Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 6:20:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Message sent,

Interested if there's room!
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 11:36:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Bryan need your info to send mail payment.   Email sent.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 9:11:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think winner should get a Willie Wonka type tour of the aim surplus warehouses.
View Quote
I would be Veruca Salt.

"I want that, and that, and that, and that, and I want it NOW, Bryan!"
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 9:12:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thursday AUgust 30th 9pm est for draft?   does that work for everybody?
View Quote
Past my bedtime, but OK.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 9:40:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Past my bedtime, but OK.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thursday AUgust 30th 9pm est for draft?   does that work for everybody?
Past my bedtime, but OK.
That will work for me.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 1:13:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Scoring question because I can’t find answer. Under DST scoring “return yards” is 25 yds per point.

Is this for the entire special teams return yards or an individual player on your roster?
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 3:11:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Any interest in upping the "penalties"? I'm in another league that is -6 for a player if they throw a pick-six and -6 for a player if a fumble is lost for a TD as well.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 4:20:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Any interest in upping the "penalties"? I'm in another league that is -6 for a player if they throw a pick-six and -6 for a player if a fumble is lost for a TD as well.
View Quote
Too me much luck involved imho. The QBs are going to be scoring like crazy as it is. This QBs are going to fly off the board early in the draft, they’re game winners who will putt up huge numbers.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 4:32:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Too me much luck involved imho. The QBs are going to be scoring like crazy as it is. This QBs are going to fly off the board early in the draft, they’re game winners who will putt up huge numbers.
View Quote
Its (minus) 6 for a pick-six. Like if a QB had 20 points and then he threw a pick-six he would then have 14 points. He loses six fantasy points since he gave the other team 6 points irl.

I agree QBs score like crazy. This curbs it a bit. I dont care if we do it or not, just bringing it up because its a big hit in my main league and can help keep the QBs in line with the other positions points wise. I noticed thrown TDs are 4 points which I like, too. And I also saw Bryan moved the annual moves up from 50 which is great. I was going to bring that up also.

I like that there are penalties for missed kicks, we do that as well.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 12:38:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Thrown TDs show to be 6 points right?

Why is there extra emphasis on qbs here.  2 points per 25 after 300 yards?   That would seem like a marginal advantage.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 7:24:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thrown TDs show to be 6 points right?

Why is there extra emphasis on qbs here.  2 points per 25 after 300 yards?   That would seem like a marginal advantage.
View Quote
Yes they are 6 points, I thought I saw them at 4 for some reason (probably confusing my other league. Even more reason to subtract 6 points if they throw a pick-six.

It’s 2 points per 25 yards thrown. And then the QB will get a 2 point bonus if they pass 300 yards passing.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 2:50:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I’m not trying to be argumentative, but the way I read it is 1 point per 25 yards, then after 300 yards it’s 2 points per 25.

Am I crazy and/or dumb?

Most guys that go over 300 usually don’t get to 400.  So typically that would translate to only 325 to 350 yards, so an extra 2 to 4 points.  But a 450 to 500 yard game and that bonus is pretty sweet.  I like it but I’m not sure it means qbs should fly off the board.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I’m not trying to be argumentative, but the way I read it is 1 point per 25 yards, then after 300 yards it’s 2 points per 25.

Am I crazy and/or dumb?

Most guys that go over 300 usually don’t get to 400.  So typically that would translate to only 325 to 350 yards, so an extra 2 to 4 points.  But a 450 to 500 yard game and that bonus is pretty sweet.  I like it but I’m not sure it means qbs should fly off the board.
View Quote
I can see how it could easily be interpreted that way. You even had me wondering if I was right or not so I went and referenced it against the rules for my main league.

Other league is on the left, this (AR15 League) is on the right. You can see the other league has additional yardage bonus for passing yards at 500 also.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#15]
So a qb throws for 350 in this league.  How many points does he get?
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 4:50:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So a qb throws for 350 in this league.  How many points does he get?
View Quote
It’s normal bonus scoring. A qb gets a 2 point bonus at 300 passing yds.
350 yds = 14. Add the 2 point bonus for 300 yds for a total of 16 Pts.

