Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2017 4:28:34 PM EDT
Who else got in early?  I did @ avg basis of $38

Are you holding long?  I plan to hold 5 years.

What's your strategy?  I truly believe they could be the true N in FANG stocks....  Hoping it pays for my future lake house.

I wanted to go all in (non retirement money) when it was trading at $15.  My advisor, doing his job, talked me out of it.  It cost me a small fortune (meaning I could have my lake house today).  Going with my gut from now on with non retirement money.  (it has been more right than wrong over the years...)
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#1]
And those splits.

I will probably never sell mine.

A perfect example of how easy it is to, if not get rich, make a ton of $ in America.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:00:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And those splits.

I will probably never sell mine.

A perfect example of how easy it is to, if not get rich, make a ton of $ in America.
View Quote
Word!

However, it does take money to make money.  Also, scared money don't make money...
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 12:01:49 AM EDT
[#3]
My average price is about three times yours, but I'm very long on them. It has been a solid, though temperamental, performer since I bought in. The day to day is hard to watch but I'm hoping years from now I'll be patting myself on the back.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 5:42:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I think a huge part of NVDA's profits are due to crypto mining. They can't make the cards fast enough to keep up with the demand and they are selling for double what they sold for before the mining craze. As long as it continues they will sell cards like hotcakes but if the crypto market tanks the market will be flooded with graphics cards and NVDA will be hurting. As an example I am a very small time miner - hobby basis really and I have bought 14 NVDA graphics cards this year. Some miners have bought hundreds. Their normal customers buy one card every 4-5 years.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 8:34:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Instead of cryptomining being the reason to invest in this company, how about their play in displays in automobiles, and autonomy in the future?
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 4:22:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Wall Street is finally waking up to NVDA's real potential...Artificial Intelligence!  That's what had drawn me to the stock in the 1st place.  The rest of the market segments are gravy.  A few of the financial players figured it out and now touting the sky's the limit.  Nice 10% run up in 2 days!  

I bought APPL @ $15 around 2000ish with the same strong conviction.  Only problem was i had no money back then.  Sold it in the mid $30's in 2002 to help build my house.  Had I kept it I be retired.  NVDA wont change the date I retire at this point, however, I'm hoping it makes retirement a lot more enjoyable...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top