Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:14:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey guys.  Glad to be part of the league.  Are we full yet?
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:32:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey guys.  Glad to be part of the league.  Are we full yet?
View Quote

Maverick just confirmed a buddy is in. We have 10 and that;s enough for a good league. 12 would be perfect if you know anyone else.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:49:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:38:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Mavericks Boyfriend Paid
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:03:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Mavericks Boyfriend Paid
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:27:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Invite sent. Just waiting on Muld3r to accept and set up his team and the new guy. Then we will be at 10 with 2 more spots that can be filled but are optional.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:26:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Ok so I'd be lying if I said I was not worried about new owner Muld3r. He wanted to join both leagues, paid in full, but has yet to actually join the leagues. On top of that he has not posted in either thread now for a few days.

Muld3r if you are out there please check in and give us an update.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ok so I'd be lying if I said I was not worried about new owner Muld3r. He wanted to join both leagues, paid in full, but has yet to actually join the leagues. On top of that he has not posted in either thread now for a few days.

View Quote

If he doesn't follow through, I'd still be interested in joining the redraft league.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 7:06:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

he sent me a email about re-emailing a invite to his new email, i said to write you
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

he sent me a email about re-emailing a invite to his new email, i said to write you

Roger that. He posted in the other thread. We've been down this road before.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:49:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:16:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Last years draft price plus $5.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:25:27 AM EDT
[#13]
TEST

I renewed my membership but not applied for some reason. Off to tech support  
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:37:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Guys -DON'T forget to select your keepers before the deadline.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:42:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

What is the over/ under on how many guys dont go to yahoo and select keepers before the deadline?  2?

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:17:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:26:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What is the over/ under on how many guys dont go to yahoo and select keepers before the deadline?  2?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have 10 teams, with 2 or 3 newbs. I'll say over 4 forget to do it. And I swear I am not doing it afterwards. If you cannot bother to check in here and update yourself/ask questions if you are not sure, then that does not mean I get to do extra work on account of your laziness!!!  (Not directed to you Ghostfly)
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Muld3r, Bruins buddy and Broward Mason

Please choose your keepers before the deadline posted on the first page of this thread in the first post. If you do not understand what this means then please ask.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:04:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

We have 10 teams, with 2 or 3 newbs. I'll say over 4 forget to do it. And I swear I am not doing it afterwards. If you cannot bother to check in here and update yourself/ask questions if you are not sure, then that does not mean I get to do extra work on account of your laziness!!!  (Not directed to you Ghostfly)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

. Just trying to help the new guys.

Please select your keepers. And good luck this year.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:29:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Keepers set. Keeping Robinson for $18 and Johnson for $5. You guys can fight over Cam... I don't have much interest even though he'd be a steal at $11.

My buddy will make his soon. I've been on him about it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 5:50:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Please choose your keepers before the deadline posted on the first page of this thread in the first post. If you do not understand what this means then please ask.
View Quote

Keeping ODB, still deciding on #2.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 9:58:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You did it through the Yahoo page though right? Simply stating it in here does not count.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 8:21:42 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm locked in - I got Tom Brady and Lane Johnson.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 1:33:32 PM EDT
[#24]
REMINDER!!!!!

Keeper selection ends at 11:59 tonight. If you do not go into your team page at Yahoo and select "choose keepers" you will not have any keepers for this year.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 9:13:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not a newb! I am future league champ.

My keepers were set two weeks ago, along with my team name and avatar. You guys are going down.

Ooooooooooorrrrooooooooooo!
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 5:15:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Is there a way to look up who people are keeping and for how much?

Link Posted: 9/3/2016 2:07:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have algorithms to write.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 4:41:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

My keepers were set two weeks ago, along with my team name and avatar. You guys are going down.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're going to fit in just perfectly here  

Link Posted: 9/3/2016 4:41:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

UPDATE:

Actually I had some time now so I went ahead and assigned the keepers and adjusted their value to count for the 5.00 surcharge we add. You should now see your keepers and everyone else's and the amount they will cost you.

