Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 12:03:29 PM EDT
I am up 17% from a year ago.   No mutual funds.  Not too bad, I think.

You?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:25:16 PM EDT
[#1]
13% up which includes 10% of my total porfolia which is in bonds and it has gone nowhere.

17%.  Nice job.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 10:18:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Last April it had $69,000, now it's at $107,000

My big gainers were
Komatsu: KMTUY, MEMC: WFR, E-Trade: ET and AMD

and oil and energy stocks I sold after Karina.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:38:15 AM EDT
[#3]
My biggest holding is CWPC and its up pretty good, bought it about a little less than one year ago. (just before the hurricanes) I think my average price paid per share was something like 70 - 90 cents per share. today is around $4.70  . I really like oil and gold stocks.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:08:38 PM EDT
[#4]
My 403B invested in the "C" fund (stock index tracking the S&P 500) has been fine. My own private portfolio which I only started 6 months ago is up 17%.
I am happy with it  so far.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:13:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My biggest holding is CWPC and its up pretty good, bought it about a little less than one year ago. (just before the hurricanes) I think my average price paid per share was something like 70 - 90 cents per share. today is around $4.70  . I really like oil and gold stocks.

That was on 60minutes weeks back, Where you get the intel on it a yr ago and decide to put most of your funds in one stock for a make of break ?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:31:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I used to own  shares in a company called Suncor, great company, but I sold out after the run up. Canwest is the same basic thing as Suncor except right now I don't think they have any production. I got the info off the AOL message board that was Suncors message board.

Edit to add: While they (cwpc) are my biggest stock holding, I don't have much of my net worth invested in stocks. Biggest investment is a commercial building on 301 in Sarasota, Fl.

Edit 2: For a while here I had a thread listed as : How many things can you find wrong with CWPC? No one responded to it and it droped off. guess they could'nt find anything wrong with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top