Page / 2
Posted: 8/3/2015 9:55:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:03:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:28:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not that they'll amount to much again this season - I'm sure it will be another disappointing year. Par for the course when it comes to my favorite teams.

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/SchalkeCrest.png
View Quote

yeah good luck with that

Bayern will win the Meisterschaft again

Herbstmeisterschaft is a given

I do regret that they let Schweini go - will see if Muller will leave as well.

I do like to add that I am not a fan of Guardiola and hope they will not renew his contract after the season is over.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:20:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Ronaldo headed to PSG?

Di Maria to PSG?

United raiding Bayern?

I love this time of year
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:45:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I saw DiMaria to PSG is a done deal. He's overrated IMO, but PSG has deep pockets.
View Quote

If you can't beat 'em, buy 'em!
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 8:16:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I do enjoy the Bundesliga.  Lots of fun to watch, and you can't not enjoy watching Bayern Munich play....same goes for Real Madrid.  Too much talent on the field to not enjoy watching them play.  

That being said, my arbitrarily picked German team is Mainz 05.  It's the closest team currently in the Bundesliga to the area my family immigrated to the US from (Palatinate region), so I figure when I make it over there I'll want to visit that region anyway, so I might as well support a team closest to where I want to spend time anyway.  

Link Posted: 8/8/2015 5:58:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I do enjoy the Bundesliga.  Lots of fun to watch, and you can't not enjoy watching Bayern Munich play....same goes for Real Madrid.  Too much talent on the field to not enjoy watching them play.  

That being said, my arbitrarily picked German team is Mainz 05.  It's the closest team currently in the Bundesliga to the area my family immigrated to the US from (Palatinate region), so I figure when I make it over there I'll want to visit that region anyway, so I might as well support a team closest to where I want to spend time anyway.  

View Quote

Mainz is a fun City to visit especially during Carnival.

Also Mainz nickname is Der Karnevalsverein

Link Posted: 8/8/2015 6:23:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 8:29:59 PM EDT
[#10]
@ Zhukov

did you hear what happened to Hertha ?

the Bus was driving to pick up the team and the Bus driver was cut of by a guy on a Motorcycle. While they enter a roundabout the guy on the Bike shoots at the Bus Driver. He was lucky the round did not go through the windshield he would have been killed.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33843510
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:50:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
@ Zhukov

the Bus was driving to pick up the team and the Bus driver was cut of by a guy on a Motorcycle. While they enter a roundabout the guy on the Bike shoots at the Bus Driver. He was lucky the round did not go through the windshield he would have been killed.

View Quote

This is totally off topic, but is that bulletproof glass?

One lucky driver. Glad no one was hurt.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 11:23:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 12:27:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@ Zhukov

I do not think so.
Also they stated in the Newspaper this morning that the shot perhaps came out of an Airsoft Gun (Luftdruckwaffe) . My guess would have been a 22.
But as Zhukov said those Windshields are pretty strong.
I am not sure if they would have use a different weapon if the out come would have been different.

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 5:06:18 PM EDT
[#15]
more trouble in the German Bundesliga

DFB-Pokalspiel VfL Osnabrück gegen RB Leipzig had to be stopped after 71 minutes. The Referee was hit in the head with a lighter and had to be transported to the Hospital.

@Zhukov I am not sure if you are following the issues with RB Leipzig at all. They had the most hated club in Germany and where ever they go there is trouble.

Link Posted: 8/14/2015 4:26:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Bayern is of to a great start with a 5:0 against Hamburg

so nice to see Hamburg getting a beating

they should have ended up in the 2nd Bundesliga but where just so very lucky.

also this is a new Records for Bayern - 1st time since 2002 that a Team has won the opener with such a large score. Also 2002 was the year this so called opener was started in the Bundesliga

Link Posted: 8/14/2015 6:23:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 8:03:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Athletico Bilboa beats Barcelona 4-0! in Spanish Super Cup. Barca will have to win 5-0 at the Camp Nou to win the Cup. There is an away goal rule so it will be that much more difficult to win the aggregate.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 8:16:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 6:35:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Now to see what kind of stupid game Schalke will play tomorrow. Might as well start the season off on the wrong foot to quash my budding hopes.

