Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2010 4:11:15 PM EDT

Any idea?
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#1]
depends on if you live off base and where your home of residence is. I made a crapton in Iraq because BAH is great for us in CA.
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 5:28:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
depends on if you live off base and where your home of residence is. I made a crapton in Iraq because BAH is great for us in CA.

I checked the rates, Oklahoma sucks for BAH!   $834 a month, orange county ,ca is 1900!
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I checked the rates, Oklahoma sucks for BAH! $834 a month, orange county ,ca is 1900!

Depends how long you've been in ... base pay for E-4 (and however many years of service) + BAS + BAH + Family Separation Pay + Hostile Fire Pay + Hazardous Duty Pay (IIRC) and any other bonuses you get such as language pay or jump pay or whatever.

All tax free, though taxes may be taken out, you should get them all back on the next year's tax return.  I got stoploss pay as well and I was pulling in quite a bit for a while there. (for an E4)

Link Posted: 8/25/2010 8:39:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I checked the rates, Oklahoma sucks for BAH! $834 a month, orange county ,ca is 1900!

Depends how long you've been in ... base pay for E-4 (and however many years of service) + BAS + BAH + Family Separation Pay + Hostile Fire Pay + Hazardous Duty Pay (IIRC) and any other bonuses you get such as language pay or jump pay or whatever.

All tax free, though taxes may be taken out, you should get them all back on the next year's tax return.  I got stoploss pay as well and I was pulling in quite a bit for a while there. (for an E4)

Yep, its different for everyone.  As an E4 Tanker in Iraq in 2007 I made about $3100 a month. as an EOD E5 in Afghanistan in 2010 I make close to double that.

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 8:16:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Can't say for E4, but I'm and E3 living off base getting San Diego county BAH and all the other extras and I'm getting just over $4300 a month.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 5:07:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm getting roughly 2k a month here, but I haven't filed for Separation Pay either yet, I'm waiting till I get back to do that. I live on base too so I'm not getting the BAH either.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 9:47:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I made $1000 more per month as an E-4 in Hawaii than I did as an E-5 at Ft Hood, TX.  Its all about locality, most places in the mainland have crappy BAH rates and no COLA.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:07:42 PM EDT
[#8]

In Garrison

BAH and BAS no separation pay I get 1750 a check. With Separation due to prolonged training 2050 a check

In country

Double that and little more
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top