Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 6:18:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it weird that we aren't playing through week 16? I get not playing week 17 but I don't think I've ever even heard of a league that ended after week 15.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 6:24:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it weird that we aren't playing through week 16? I get not playing week 17 but I don't think I've ever even heard of a league that ended after week 15.
View Quote
Espn fucking sucks, no other way to put it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 6:25:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Projections:

Spidey - 123.6
Me - 115

Good luck in this rematch.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn it went quick. Good luck everybody.
Projections:

Spidey - 123.6
Me - 115

Good luck in this rematch.
Of course now that I’m out of playoffs my team decides to blow up. Oh well.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 6:54:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
Factually correct, but I think ESPN default leagues start the playoffs in week 14 and play through week 17 using a two-week matchup format.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Factually correct, but I think ESPN default leagues start the playoffs in week 14 and play through week 17 using a two-week matchup format.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that means it sucks to the power of infinity. Like a black hole of suck.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:35:50 PM EDT
[#6]
With that TD to Kittle, it looks like my season is likely over. It's been real, gents.
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 9:43:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Our 10 team (2 division) league on myfantasyleague.com ends next week.

13 weeks works out to playing every team in your division twice, and every team in the other division once.

I think it sucks, but it's what the league voted for.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 1:08:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
With that TD to Kittle, it looks like my season is likely over. It's been real, gents.
View Quote
?

You've got the last playoff spot, even with a loss.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 1:09:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or just change the settings and not pretend it's something to complain about?
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 7:58:04 AM EDT
[#10]
In my other league I just suffered the most ignominious, soul-crushing defeat in the history of fantasy football.  Change my mind.

I went into the Monday Night game with a 49.67 point lead.  My opponent had Lamar Jackson, Mark Ingram, and the Rams defense.  Scary?  Hell yeah.

Lamar (MVP Jackson) and Ingram scored 47.03 points until they were pulled in the 4th quarter.  At that point I was still up by 0.64 points.  I thought that maybe, just maybe I could make it to the end of the game without the inept Ram defense (who had only scored two points up to then) getting a point.

The sack of RG3 with 7:18 left sealed my fate, and I lost by 0.36 points.  I scored the second highest points this week (35% above league average) and needed a win to stay in the playoff hunt.  Tell me a sob story worse than this one and I'll buy you a beer to cry in.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 9:07:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 12:57:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

?

You've got the last playoff spot, even with a loss.
View Quote
Just saw that. Backed into a playoff spot.

w00t!
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 2:12:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
In my other league I just suffered the most ignominious, soul-crushing defeat in the history of fantasy football.  Change my mind.

I went into the Monday Night game with a 49.67 point lead.  My opponent had Lamar Jackson, Mark Ingram, and the Rams defense.  Scary?  Hell yeah.

Lamar (MVP Jackson) and Ingram scored 47.03 points until they were pulled in the 4th quarter.  At that point I was still up by 0.64 points.  I thought that maybe, just maybe I could make it to the end of the game without the inept Ram defense (who had only scored two points up to then) getting a point.

The sack of RG3 with 7:18 left sealed my fate, and I lost by 0.36 points.  I scored the second highest points this week (35% above league average) and needed a win to stay in the playoff hunt.  Tell me a sob story worse than this one and I'll buy you a beer to cry in.
View Quote
My entire team went on a bye week 5 and never came back.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 9:55:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

3rd $100
2nd $250
1st $650

random draft order comes 1 hour before draft.

trying to get the rules to save, its being a bitch right now
View Quote
Commish keeps the remaining $200 for his trouble?

3rd $100 - get your money back
2nd $200 - double your money
1st $900 - the balance

or

Division champs* $50 each
3rd $100 - get your money back
2nd $200 - double your money
1st $800 - the balance

* I am not a division champ
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 10:46:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 11:14:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
3rd   $150
2nd  $350
1st   $700

Mahomes Fantasy MVP 2018
Lamar Jackson Fantasy MVP 2019

next year i am going for a late round or undrafted QB
View Quote
Been fun playing. I’ll be in for next year. Good luck to play off teams!

Pro tip. If you’re out of the playoffs your season is over, you should not be making any moves.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 11:26:44 PM EDT
[#18]
This week Lamar goes up against the SF defense, not the best matchup in the world but I can't sit him.