But hey - my Cubs are winning!
View Quote

Schalke had a great Game they won 3:0  

Link Posted: 8/15/2015 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Good start for Tuchel and Dortmund. 4-0 over Gladbach. Jurgen who?
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 8:28:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Good start for Tuchel and Dortmund. 4-0 over Gladbach. Jurgen who?
View Quote

pure luck

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 5:20:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 9:37:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
How about Barca losing 4-0 to Bilbao?

Barca is up 1-0 in the return leg, but Pique just got red-carded in the 56th minute.
View Quote

Ended 1-1 with Aduriz getting yet another goal to tie it.

As for Pique, Spanish refs have rabbit ears.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 3:38:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Borussia Dortmund down 3-0 to odd Greenland in the Europa league 22 min into the game...
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Borussia Dortmund down 3-0 to odd Greenland in the Europa league 22 min into the game...
View Quote

Damn!  They did well over the weekend.  Was hoping for sustained improvement from them this year.  I enjoyed watching them spank Real Madrid when they were still Champions League Contenders...
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 6:55:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Odds Ballklubb aka Odd Grenland is a Norwegian side that plays in Skien. Dortmund came back to win  3-4.  4 away goals should wrap it up in the return match in Germany.

Nonetheless, this is why being in the Europa League can be such a shit sandwich.  If Odd Ballklubb advanced, imagine playing on a Thursday in a tiny 12.5K capacity ground in the winter in Norway between your weekend league matches.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Odds Ballklubb aka Odd Grenland is a Norwegian side that plays in Skien. Dortmund came back to win  3-4.  4 away goals should wrap it up in the return match in Germany.

Nonetheless, this is why being in the Europa League can be such a shit sandwich.  If Odd Ballklubb advanced, imagine playing on a Thursday in a tiny 12.5K capacity ground in the winter in Norway between your weekend league matches.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that would suck for sure

I am glad they made this come back. I am sure they will win the other game
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

that would suck for sure

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that would suck for sure

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Europa league finalists promote to the CL correct?
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 8:55:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Europa league finalists promote to the CL correct?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that would suck for sure

no in order to play in the CL you have to be 1st, 2nd or 3rd in your Countries League and 4th with Play Off

The Bundesliga for Example has the following teams in CL 15/16

CL:
Bayern München - Finished 1st
Borussia Mönchengladbach - Finishes 3rd
Wolfsburg - Finished 2nd
Leverkusen - Finished 4th and had to enter the Play Off Rounds

EL:
FC Augsburg - Finished 5th
Schalke - Finished 6th
Borussia Dortmund - Finished 7th and had to enter Qualifying Round

Even if let's say Augsburg would Win the EL they would not automatically be in the CL. They would have to win (or as mentioned above) the Bundesliga.

Based on the current results of the Bundesliga Hertha - Bayern - Dortmund - Schalke would play in the CL. However since this just started this will change frequently. The same for the EL spot.

here is the current Bundesliga Table

BUNDESLIGA

follow this and you will see how it will change from Game Day to Game Day.

so as a short answer no they do not advance into CL

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 9:26:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that would suck for sure

No just the winner - in this case Sevilla - if they don't qualify through their regular league finish.This is the first year this is being done.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 2:14:42 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm watching the Hamburg v Stuttgart game since I went fishing instead of watching Premier League

Pretty fun so far. It looked like Stuttgart had it wrapped up even with only 10 men.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 3:03:11 PM EDT
[#34]
I am going to watch the Bayern - Hoffenheim Game

it starts in a few minutes.