Congratulations on everyone getting ti done before the deadline.

Oh and DESPITE the fact that I wrote it in several areas, we had one MORON keep 3 players.

I just removed the last keeper he selected, if that is not who you would have dropped back into the pool too bad. You're lucky I did not throw Antonio Brown back into free agency.

Link Posted: 9/3/2016 7:43:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 1:14:56 PM EDT
[#31]
No. I believe you get his last year drafted price.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 1:53:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
No. I believe you get his last year drafted price.
View Quote

Plus 5.

Does nobody read the instructions?

Link Posted: 9/4/2016 1:59:02 PM EDT
[#33]
I can't wait for the draft!

I nominate Megatron for first bid. For some reason, I wasn't able to set him as a keeper. Oh well. I'm happy with my $6 Devonta Freeman.

Oooooorrrooooo!

ETA: Do you guys think Marshawn Lynch is going to lose touches to Rawls year?
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 4:43:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

i picked up CJ anderson off the waiver wire, shouldn't he be $5
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

UPDATE:

Actually I had some time now so I went ahead and assigned the keepers and adjusted their value to count for the 5.00 surcharge we add. You should now see your keepers and everyone else's and the amount they will cost you.

Congratulations on everyone getting ti done before the deadline.

Oh and DESPITE the fact that I wrote it in several areas, we had one MORON keep 3 players.

I just removed the last keeper he selected, if that is not who you would have dropped back into the pool too bad. You're lucky I did not throw Antonio Brown back into free agency.

i picked up CJ anderson off the waiver wire, shouldn't he be $5

Negative. We had this issue with Julio Jones and Larnmaster. Remember that debacle? He is my nephew and it seriously damaged our relationship -his choice not mine. That's the reason he is no longer in the league. If he was drafted that year then that is his "keeper value" + 5.00 -it does not matter how you got him, either in a trade or the waiver wire.

I knew this was going to come up with someone but I am surprised it was from a LONG TIME owner!!!!  

Link Posted: 9/4/2016 10:13:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Hmm.. while I understand the rule... I disagree with it. I know that doesn't mean anything but that's just my opinion.

If a player is picked up off the waiver wire they should be treated like any other player picked up off the waiver wire aside from being dropped to waivers and picked up by the same team (and collusion, i.e. dropped to waivers for another owner to pick up for favors/trades etc.).

Again, just my opinion. League rules are league rules.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 10:35:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Oh, and 'Sons Of Washington' shows 3 keepers.

Link Posted: 9/5/2016 11:28:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Hmm.. while I understand the rule... I disagree with it. I know that doesn't mean anything but that's just my opinion.

If a player is picked up off the waiver wire they should be treated like any other player picked up off the waiver wire aside from being dropped to waivers and picked up by the same team (and collusion, i.e. dropped to waivers for another owner to pick up for favors/trades etc.).

View Quote

For conversations sake:

That just complicates things.  It means there has to be someone tracking all the drop and adds. Much easier to do it the way we do.  If a player is drafted, keeper price is draft price plus 5.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 8:16:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

For conversations sake:

That just complicates things.  It means there has to be someone tracking all the drop and adds. Much easier to do it the way we do.  If a player is drafted, keeper price is draft price plus 5.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For conversations sake:

Ok, I mean I guess that's one argument. However, if my strategy is to pick up a player off the WW to keep I'm going to know that going into next year and can easily bring that up to be corrected. It's not terribly hard to look back to see if a player was dropped. Especially if someone other than the original owner has possession of that player. It's even easier to look back at trades to rule out that possibility. Again, just my opinion, I don't make the rules.

I completely understand that it's easier to do it the current way, that's a given. From an owner standpoint, and from a strategically standpoint, I like the other way better.

Link Posted: 9/6/2016 7:19:50 AM EDT
[#39]
It seems every other year we need to re-post these rules:

from the 2012 thread that Sandy bumped
View Quote

Quoted: replied to by Wobblin
A. What happens if a keeper player gets injured and is dropped and becomes a free agent. What is his value the following year?

