Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2017 10:04:06 AM EDT
Right now I have. ATandT. BHP. BP which is down a grand. Citigroup, Duke realty which has done good. Novartis and my best stock VF corp which has doubled.  
I don't keep a close eye on this. I just let it ride.
Im cashing in a life insurance policy now that my kids are older and the house is paid for and yes
I do have another policy in place. Just don't feel I need 2 anymore.
Its 20k so Im thinking 5 stocks with a bright future. Im 45 so I need a 15 to 20 yr run.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 2:40:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Google "2017 Dividend Kings List"
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#2]
BP
RDSA or B
GE
CBS
XOM, JD or perhaps DOW/Dupont
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 6:51:57 PM EDT
[#3]
What company makes THAAD?
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 1:04:05 AM EDT
[#4]
T, KO,  then an oil Exxon or bp or shell, I'm a fan of target due to value but could do Walmart, last I'd do a riet WPC or O or be bold with OHI.  Best of luck.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 10:37:43 AM EDT
[#5]
raytheon, lockheed, chevron
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:25:39 PM EDT
[#6]
NVDA SHOP ATVI MA SIGI TOWN and my low price flier ARTX
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:36:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Stocks are getting ready to take a hit right now, like 2008 recession 2.0. There is a bubble in the bond market, sub prime car loans, and one other that I cannot think of at the moment. Additionally price to earnings ratios are way out of alignment. You also have foreign governments buying US stocks at a premium. There are too many factors against buying stocks. Give it 18 months when they take a major correction and buy in low.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:45:46 PM EDT
[#8]
VTI, VOO
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 8:17:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stocks are getting ready to take a hit right now, like 2008 recession 2.0. There is a bubble in the bond market, sub prime car loans, and one other that I cannot think of at the moment. Additionally price to earnings ratios are way out of alignment. You also have foreign governments buying US stocks at a premium. There are too many factors against buying stocks. Give it 18 months when they take a major correction and buy in low.
View Quote
Wait...what????
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:25:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wait...what????
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait...what????
This is confusing to you, How?    

You've gotta be old enough now, to have lived through at least 3 corrections.   Were you not paying attention?

OP, take a good look at Apple.   Div kings is a great suggestion.
The low PE ratio/High Dividend stocks hold their value better, during the inevitable downturns.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This is confusing to you, How?    

You've gotta be old enough now, to have lived through at least 3 corrections.   Were you not paying attention?

OP, take a good look at Apple.   Div kings is a great suggestion.
The low PE ratio/High Dividend stocks hold their value better, during the inevitable downturns.
View Quote
I agree were due for a correction.  PE is fairly high across the board and we're almost 10 years from the last one.  I don't think it will be nearly as bad as 2008/2009.  While there are some auto sub prime issues, they're on a much smaller scale than the housing issues in 2006/2007.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:44:09 AM EDT
[#12]
1. WMT

2. BIIB

3. TCEHY

4. FIZZ

5. NVDA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top