Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2006 7:35:41 PM EDT
I know that there are a few hockey fans on here, but we never talk much smack.

My Thrashers have crawled out of the basement and are kicking ass! It is good to see hockey again and my whole family is enjoying the trips to the rink. Kovalchuk owns Crosby and we beat the Red Wings. Things are looking good for the playoffs.

Oh yeah, we just finished thumping Dallas.

Who's your team?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Panthers.

Luongo posted a shutout last night and Olli Jokinen is the greatest player in the NHL .
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:41:19 AM EDT
[#2]
After dropping 5 in a row, I am not sure that I really want to talk puck anymore.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:51:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Senators Rule

I am just hoping Hasek can hold it together here. The Alfredson, Spezza, Heatley line is the bomb.

I am actually really looking forward to the Olympic Hockey.

Hey Chainsaw how is Hossa doing for you guys.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:38:17 PM EDT
[#4]
See the Avatar
<------

Red Wings
W L OTL PTS
36 13 5 77

UofM
16-10-3 Overall
11-7-3 CCHA
Currently Ranked 6th in the country
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:28:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Senators Rule

I am just hoping Hasek can hold it together here. The Alfredson, Spezza, Heatley line is the bomb.

I am actually really looking forward to the Olympic Hockey.

Hey Chainsaw how is Hossa doing for you guys.

As much as I hated to see Heatley go, Hossa is a rock solid, all around hockey player. He is quickly becoming my favorite on the team. Under the circumstances, the trade was a good one and all involved came out good.

I only wish that our January would have continued like our game against Ottawa.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:46:14 PM EDT
[#6]
NHL - Montreal Canadiens

NCAA - Bowling Green (OH), my Alma Mater
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:45:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Lifelong, rabid Pittsburgh Penguins fan...through the good and the bad (currently kind of bad).
Cant say I agree with the statement "Kovalchuk owns Crosby", though...Thats just crazy talk

VIVE Le #66 thank you for the memories, Mario
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:56:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey MadMedic what are going to do when they Move the Penquins?

Any Idea where they are going? Kansas, Houston, Winnepeg.

If you move a team from the east into the west are you going to bring a team from the west over to the east? who would you bring over. Detroit, Columbus, or Nashville?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:18:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hey MadMedic what are going to do when they Move the Penquins?

Any Idea where they are going? Kansas, Houston, Winnepeg.

If you move a team from the east into the west are you going to bring a team from the west over to the east? who would you bring over. Detroit, Columbus, or Nashville?

Well, hopefully that will not happen. (and I dont think it will)... Hopefully the slot machine deal will work out.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:20:27 PM EDT
[#10]
What ever happened to Sin Bin?  He'd do 50 posts in this thread all by his lonesome self.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:28:58 PM EDT
[#11]
speaking of "puck"...this is me, about 10 years ago.
Championship season.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:21:40 AM EDT
[#12]
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

NCAA: Boston University Terriers

If they move the Pienguins, more than likely I'll follow that team where ever it goes. Either that or I'll follow the Blackhawks (our local AHL team is affiliated with Chicago). I hope it doesn't come to that.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:39:45 AM EDT
[#13]
you all can puck off,  gulls rule
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:02:11 AM EDT
[#14]
So with all this hoopla on Gretzky's wife, Headline News found a great clip of file footage of the Great One.  It showed him behind the bench of the 'Yotes arguing with the referee (and looking genuinely pissed off).

Couldn't show him with the Cup, scoring #802, beating the Leafs in 93, or anything where he did something amazing...  that just wouldn't be right.

That irked me.  Gretzky is the calmest, quietest athlete around, and they show him in a negative manner when it was his friggin' wife being a douche.

Edit-

Yeah, I emailed Headline News just now:
The recent hoopla involving Gretzky's wife is news and I'm not disputing that.  However, this morning's Headline News showed a file footage clip of Wayne Gretzky coaching a Phoenix Coyotes game in which he was arguing with a referee.

Gretzky is one of the nicest, calmest, most soft spoken athletes out there, and not to mention one of the best ever to grace any of the 4 main pro-sports.

Keep in mind this scandal involved his WIFE, not Gretzky.  If you're going to show who he is, please do so in a respectable manner.

Show Gretzky winning the Stanley Cup, show him scoring an overtime game-winning goal vs the Toronto Maple Leaf from 1993, show Gretzky breaking Gordie Howe's all time goal scoring record as he put goal #802 into the net against the Vancouver Canucks.

Other than this, I rarely have any gripes on your show and I routinely watch it in the mornings before I go to work.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:51:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't know what happened to Sin_Bin, that little hockey freak.

Anyhoo, I don't pay attention to much hockey, but I live in Chicago so Blackhawks it is.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:04:29 PM EDT
[#16]
I was a HUGE gretzky fan growing up in So Cal when he was with the kings..

Now that he is part of the ownership/coaching staff here in PHX, I am a HUGE coyotes fan.. Not the best team in the league by any means, but a fan nonetheless. I do wish Nagy wasnt hurt though.

A fact I didnt know for a while: Mike Ricci chose to wear number 40 to honor Pat Tillman.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Does anybody here besides me think that the American Men’s Olympic Hockey team is going to be receiving instruction from the Women’s Olympic Hockey team?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:49:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Does anybody here besides me think that the American Men’s Olympic Hockey team is going to be receiving instruction from the Women’s Olympic Hockey team?

I don't know, I was disappointed in the USA Women's team this year. Obviously they did better than the men but I expected them to play Canada for the gold.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:40:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Pittsburgh fan here.  I hope they can get something going on a new arena, Kansas City Penguins doesn't have the same ring to it....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top