Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/28/2005 7:36:53 PM EDT
I do. I have 5 or 6 old Colt's Manufacturing stock certificates. I just wondered if any of the rest of you own or collect these?
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 4:54:44 PM EDT
I had a Ruger stock certificate back in the 20th century. It had a .22 auto illustrated at the top.

There are not too many publicly traded cos. that manufacture firearms any more. Ruger and Smith would probably be the top 2.

Scripophily, (if I spelled that right), is a growing hobby. It is still possible to pick up certificates at a reasonable price. Trouble is, I have too many hobbies as it is!
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 4:54:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By grendelbane:
I had a Ruger stock certificate back in the 20th century. It had a .22 auto illustrated at the top.

There are not too many publicly traded cos. that manufacture firearms any more. Ruger and Smith would probably be the top 2.

Scripophily, (if I spelled that right), is a growing hobby. It is still possible to pick up certificates at a reasonable price. Trouble is, I have too many hobbies as it is!

That's the first time I've seen that reference used, and certainly used correctly, but it sure makes me feel old.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 12:17:44 PM EDT
I don't have any certificates but I do have some stock in Smith&Wesson and Ruger. Both have been in the dumps lately but I believe (And so do the analysts) that Smith is a good buy at the moment.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 12:05:37 PM EDT
This may be a stupid question but I'm wondering if Ruger is publicly traded how come Bill Ruger is still in charge and making dumb decisions? Is it because he still owns 51% of the company?
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 5:55:05 PM EDT
Bill Sr. (the founder of the company) died about a year or so ago, so I guess you're referring to his son, Bill Jr..

Anyway, I thought these might be interesting to those interested in this thread. Here are some thumbnails of some firearm companies stock certificates.

search.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/nsearch?follow-pro=1&vwcatalog=scripophily&catalog=scripophily&query=firearms%20certificates
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:14:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By geegee:
Bill Sr. (the founder of the company) died about a year or so ago, so I guess you're referring to his son, Bill Jr..

I was referring to Sr., I didn't know he had passed on.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:30:57 PM EDT
tag
Top Top