Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:33:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By deadcat:
I'm gonna go with Ft Polk on this one.

I would have to second FT Polk
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:53:18 PM EDT
MCLB Barstow CA,

Ft Sill OK

Ft. Polk

theres so many bases I frickin hate theres just no way to list them all. i will however predict that no AF bases make the lists.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:14:08 PM EDT
Camp Parks, California
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:15:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By modog:
Ft. McCoy.

It's in Wisconsin.... it's not all that bad.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:30:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NAM:

Ft. McCoy.

Ft. McCoy has gotten better since the onset of war
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:32:58 PM EDT
Fort Greely
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:26:59 AM EDT
FT. POLK!!!!!!!! I've been to a lot of shit holes in the world but my 3 days at Ft. Polk I still consider the worse!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:28:47 AM EDT
The food at Ft. Dix has been the worst I've ever had in uniform every time I've been there. The base itself offers nothing to remember, and has an nuclear waste marker for good measure. It's also In NJ, so that's a trifecta.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:18:37 AM EDT
Ft.polk, God 6 JRTCs rotations, F**K that place.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:00:48 PM EDT
I was thinking about my response above (FT POLK) and was thinking that maybe it was because I mainly saw the "BOX" at JRTC, but then I asked my buddy that was permenent party and he agreed. FT Polk it is.

Man that place sucked. Anybody remember FT Chaffey AK? I went to one JRTC rotation that we actually jumped (ABN OPS) back and forth between Chaffey and Polk. That was double suck.....
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:04:12 PM EDT
Yes. Ft.Chaffee did indeed suck as well, its now a National Guard base.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:22:37 PM EDT
I spent tons of time at JRTC while it was at Chaffee (Tick central), never made it there when it switch to Ft. Polk.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:41:57 PM EDT
I only had three duty stations, back then you couldnt get out of Ft Hood unless you got out of the Army.

As much as I hated Ft Hood, it was common knowledge that Polk was indeed the worst base the Army ever had. I never went there, but know if it was worse than Hood I never needed to ever go there.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:13:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/14/2006 7:23:33 AM EDT by Darkstar117]
Ali Al Salem, Kuwait.

OH, WHY DID THEY CLOSE JABER?

OK, in the U.S.

Sheppard AFB, TX.

Nothing to do leaves the trainees with everything to do. Mostly getting into trouble. For many it's the first time away from home totally unsupervised, and responsible for themselves.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:27:27 AM EDT
Concrete, North Dakota. A NORAD component, it's classified as a CONUS remote!

Ed
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:37:14 AM EDT
Never been there, but I heard Johnston Island is pretty bad.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:40:50 PM EDT
McCoy
Chaffee
Polk
Bliss/ McGregor Range
Leonardwood

In no particular order of course!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:48:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/14/2006 1:51:29 PM EDT by wildearp]
Mnt Plt, H&S Bn. 1st FSSG, Camp Pendleton, CA.

Unless it has improved, when I was in, all the Platoon level buildings were uninsulated, blacktop floored, previous morgues/body storage areas from the Vietnam War area, complete with numbers on the beams and lines on the floor for body storage areas. This was our work area.

The barracks were old squadbays that regularly had boiler failure on the coldest days of winter, meaning no heat and ice cold showers. No air conditioning whatsoever. Corporal and below had to live in open squadbays, Sergeants had two man rooms. BAQ/Comrats only approved if you were married.

Decent base, but a shithole for a duty station due to the poor working and living environment, and I was stationed there twice. This particular area butted up against NWS Fallbrook.

But, it beats the field, but only slightly.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:52:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DvlDog:
<snip>
theres so many bases I frickin hate theres just no way to list them all. i will however predict that no AF bases make the lists.

Unless the cable is out - LOL!!

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:38:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By wildearp:
Mnt Plt, H&S Bn. 1st FSSG, Camp Pendleton, CA.

Unless it has improved, when I was in, all the Platoon level buildings were uninsulated, blacktop floored, previous morgues/body storage areas from the Vietnam War area, complete with numbers on the beams and lines on the floor for body storage areas. This was our work area.

