Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2017 7:19:16 PM EDT
I have a lot of questions about this. Anyone do it? Is it worth the hassle? I'm tired of working for the man and I keep coming back to this.

My shirts would be geared towards our community. Shooting, Hunting, the outdoors in general. How would I know if the shirts I like, are what other people would like? There's already plenty of other companies that do this, how would I be able to stand out in a crowd?

Thanks in advance for the help. I'm sure I'll have some more questions as well.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#1]
You kind have to target women on this one. There is a thousand dollars worth of Southern fried cotton, and simply southern hanging in the wife's closet.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 11:17:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I work for a large supplier in the promotional apparel industry.  All I can say is, it's crazy the amount of money in it.  Just think about all of the events, big and small, that have tshirts, mugs, hats, etc.  When 2008-09 recession hit, our Y-O-Y sales were still up significantly, so that meant T-shirt shops were making and selling shirts throughout that downturn.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 11:49:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I work for a large supplier in the promotional apparel industry.  All I can say is, it's crazy the amount of money in it.  Just think about all of the events, big and small, that have tshirts, mugs, hats, etc.  When 2008-09 recession hit, our Y-O-Y sales were still up significantly, so that meant T-shirt shops were making and selling shirts throughout that downturn.
View Quote
I hadn't thought about the economy aspect, but in my opinion any ways, people will always be willing to buy a cool t-shirt.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 8:07:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I know a couple who does this. They print and ship internet orders all week and work trade shows on the weekends. Crazy cash but no time to enjoy it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 5:15:22 PM EDT
[#5]
My best friend did a 100,000 initial investment to get it going and he did tons of research.  He is doing well, is tied in to all the schools, local businesses, camps, etc...  

Bad part is he has no life.  He works a normal job then does it on the side.  He finally got enough business to the point where he could hire a full time low wage guy.  He also has a friend that does the logos, who is very very good with computers. (that guy is doing it on the side)

It could be another 2-3 years before my buddy can think about dumping his full time job, if ever...

You will have a million people asking you to make this or that, got to remember there is no money in it.  You have to do everything bulk.  Otherwise you would have to charge $100 for a stinking T shirt. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top