In the scoring stats of a game that’s howd you see it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 11:57:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks.   Tracking now.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 7:41:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Draft day wooohooooooooooo!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 9:27:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Draft day wooohooooooooooo!!!
View Quote
If you take one of my sleepers I’m going to punch you over the Internet.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 9:59:13 AM EDT
[#20]
ARod gets paid big time, he probably aint gonna be worth a shit after getting paid so I may just pick him up in the 8th round if I got room on my bench.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 2:25:20 PM EDT
[#22]
15 or so years ago I bought a bunch of Mosin 91/30s from Aim.  One of the bayonets had some pitting on it.   The seething anger and rage I’ve been holding inside all these years is finally going to erupt on Bryan via this fantasy league.  Revenge will be mine.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 3:30:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
today is the day....when you all become my bitches
View Quote
Whatevs.

Link Posted: 8/30/2018 4:39:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If you take one of my sleepers I’m going to punch you over the Internet.
View Quote
All your sleepers are belong to me.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 8:39:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
15 or so years ago I bought a bunch of Mosin 91/30s from Aim.  One of the bayonets had some pitting on it.   The seething anger and rage I’ve been holding inside all these years is finally going to erupt on Bryan via this fantasy league.  Revenge will be mine.
View Quote
You bought Mosins?

You don't worry me.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 12:09:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You bought Mosins?

You don't worry me.
View Quote
Time will tell tough guy.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 6:28:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You bought Mosins?

You don't worry me.
What's your team name, comrade?
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 7:05:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Let's get some participation in the 'Pick 'Em' game this year!

Projected scores for Week 1 are about as even as they be.  Let's see your prognosticating skills, boys.

I'll donate a 3-pack of AR magazines to the winner.  Maybe Bryan will donate a Mosin to the loser.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 9:46:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Made a mistake or two in the draft. I had to have Geronimo Allison in all my leagues so of course I drafted him last. Forgetting I had devante Adams as my wr1.

Oh well. You guys can make trade offers when he blows up.

I’m impressed y’all waited on qb and didn’t draft backup QBs, after I tried to convince everybody to take them early. Guess you didn’t bite on that.  Luck is the steal of the draft, he could be league winner.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 10:17:15 AM EDT
[#30]
I got the impression that everyone in this draft knew what they were doing. I'm looking forward to a good competitive season. A couple times my strategy got blown up even a few positions before I would have expected them to. Especially by Power Bottom and Stain Gang or whatever their names are.

I set my pick ems. It was fun looking through all the teams, it looks like it should be a very competitive season. Very evenly pitted at least for this first leg before the injuries start hitting.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 2:55:12 PM EDT
[#31]
It’s Power Load sir.  Maybe I reached for Stafford and my handcuff Ware.  Other than that I like my team.  This was the best draft I’ve been in as far as people knowing their shit.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 3:09:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Let's get some participation in the 'Pick 'Em' game this year!

Projected scores for Week 1 are about as even as they be.  Let's see your prognosticating skills, boys.

I'll donate a 3-pack of AR magazines to the winner.  Maybe Bryan will donate a Mosin to the loser.
View Quote
That would be swell.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 5:11:33 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote
Autodraft will give you an A. Did you autodraft perhaps?  Your team looks like autodraft.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 5:28:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Yahoo is so bad at that shit, Id be worried if I was you Bryan.

Ill let you guys in on an little anecdote I've been tracking over the last few years. So keep an eye out for it in your other leagues, too, because it doesnt happen often. But if Yahoo is predicting a team to win by exactly ten points in their weekly matchup before it starts, they lose every time. Its been uncanny. It can't be 9.8 or 10.1 etc, it has to be exactly ten points. Its been so consistent that if I see I am predicted to beat my opponent by exactly ten points I'll switch someone out. I call it the ten point rule.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#36]
My team looks like the GM was drinking lots of beer.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 5:49:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 9:42:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Made a mistake or two in the draft. I had to have Geronimo Allison in all my leagues so of course I drafted him last. Forgetting I had devante Adams as my wr1.

Oh well. You guys can make trade offers when he blows up.