The barracks were old squadbays that regularly had boiler failure on the coldest days of winter, meaning no heat and ice cold showers. No air conditioning whatsoever. Corporal and below had to live in open squadbays, Sergeants had two man rooms. BAQ/Comrats only approved if you were married.

Decent base, but a shithole for a duty station due to the poor working and living environment, and I was stationed there twice. This particular area butted up against NWS Fallbrook.

But, it beats the field, but only slightly.

It has only partially improved.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:04:21 AM EDT
Camp Shelby, MS.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:29:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DeadSled:

Originally Posted By NAM:

Ft. McCoy.

Ft. McCoy has gotten better since the onset of war

Ft. McCoy, trust me it isnt any better, I deployed out of there for OIF now I work there full time and have to see it every day. (maybe the base isnt that bad but a couple of the civi's I work with sure make it seem that way)
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:34:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2006 9:42:01 AM EDT by bonepickerx]
Camp McCall, Ft. Bragg. Special Forces Assesment and Selection facillity right next door to the SEAR school 28 Days of pure Hell, the sandman=back pain forever. Johnson Atoll used to be the Chemical weapons storage and testing center never there thank god but new a few guys who there? Florida Everglades Jungle phase of Ranger school my brother still has foot problems.

Oh Yea, Why Camp McCall, no food, cold showers when you had time I think I had 3, no sleep, no information, 18-20 hr days, 65lbs strapped to your back everywhere you go and you never stop going, plus your team had too carry lots of extras everywhere like the sandman, mortar crates full of sand, 5 Gallon water cans full of sang one in each hand and one strapped too the top of your rucksack and so on. Plus I went through during a DOD experiment. More than 500 "applicants" too include Marine Force Recon, Navy Seals, and Air force PJ's, and I volunteered for it. I was questioning my sanity half way through and given we took phsyc evals quite freqwently I think the GB's who were the evaluators questioned it at times too.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:45:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2006 7:47:45 PM EDT by spraay]
Let's see, that would have to be Eglin AFB in Florida. White sand beaches, two NCO clubs, beautiful weather most of the year, beach volleyball...

Oh that's right... you guys said 'worst'...

Uhhhhh.... Hmmmm....

Shemya Island, Alaska... out on the Aleutian chain. Is that still open?

SP
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:47:40 PM EDT
Camp Casey, Korea (1994), cuz I was stuck there!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:04:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GUNGUY1911:
McCoy
Chaffee
Polk
Bliss/ McGregor Range
Leonardwood

In no particular order of course!

My thoughts exactly... I have actually been knocked down from a tumbleweed out at McGregor last year. McCoy at least has Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream at the DFAC.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:59:52 PM EDT
Polk, cause it just sucks and the OPFOR have their game down pat. I've got 8 JRTC rotations.

Drum, cause the only good thing about Drum is being able to go to Canada. I was there for 2 years and it was the most worthless, high optempo ever. Actually, I did get to do a Sinai rotation, but that doesn't count.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:35:43 AM EDT
I would say Polk and Dix. Polk is just Polk but Dix always smells like sewage trucks.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:39:51 AM EDT
Fort Drum, Watertown NY...Armpit of the frikkin world...Fort Dix was not nearly as bed, in comparison.

Best is Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, TX.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 10:57:56 AM EDT
Most I have been to sucked..

Ft.Bragg was a good post to soldier at, but a shitty area.. Ft.Benning was pretty bad also.. Pretty much any military post where the local city's only function is to supply shopping areas for Joes is a hole...

Ft. Carson was pretty nice... No Bragg BLVD, Victory Drive, etc.. Could actually forget that there was an Army base there.

Germany can be the shit, or shit depending on where you are... Stuttgart is pretty nice, but some other places are like Ft.Bragg/Fayetteville shipped over to Germany.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:04:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Warhawk:
Fort Greely

ignorance is bliss. untill you have hit fort greely or anywhere around wainright you can't bitch.