Doug
Rented Mules
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 11:54:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This week Lamar goes up against the SF defense, not the best matchup in the world but I can't sit him.

Doug
Rented Mules
View Quote
Don’t sit studs. Lamar is mccaffery at the position. Talk is Lamar is legit 2nd round pick next year based on point difference.

Mccaffery is a league winner. As is Lamar. LOUISVILLE represent!
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 7:14:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Pro tip. If you’re out of the playoffs your season is over, you should not be making any moves.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 10:22:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you don’t make playoffs your season is over. Making moves interferes with people who aren’t done. I lock the non playoff teams in the leagues I run. I’m talking the week playoffs start.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 2:19:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 6:15:34 PM EDT
[#23]
That’s pants on head retarded.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 6:21:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
That’s pants on head retarded.
View Quote
It’s the norm for serious leagues. In my leagues, teams not in playoffs gets locked. Everybody prefers it that way. Keeps people who are done from interfering with those still playing.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 7:25:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It’s the norm for serious leagues. In my leagues, teams not in playoffs gets locked. Everybody prefers it that way. Keeps people who are done from interfering with those still playing.
View Quote
I’ve been playing for ten years and have never even heard that. Hell, in my main league which is 12 years old there are repercussions for being last place (loser of the consolation bracket).

You mean to tell me if someone was mathematically eliminated from contention 2-3 weeks ago they shouldn’t have made any moves? Lol
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 7:32:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I’ve been playing for ten years and have never even heard that. Hell, in my main league which is 12 years old there are repercussions for being last place (loser of the consolation bracket).

You mean to tell me if someone was mathematically eliminated from contention 2-3 weeks ago they shouldn’t have made any moves? Lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. Non playoff Teams get locked after conclusion of games last week of regular season, when the playoff matches are set.

I assure you it’s quite normal.  I listen to fantasy shows 2.5 hours a day, all day the same thing.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 7:32:40 PM EDT
[#27]
I've always sat on the sidelines when the playoffs start and I'm not in them, I don't know if its right or wrong it just seemed courteous to do so.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

No. Non playoff Teams get locked after conclusion of games last week of regular season, when the playoff matches are set.

I assure you it’s quite normal.  I listen to fantasy shows 2.5 hours a day, all day the same thing.
View Quote
All day every day they just talk about locking teams after the regular season and you keep tuning in?
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 7:56:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
All day every day they just talk about locking teams after the regular season and you keep tuning in?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pedantic jack ass.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 8:09:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Pedantic jack ass.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 10:05:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 10:12:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
its official, the playoffs are set at this point.   It doesn't make sense for somebody in the losers bracket, to go pick up the best free agents.

there is 6 guys bidding for $1200, those guys get to pick up players.

if you are in the losers bracket, you are out of the $$$$.  you can set your lineup, just don't drop or pickup players.

Its this way in all $ leagues.   Its bull if you were to drop somebody so that your buddy can pick them up and win the $.

so next week when two more teams lose and are out, they also can no longer make moves.

IF it was a keeper league, and its not, all teams can pickup after the championship round.
View Quote
I’ll respect the rules because you’re the commish but as a fiercely competitive person if I have a matchup I want to win it. Money or not. And if picking up players gives me a better opportunity to do so then I want to do it. Telling me I can’t pickup players because someone else might want to is just dumb. I’ve played in dozens of leagues and this is literally the first one I’ve ever been told I can’t pick up players. So, no, it’s not “this way in all money leagues”. Just gay ones.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 10:35:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 10:37:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

be competative all you want
View Quote
So I can pick up players then?

Ha!
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 10:42:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Bryan, a trick you can use with espn is limit total transactions to like 300. Then you can edit the transaction counter for non playoff teams to 300. Boom. Locked.
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 9:52:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Fudge. Julio is out. And I was serving Thanksgiving to a few hundred people and failed to sub him out.

Did catch a good bit of the Dallas game. Josh Allen is fun to watch.
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 9:59:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 11:15:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I’ll respect the rules because you’re the commish but as a fiercely competitive person if I have a matchup I want to win it. Money or not. And if picking up players gives me a better opportunity to do so then I want to do it. Telling me I can’t pickup players because someone else might want to is just dumb. I’ve played in dozens of leagues and this is literally the first one I’ve ever been told I can’t pick up players. So, no, it’s not “this way in all money leagues”. Just gay ones.
View Quote
We all are competitive people that is most likely why we are here, part of the journey in competition is also learning to lose. I know I struggle with losing at times and have to remind myself that I'm doing this for fun and to make new friends.