I’m impressed y’all waited on qb and didn’t draft backup QBs, after I tried to convince everybody to take them early. Guess you didn’t bite on that.  Luck is the steal of the draft, he could be league winner.
View Quote
Geronimo will absolutely blow up if Adams gets hurts.  Allison has twice the upside of Cobb, who's past his prime.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 9:45:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I got the impression that everyone in this draft knew what they were doing. I'm looking forward to a good competitive season. A couple times my strategy got blown up even a few positions before I would have expected them to. Especially by Power Bottom and Stain Gang or whatever their names are.

I set my pick ems. It was fun looking through all the teams, it looks like it should be a very competitive season. Very evenly pitted at least for this first leg before the injuries start hitting.
View Quote
That's funny, because I kept seeing my next pick taken one or two picks before my turn.

As for 'Stain Gang'... check my record last season and see the 'stain' I left on the rest of this league.  Pure dumbass luck, but hey, I gotta crow when I get the chance!
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 9:47:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It’s Power Load sir.  Maybe I reached for Stafford and my handcuff Ware.  Other than that I like my team.  This was the best draft I’ve been in as far as people knowing their shit.
View Quote
Pay VERY close attention to the waiver wire.  There are some GM's here (our fearless leader among them) who have some sort of NSA software that alerts them before they need to snag a player.

I swear, I've run to the computer when I see a player go down for the year, only to see his obvious replacement already picked up on the wire.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 9:48:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Yahoo is so bad at that shit, Id be worried if I was you Bryan.

Ill let you guys in on an little anecdote I've been tracking over the last few years. So keep an eye out for it in your other leagues, too, because it doesnt happen often. But if Yahoo is predicting a team to win by exactly ten points in their weekly matchup before it starts, they lose every time. Its been uncanny. It can't be 9.8 or 10.1 etc, it has to be exactly ten points. Its been so consistent that if I see I am predicted to beat my opponent by exactly ten points I'll switch someone out. I call it the ten point rule.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 9:54:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

i won't lie, my first pick was, i had to pickup a kid and got home late.   just as i opened my laptop it selected barkley.

btw....accepting trades for barkley
View Quote
Same here.  I opened the draft page and saw that I'd autodrafted Antonio Brown.  He's not who I would have taken with the 5th pick overall (with Ingram out for 4 weeks, that would have been Kamara.)
But I can't complain, unless Brown gets hurts.

The first major injury - my #2 RB, McKinnon is gone.  Marshawn Lynch isn't making my man parts tingle as his replacement...
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 11:54:13 AM EDT
[#43]
RB's are going to be a pain in the ass this year, this "time share" crap makes it hard.
My sleeper Jake Kumerow was placed on IR
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 12:26:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
RB's are going to be a pain in the ass this year, this "time share" crap makes it hard.
My sleeper Jake Kumerow was placed on IR
View Quote
I took bell at #2 with some trepidation. Fucker holding out, still isn’t practicing and rumors he won’t play week 1. I viewed him as high risk, high reward.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 2:52:39 PM EDT
[#45]
About to head out to my main leagues draft. They are just as competitive and well informed as you guys, except I have to look them in the face.

Wish me luck!
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 3:32:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
About to head out to my main leagues draft. They are just as competitive and well informed as you guys, except I have to look them in the face.

Wish me luck!
View Quote
I’m a colts fan. Jack fucking Doyle is a great pick late. I would never draft 2 te, but I did just to stash him. Luck has nobody to throw to.

Oh, and I hope you get pick 7.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 4:28:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Same here.  I opened the draft page and saw that I'd autodrafted Antonio Brown.  He's not who I would have taken with the 5th pick overall (with Ingram out for 4 weeks, that would have been Kamara.)
But I can't complain, unless Brown gets hurts.

The first major injury - my #2 RB, McKinnon is gone.  Marshawn Lynch isn't making my man parts tingle as his replacement...
View Quote
Look of Eli added Alfie Morris 11 seconds after he tore up his knee.   Eli did Jerrick text you himself?
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Look of Eli added Alfie Morris 11 seconds after he tore up his knee.   Eli did Jerrick text you himself?
View Quote
I was wondering when someone was going to notice the time stamp on that.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
He picked up Morris on Friday...Mckinnon went down on Saturday.  So I guess he can see into the future.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 9:19:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

He picked up Morris on Friday...Mckinnon went down on Saturday.  So I guess he can see into the future.
View Quote
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top