Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/16/2006 7:34:30 PM EDT
which issue will it be? Joe called and he is excited.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:41:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:26:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/23/2006 4:31:48 AM EDT by jmart]
Bulk of article was about the bolt action .308 takedown rifle. Very impressive accuracy for a takedown kit that stows in a compact carrying case.

Some mention of Compak-16 and Recon rifle, I wish they would have tested and reported on that package more thoroughly. Actually it sounded more like they described some of AT's additional offerings without having hands on with them, although there was a photo showing it in use. Not sure if it was the author in the photo or if were pulled from some other photo library.

Wish I could remember it more clearly, I can't find the issue in the house, it's probably in the garage out back and I don't feel like marching through the snow to get to it. Must follow up later......

Denny, how bout a more thorough wringing out of the Recon Rifle in a future issue?

ETA: Have since got the issue from the garage, the author did shoot the Compak-16 and was pretty impressed. He thought the gas trap design helped controllability quite a bit and he had no trouble keeping 3-4 round burst on target at 100 yds. No group sizes, ammo used or velocities reported though, that's what I was looking for. BAsic report waw limited to it's controllable and reliable.
Top Top