I lost the 3rd grade Geography Bee by not being able to identify the silhouette of the state of Idaho, I gave the answer Iowa which was wrong of course. The little know it all Samantha ended up winning the event, I threw a fit and to this day still have to live with the PTSD that came from that battle. In order to cope with it to this day I need to confront the loss head on with a T shirt that smacks me right in my loser of a face.
Attachment Attached File

Maybe if we were to get you a tee shirt that announces to all the world that your an ARF Fantasy Football Standard league loser it would help you cope.

I wish I could give you a hug, no homo, but just know that we are all here for you if you need to talk.

Doug,
Rented Mules
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#39]
The easy answer here is to eliminate the consolation bracket.

If we do this again next year, let's do an NFL.com league with 100% straight NFL.com default settings. That way, if you've got a beef with the system you can take it up with Roger Goodell personally.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If we do this again next year, let's do an NFL.com league with 100% straight NFL.com default settings. That way, if you've got a beef with the system you can take it up with Roger Goodell personally.
View Quote
Good Idea.

I miss Roger's wife when she was on Fox News

Jane Skinner
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 7:46:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Good Idea.

Jane Skinner
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/323474/Jane_Skinner_jpg-1178121.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good Idea.

Jane Skinner
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/323474/Jane_Skinner_jpg-1178121.JPG
No. It’s not a good idea. Hey!  This platform sucks, let’s try one that sucks more!  Everybodyoves goodell!
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 8:36:33 PM EDT
[#42]
NFL.com's desktop and mobile are fine. I've never had an issue. The auto play video sucks on desktop, but whatever. Platform, schmatform.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 8:54:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

No. It’s not a good idea. Hey!  This platform sucks, let’s try one that sucks more!  Everybodyoves goodell!
View Quote
Eliminating the consolation bracket is a good idea. Then you don’t have to go all democrat and back door ban player acquisitions for us serfs.

Consolation teams matter!
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 9:00:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

We all are competitive people that is most likely why we are here, part of the journey in competition is also learning to lose. I know I struggle with losing at times and have to remind myself that I'm doing this for fun and to make new friends.

I lost the 3rd grade Geography Bee by not being able to identify the silhouette of the state of Idaho, I gave the answer Iowa which was wrong of course. The little know it all Samantha ended up winning the event, I threw a fit and to this day still have to live with the PTSD that came from that battle. In order to cope with it to this day I need to confront the loss head on with a T shirt that smacks me right in my loser of a face.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/323474/idaho-native-elk-black-mens-premium-t-shirt_jpg-1177630.JPG

Maybe if we were to get you a tee shirt that announces to all the world that your an ARF Fantasy Football Standard league loser it would help you cope.

I wish I could give you a hug, no homo, but just know that we are all here for you if you need to talk.

Doug,
Rented Mules
View Quote
That’s crazy, I lost a third grade spelling bee by spelling potato with an “e” on the end. Potatoe. I even sounded it out. po-ta-toe.

I’m still pissed there’s not an e on the end. It’s my opinion whoever invented the spelling of potato is an idiot.

ARF “Standard” League is misleading, too. It’s not standard anymore.

I appreciate the T-shirt offer but you can save your money. I’ll take you up on that hug if we ever cross paths though.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 9:31:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Eliminating the consolation bracket is a good idea. Then you don’t have to go all democrat and back door ban player acquisitions for us serfs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I seriously can’t stop chuckling on consolation teams matter.

I love you man. No homo.
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 11:01:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Ok, this time I'm really out.
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 11:21:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I seriously can’t stop chuckling on consolation teams matter.

I love you man. No homo.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/2/2019 1:08:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Ok, this time I'm really out.
View Quote
Well Played Mr Tom
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 12:03:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

i have been in FF since 1997, I have never seen it where teams out of the playoffs can drop/add. In fact most software locks rosters for non playoff teams

be competative all you want, $1200 is on the line for the top 6.

You and me can wage war amongst the losers
View Quote
No way I want non-playoff teams having the ability to poach players off the waiver wire.
In the league I'm commissioner for, that's verboten.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 9:32:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

No way I want non-playoff teams having the ability to poach players off the waiver wire.
In the league I'm commissioner for, that's verboten.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top