A. Easy: Who ever owns a player at season's end is the sole owner who can choose to keep him prior to the start of the next season. The player's keeper value is whatever was paid for him at the start of the previous season.

Example: Chris Johnson is owned by Team #4 for the 2010 season and the owner of Team #4 paid $40 for him. At the deadline to chose keepers before the 2011 season, Team #4 decided to protect CJ at his keeper value of $45 ($40 + $5). Two games into the 2011 season, CJ goes down for the year with a hangnail and Team #4 cuts its losses and releases CJ. Seeing this, Team #10 decides to pick up CJ off the FA/Waiver list and it holds CJ on its roster until the end of the 2011 season. At the deadline before the 2012 season, Team #10 has a decision to make: protect CJ at a cost of $50 ($45 + $5) or not.

In other words, a player's keeper value is whatever was originally paid for the player at the start of the previous season...plus $5. It doesn't matter who the original owner was. We went over this before, BTW.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 7:33:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Draft day.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 6:31:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

A. What happens if a keeper player gets injured and is dropped and becomes a free agent. What is his value the following year?

A. Easy: Who ever owns a player at season's end is the sole owner who can choose to keep him prior to the start of the next season. The player's keeper value is whatever was paid for him at the start of the previous season.

Example: Chris Johnson is owned by Team #4 for the 2010 season and the owner of Team #4 paid $40 for him. At the deadline to chose keepers before the 2011 season, Team #4 decided to protect CJ at his keeper value of $45 ($40 + $5). Two games into the 2011 season, CJ goes down for the year with a hangnail and Team #4 cuts its losses and releases CJ. Seeing this, Team #10 decides to pick up CJ off the FA/Waiver list and it holds CJ on its roster until the end of the 2011 season. At the deadline before the 2012 season, Team #10 has a decision to make: protect CJ at a cost of $50 ($45 + $5) or not.

In other words, a player's keeper value is whatever was originally paid for the player at the start of the previous season...plus $5. It doesn't matter who the original owner was. We went over this before, BTW.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I don't know if that was for my benefit or not, but I know the rules. All I was saying is that I disagree with them. This is a common disagreement within a keeper league. I know - I run one too. Whether it's arguing which draft position or keeper cost, etc... It is what it is. Each league has its own rules and reasons for the rules.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Good luck with the draft y'all.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 9:49:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Wow.  Really like my draft.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 10:02:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Wow.  Really like my draft.
View Quote

They're ALL good on paper.

I regret picking up Tate and not pulling the trigger on Brandon Marshall. I dont regret paying for Julio Jones. I would have gone as high as 70 for him. But I'm happy with my starting lineup overall. Especially starting week 4 when Bell comes back.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 10:20:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Hey Maverick,

Care to wager a PMag on our matchup this week?

Are side bets kosher in this league? In my league we have all sorts of friendly side bets going on (non monetary of course) and just track and settle up at the end of the season.

It makes each week that much more interesting and creates some fun rivalries.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 10:24:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 10:32:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
i need a WR, or 3

lets make a trade
View Quote

Sure. You can have Julio Jones  and Golden Tate for a CJ Anderson and a Mosin Sniper.

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:02:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Hey Maverick,

Care to wager a PMag on our matchup this week?

Are side bets kosher in this league? In my league we have all sorts of friendly side bets going on (non monetary of course) and just track and settle up at the end of the season.

It makes each week that much more interesting and creates some fun rivalries.
View Quote

Absolutely. Adds to the fun factor.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:03:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I don't know if that was for my benefit or not, but I know the rules. All I was saying is that I disagree with them. This is a common disagreement within a keeper league. I know - I run one too. Whether it's arguing which draft position or keeper cost, etc... It is what it is. Each league has its own rules and reasons for the rules.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stop crying,  I wasn't singling you out. It was for everyone's benefit including the newbs which we have 4 or 5.

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:21:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top