imagine this our 1/40th guys jumped into -30s and below. they set a new record for coldest airborne op then spent a few weeks out in it. Im going up for a brigade level ftx in a month or 2 and Im dreading it. other posts might suck but imagine nothing but shooting ranges for miles and miles and miles. then add the elements and you will probably go ahead and just kill yourself.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:13:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/24/2006 9:16:45 PM EDT by cobra-ak]
Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. 1974 arid, desolate and absolutely no pie on the US side of the wire. Alcohol and pool tables. depressing just to remember. Second place goes to 8th and I in DC, shitty neighborhood, although I have heard that DC has gentrified the surrounding neighborhood now. DC was like the wild west, drug dealing and hookers everywhere.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:29:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/24/2006 9:30:09 PM EDT by CAAAwarfighter]
NOB from a squids perspective. Pretty bad when your pier sentries get mugged for their weapons(1999)
Gitmo wasn't much fun either.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:34:06 PM EDT
Whiteman AFB, Nob Knoster Missouri............... what a shit hole
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:38:05 PM EDT
NAS Meridian
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:30:12 AM EDT
My mom's from Meridian, thems fightin words!

Seriously, Meridian is no upscale area by ANY standard.

Originally Posted By dpmmn:
NAS Meridian

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:19:32 PM EDT
ft polk

ft riley ain't all that hot either, but it looks like heaven compared to polk

i loved ft benning.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:36:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By bonepickerx:
Camp McCall, Ft. Bragg. Special Forces Assesment and Selection facillity right next door to the SEAR school 28 Days of pure Hell, the sandman=back pain forever. Johnson Atoll used to be the Chemical weapons storage and testing center never there thank god but new a few guys who there? Florida Everglades Jungle phase of Ranger school my brother still has foot problems.

Oh Yea, Why Camp McCall, no food, cold showers when you had time I think I had 3, no sleep, no information, 18-20 hr days, 65lbs strapped to your back everywhere you go and you never stop going, plus your team had too carry lots of extras everywhere like the sandman, mortar crates full of sand, 5 Gallon water cans full of sang one in each hand and one strapped too the top of your rucksack and so on. Plus I went through during a DOD experiment. More than 500 "applicants" too include Marine Force Recon, Navy Seals, and Air force PJ's, and I volunteered for it. I was questioning my sanity half way through and given we took phsyc evals quite freqwently I think the GB's who were the evaluators questioned it at times too.

yeah, but that was supposed to suck.

I go Ft Polk....

then Baumholder.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:38:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 45Boy:
I would say Polk and Dix. Polk is just Polk but Dix always smells like sewage trucks.

sounds like you were a little closer to Ft Balls.....

someone had to say it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:38:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DoorKicker:

Originally Posted By deadcat:
I'm gonna go with Ft Polk on this one.

I would have to second FT Polk

I hated that place
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:54:10 PM EDT
Wow, seems like everyone hates Polk. i've personally never been, thank god, but my least fav is For Hunter Ligget. talk about in teh middle of nowhere and nothing to do. you cant even get a friggin pizza delivered tehre. Dominos wont touch it!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:09:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Darkstar117:
Ali Al Salem, Kuwait.

If that is the worst that you see on deployment I envy you.

-BJohnson
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:57:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Recon_by_Fire:
I spent tons of time at JRTC while it was at Chaffee (Tick central), never made it there when it switch to Ft. Polk.

We chewed some of the same dirt then. I was Bco 1/509 from 91-93.

Opfor was an awesome assignment.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:26:59 AM EDT
i just ran this question past my brother (AF) he said "Tinker AFB was pretty bad. we had 2 guys per dorm room...that sucked" BWHAHAHAHAHA.. fag
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:18:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/6/2006 10:20:23 AM EDT by PJ11B4V]

Originally Posted By BJohnson383:

Originally Posted By Darkstar117:
Ali Al Salem, Kuwait.

If that is the worst that you see on deployment I envy you.

-BJohnson

Bwahaha. Now that is funny!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:21:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/6/2006 10:24:14 AM EDT by _DR]
Of the places I was, I liked Ft Riley the least.

Junction City was nothing but skanky whores and bad pizza Joints.
Even Victory Drive was better in comparison.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:28:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By GlockLuvinRedleg:
ft polk

ft riley ain't all that hot either, but it looks like heaven compared to polk

i loved ft benning.

whats to hate on riley? I haven't been stationed there but I like the manhatte jct city area. not that bad. Any one know of a glidden? ltc glidden retired maybe 4 years ago?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:14:46 AM EDT
I did a training stint at McGregor Range, that place was a shithole.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top