Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2011 10:28:59 AM EDT
Didn't know where to ask and since Im deployed I just  posted here. So anybody know what's the deal with the correspondence courses these days? Way back in late 2008 and early 2009 I knew I was about to go to the board for my E-5 and had to get my points up and spent a lot time knocking courses out. For the longest time my ERB said I had 406 hrs of correspondence course and I checked today to kinda of get idea where I stand in points and my ERB reads 0. I tried to log on to the old site and got redirected. long story short I got lost once again in a bunch of .mil hyper links and never could find where to log into.

So that's my first question. Is there a new site for the courses and will it still have saved what I completed in the past? If you know the new site please share address.

Second, I heard with the new promotion system that you have to finish the whole course instead of just sub courses. Is this rumor or fact?

Thanks for the help and sorry to ask but its hard to research when using the MWR.
Link Posted: 7/9/2011 10:33:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/9/2011 11:58:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Go to AKO, hit the my training tab, then click on ALMS. Most of the distributed learning courses can be found there. But they got rid of a lot of the courses, pretty much there are a couple of armor, engineer, public affairs, and tech ones. Nothing for Infantry.
Link Posted: 7/15/2011 9:46:59 AM EDT
[#3]
After the new system took over, you have to complete full courses, no more sub-courses.

Goto:
https://www.atrrs.army.mil/selfdevctr/catalog/course.aspx
Look at your current transcript for hours that carried over and then take it to your S1 rep to have the hours put in manually.

Sign up for courses at that site as well.  Lots of Ammuniction center and Medical courses.  They count as full courses, are easy and add up fast.

Classes can be taken at: https://www.lms.army.mil
Website is a .mil site so sometimes it doesn't work too well.
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 11:22:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the heads up guys.

Kirch
Link Posted: 7/31/2011 8:57:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Does anyone know of a new catalog with what is a subcourse and what is a full course? I can't get any help from anyone in my unit and the constant hyperlinks and gibberish of AKO is killing me.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 11:01:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Search in ALMS for the courses, in there it will tell you the subcourses or what it's a subcourse of sometimes, you'll have to register for them through ATTRS though.

If you click on the ACCP link you can get a mitigated course list which has the correspondence course hours listed for some courses.  Don't ount on the hours you see listed in the sub courses adding up to the actual hours you'll receive.

You can apparently also get some credit hours through Army e-Learning as well, I have gotten some through the 1 hour coursework classes.  No need to register through ATTRS, and their system doesn't crash and burn everytime you try to take a test

Link Posted: 8/15/2011 3:05:37 AM EDT
[#7]
usarmy.skillport.com

Is the direct link and after you complete the courses they post on to your ERB automatically after a few days.

I stick to the hour courses on dumb stuff because you can go straight to the test and 9 times out of 10 pass it first try by just reading the questions. Also english rosetta stone counts as well. You can do 8 hours worth in about 45 minutes. I also did 15 hours on "secrets to female leadership" just on general principle of how stupid the points system is.
Link Posted: 8/21/2011 2:29:16 PM EDT
[#8]
+1 Skillport is THE way to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top