Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2017 8:12:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m4hk33]
Haven't been there in about 12 years, how is it these days? Supposed to be staying in a barracks room, are they set up for cable, internet, or phone?
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:39:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I was there in 03 stayed in the tents that the British used. We had to scrounge for converters in order to use there power. Good times
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 4:15:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I am at an Army facility in Qatar. I have been to Arifjan and Beuhring several times over the last few months. Both are basically dumps still. Arifjan has expanded a lot with new maintenance and office facilities. Those areas are nice. But, the transient areas and the offices used by rotating reserve component units are pretty crappy.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 3:12:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I am here now, it's OK, has everything you need,

Really all you can really say about it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 12:50:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Minuteman1636:
I am at an Army facility in Qatar. I have been to Arifjan and Beuhring several times over the last few months. Both are basically dumps still. Arifjan has expanded a lot with new maintenance and office facilities. Those areas are nice. But, the transient areas and the offices used by rotating reserve component units are pretty crappy.
View Quote
Well, last year when I was at Ali Al Salem (Air Force) we thought Arifjan was a lot nicer than our accommodations.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 4:35:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m4hk33] [#5]
good times, I'll be here for a while
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By m4hk33:
I am here now, it's OK, has everything you need,

Really all you can really say about it.
View Quote
That pretty much sums it up.  I've been there a couple times between NOV 03 and DEC 2014.  It's got all the creatgure comforts you can ask for - PX, barbershop, ed center, starbucks, food court, DFACs are better than CONUS.  When I left they were doing MWR trips to malls and other places. I lived on post (pods next to starbucks) and was pimped out to USEMB to work at KMOD with Kuwaitis.  It was a good way to pass the time.  Worst thing was the 75km drive each way, everyday. Cable in rooms, internet was via my phone (take a GSM phone with you) and buy a smart card there.  Refills available on post.  It's been a couple years, but post up any other questions you have.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 1:53:31 PM EDT
[#7]
We are about 30 minutes out from post.  Outside of the summer, iI like it.I'll be here for a while.

Alot of changes since my first trip in 05ish.  Chow halls are decent,  and all but having cheescake factory and five guys within 10 minutes makes life fairly easy.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 11:02:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Where are you at? I work in lot 52 across from the PX in zone 1.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 2:34:47 AM EDT
[#9]
5 Guys is in Magboula. Lots of Westerners stay in that area. Traffic is
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 5:17:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Zone 2 In between k9 and the Jail.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 11:43:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Arriving in the next few weeks.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 1:48:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hugh_Glass] [#12]
This place...

"My world is reduced to a single instinct: Survive. As the world fell it was hard to know who was more crazy. Me... Or everyone else"
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 10:32:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Just rotated through a couple months ago. It wasnt bad amenities wise..lodging fucking sucked..like living in a bus terminal 24/7 not enough storage.. muthafuckas up on muthafuckas in housing but it didnt suck as much as N Ft. HOOD. That place can DIAF.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 2:35:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 94five0:
Just rotated through a couple months ago. It wasnt bad amenities wise..lodging fucking sucked..like living in a bus terminal 24/7 not enough storage.. muthafuckas up on muthafuckas in housing but it didnt suck as much as N Ft. HOOD. That place can DIAF.
View Quote
for anybody inbound, they actually opened up a couple new restaurants that are actually pretty damn good for on base.  first is the Argentinian Grill, complete with all you can eat steak,  and some quisi brick over pizza place next to it.  forget the name but they are located next to the zone 1 starbucks. the one under the clam shell
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 3:01:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cornholiodagreat] [#15]
nvm, didn't see this was from 2017
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top