Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 9:35:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Latest statement
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 12:06:51 AM EDT
[#2]
after seeing A grade loans charged off at the first payment I'm trying my hand at the lending platform,  we'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 9:26:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I have had one bankruptcy in my traded loans.  
However the risk wasn't 25$ it was closer to half or less.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 10:33:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Do you mind detailing the losses/charged off loans? Are all but one from before you started purchasing loans on the secondary market?
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#5]
What details would you like to know about the charge offs?  My one traded account heading that way is a bankruptcy and it is in the 60-120 day range.  Defaults aren't likely to come back at all.

Attachment Attached File

Working backwards
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 8:59:29 PM EDT
[#6]
So if I'm reading it correctly; after you changed methods you have a single $12.70 loan that may not get paid back.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 9:06:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 9:09:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So if I'm reading it correctly; after you changed methods you have a single $12.70 loan that may not get paid back.
View Quote
Exactly.  Buying on the trading platform I bought the note for $12.70, and got nothing out of it.  On the main platform purchase of notes it would of been a min $25 a note purchase.

sou you can double the diversity on the trading platform and see the payment history of the note you are buying.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 5:27:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Also, is there any way to send a message to a borrower?
If I get an account on Lending Club, can I buy notes? Or do I need an account on Folio for that? I just want to buy and sell notes.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 12:15:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Also, is there any way to send a message to a borrower?
If I get an account on Lending Club, can I buy notes? Or do I need an account on Folio for that? I just want to buy and sell notes.
View Quote
There is no contact with the borrower.   You can buy new notes on lending club at a minimum of $25 each.  Folio is for buying/selling established notes.
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 5:47:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I am about done with Lending club. I started with 10k, no more than $25 per loan, and used their automatic investing spread over the risk grades. 400 loans total.

The rate of return was good at first but the charge offs and delinquents keep rising. My adjusted return is now just over 3%. I am not losing money but there are better options.

I turned off the automated investing and in 3 years or whatever after all my people have paid off their loans I will be cashing out.

It is a cool idea and if you have the time to sit through and cherry pick loans you very well might be able to get great returns but I don't have the time for that.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:34:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I am about done with Lending club. I started with 10k, no more than $25 per loan, and used their automatic investing spread over the risk grades. 400 loans total.

The rate of return was good at first but the charge offs and delinquents keep rising. My adjusted return is now just over 3%. I am not losing money but there are better options.

I turned off the automated investing and in 3 years or whatever after all my people have paid off their loans I will be cashing out.

It is a cool idea and if you have the time to sit through and cherry pick loans you very well might be able to get great returns but I don't have the time for that.
View Quote
Is this buying notes?
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 1:00:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
What grade loans were you mostly into?   I've kind of found the same thing.....returns keep dropping and I've cherry picked a ton of mine.     Also do you have any 60 month loans that will take you 5 years to get out of?   I'm trying out the Folio as suggested on here to minimize my losses and to find people to have a history of paying.  So far, not much better but I'm not losing money so I'll stick with it for a bit.   I like the idea of lending club because it seems to have more consistent returns, but getting involved in consumer credit seems to be another bubble just waiting to burst.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 3:22:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Reming me to give you all an update.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 4:02:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Great thread.

The trading platform you are using is Folio?
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Great thread.

View Quote
It is the trading platform that they offer to buy and sell notes.  Folio investing.

After logging in to check on the account after not looking at it for a while I saw some of the traded accounts are close to charging off and I have decided that there is way to high of accounts charging off for me to believe that they aren't funneling sub prime loans to the individual investor.

I am letting it run its course and taking my money out as people pay out.

I haven't lost money but I believe there are better options out there.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 6:37:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 7:09:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It is the trading platform that they offer to buy and sell notes.  Folio investing.

After logging in to check on the account after not looking at it for a while I saw some of the traded accounts are close to charging off and I have decided that there is way to high of accounts charging off for me to believe that they aren't funneling sub prime loans to the individual investor.

View Quote
Wonder if there is a way to research historical default rates on Lending Tree?

Thanks for the  update!
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 7:30:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great thread.

Ive been doing that for some time now. Occasionally check in on it and have noticed a uptick of charge offs as well. Went from 10-3% return pretty damn quick.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Wonder if there is a way to research historical default rates on Lending Tree?

Thanks for the  update!
View Quote
Not quite what your looking for but might be worth a look

https://www.lendingclub.com/info/demand-and-credit-profile.action
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 11:19:55 AM EDT
[#22]
I've noticed lending club is going downhill as well.   I started in 2011 and was able to squeek out 6-7% returns without much effort.    Now I have to work for it,  Folio started out great as well and now they are continuing down the same path.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 11:28:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Not quite what your looking for but might be worth a look

https://www.lendingclub.com/info/demand-and-credit-profile.action
View Quote
Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 2:40:58 PM EDT
[#24]
I've never looked into lending club or p2p lending at all, but wouldn't most of the people borrowing money just go to their local bank if they could?  It seems like most of the loans would either be sub-prime or maybe some kind of start up that couldn't get traditional bank financing.

Maybe I'm wrong, but from the surface that's the way I would think it works.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top