Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2015 12:41:19 AM EDT
Who here collects sports memorabilia?

I have recently begun.. or am trying too, get into autographed memorabilia from my favorite players and teams.

A few years ago, a close friend got me a Cal Ripken Jr. signed baseball to go along with my 2131 commemorative card. Since than, I have had an interest. I just recently got an autographed Fulton Walker, which is huge for me for multiple reasons.. he is from my hometown, played for my favorite college team (WVU) and played for my favorite NFL team (Miami) where he set multiple records. So, I am pretty stoked to get this and display it.

I am also looking into a rare autographed Jerry West WVU jersey, as well as an "Eat Sh** Pitt" signed Major Harris mini helmet .

So, who all here collects memorabilia and anyone care to share pics of how you have them displayed?
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 12:57:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

Signed by a starting goalie from every North Stars team to take the ice in Minnesota.

Link Posted: 12/25/2016 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#2]
only thing of any value is an autographed John Elway football, through a dealer years ago (it is certified as far as that goes)
mostly just trinkets, newspapers, magazines, some sports cards. Nothing that will go up in value over the years.  

Also, an autographed Mickey Mantle baseball. It's a little league baseball, found in an abandoned storage unit.  Whoever owned it put scotch tape over the autograph to protect it. I removed the tape and half the ink came off with it (autograph is complete on tape and ball, just faded on ball)  Now the ball and the tape are stored in a display cube on a closet shelf.

My most valuable collection (to me) is all the event tickets - sports and concerts - that I've attended.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 1:25:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Have some pictures, but I have Tom Brady, Teddy Bruschi, Rob Gronkowski, Jeff Gordon die-cast, John Haslicek basketball, Tony Oliva picture, Johnny Unitas painting, Jim Rice baseball & Jarod Saltalamacchia baseball.  Forgive the crappy pics, but here they are.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:09:26 PM EDT
[#4]
If you find a Darius Kasparitis Jersey in your searches, the black alternate jersey, shoot me a PM.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 12:15:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I just got a Saquon Barkley signed PSU helmet, real helmet, not mini. Save the PSU hate please, he's an unbelievable player with a serious chance to win the Heisman this year, before being an early first round pick next year. One of the most exciting players to watch play and watching him develop has been amazing.

Also have a ball signed by LaVar Arrington, Paul Posluszny, Sean Lee, Michael Mauti, Greg Buttle, Andre Collins, Shane Conlan, and Jack Ham (who also wrote "Linebacker U" on the ball).

I need cases with quality, legit UV glass, but am having a hard time finding a true quality case that has actual UV glass. Do any of you have any tips on good cases?
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 7:12:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just got a Saquon Barkley signed PSU helmet, real helmet, not mini. Save the PSU hate please, he's an unbelievable player with a serious chance to win the Heisman this year, before being an early first round pick next year. One of the most exciting players to watch play and watching him develop has been amazing.

Also have a ball signed by LaVar Arrington, Paul Posluszny, Sean Lee, Michael Mauti, Greg Buttle, Andre Collins, Shane Conlan, and Jack Ham (who also wrote "Linebacker U" on the ball).

I need cases with quality, legit UV glass, but am having a hard time finding a true quality case that has actual UV glass. Do any of you have any tips on good cases?
View Quote
Have you looked at this place?

https://www.sportsdisplaycases.com/museum-quality-ultra-violet-protection
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:07:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's a memorabilia auction with some very nice items

break out your wallets

Lelands Auction
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top