Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2006 6:10:22 PM EDT
I have adopted a solder. I have exchanged an email with him but it was slow. I need to know if Fires BDE, 4th I.D. is in Iraq or Afghanistan so I can fill out the customs form.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:23:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump !!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:47:43 AM EDT
[#2]
APO address' are not considered another country. They are a USA address.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:19:38 AM EDT
[#3]
The post office still requires you fill out a customs form. (I have to with my son's stuff , He is in Iraq.)
the P.O. should be able to tell you the country. (from the apo.)
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:05:14 AM EDT
[#4]
google the APO zip and you should get an idea of where it is.

for example APO, AE 09354 will give you enough hits to tell you its Afghanistan.

That said.... I haven't seen any 4th ID folks on this side.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:09:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have adopted a solder. I have exchanged an email with him but it was slow. I need to know if Fires BDE, 4th I.D. is in Iraq or Afghanistan so I can fill out the customs form.

Like the other guys said, there is no reason to put the country on it at all.  All mail to APO AE addresses goes through NY, and all to APO AP goes through San Fran.  Just fill out the name and unit, and put APO for the city, AE for the state, and the ZIP.  It will work out fine.  Thanks for adopting a soldier!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:00:25 AM EDT
[#6]
4th ID (or at least a part of it) is in Iraq, Baghdad area.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:24:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Nevermind, my reading comprehension is going to crap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top