It will be fun

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 4:54:58 PM EDT
[#35]
what a Game that was

8 sec 1st Goal by Hoffenheim

than Bayern play's with 10 for the last 20 minutes and once again Lewandowski scores the winning Goal

very nice

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:08:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
what a Game that was

8 sec 1st Goal by Hoffenheim

than Bayern play's with 10 for the last 20 minutes and once again Lewandowski scores the winning Goal

very nice

View Quote

I caught the last 20 minutes of that game.  Was a crazy finish.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:48:35 PM EDT
[#37]
did anybody watch the Dortmund Game

I missed it but it must have been awesome to watch them score these 7 Goals.

I wonder what they will do to Hertha on Sunday

Link Posted: 9/7/2015 11:03:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 5:40:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 11:11:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 11:15:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 1:49:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Great. More Bayern bandwagon fans.

View All Quotes

Pfffft. I'm born in Bavaria, lived there a good portion of my life and my entire family is still there and all Bayern fans. It's the home team, even though Opa was always a Nurnberg fan. I still remember my first game I was taken to at the original Olympiastadion and its crazy art deco 'rim roof' only to realize you can't see shit because of how far away you were from the field. I keep telling my family that I am only coming during soccer season and Bayern has to have a home game so that I can finally go to the new stadium.

The funny thing is, every weekend Oma and I talk on the phone. We talk for 5-10 mins about whats new, what did you do this week, the weather..whatever. 45 mins about Bayern and what soccer in general - With an 86 year old women that screams at the TV while they play and absolutely hates their current coach.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 2:27:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 4:20:13 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

My first trip there was in the 1991-92 season. They played Leverkusen to a 2-2 tie at home and Effenberg shot a penalty that someone else was lining up to shoot because he was so mad at his team mates the entire game; even Opa was like oh shit! when it happened. Was able to look up what year it was based on the 2-2 tie and Effenberg only played 2 seasons at Bayern - can't believe it was so long ago! I was very proud of my Bayern 'Opel' jersey all day until I realized some time later that it was actually just a red tshirt with all the stuff ironed on lol

Went a few times after, had I been older I would have gone fairly frequently. I do remember waking up at like 4am with Opa when I was 16 or so to go get on a bus for a Munich game vs Frankfurt where they were losing the entire game and then scored 3 goals in like 10 minutes. We're right near Ulm/Neu Ulm so the annual SSV Ulm vs Bayern friendly was a 20 minute drive to see most of the first team play every year.

Your son picked a great shirt! I'll be the first to say that I never thought anyone in the next few generations would have been able to become a fan favorite as much as Raimond Aumann was when he was there, but the sound and awe that you realized when Kahn came out after a few years there was unbelievable.

And talked with Oma earlier today; she still hates Guardiola.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 4:34:49 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

what a Keeper he was. I still enjoy watching some of the Games he played.

Kahn is for sure my favorite - another Keeper I like/ed is Jean Marie pfaff. Growing up I wanted to be Jean Marie.

Link Posted: 9/8/2015 4:35:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

My first trip there was in the 1991-92 season. They played Leverkusen to a 2-2 tie at home and Effenberg shot a penalty that someone else was lining up to shoot because he was so mad at his team mates the entire game; even Opa was like oh shit! when it happened. Was able to look up what year it was based on the 2-2 tie and Effenberg only played 2 seasons at Bayern - can't believe it was so long ago! I was very proud of my Bayern 'Opel' jersey all day until I realized some time later that it was actually just a red tshirt with all the stuff ironed on lol

Went a few times after, had I been older I would have gone fairly frequently. I do remember waking up at like 4am with Opa when I was 16 or so to go get on a bus for a Munich game vs Frankfurt where they were losing the entire game and then scored 3 goals in like 10 minutes. We're right near Ulm/Neu Ulm so the annual SSV Ulm vs Bayern friendly was a 20 minute drive to see most of the first team play every year.

Your son picked a great shirt! I'll be the first to say that I never thought anyone in the next few generations would have been able to become a fan favorite as much as Raimond Aumann was when he was there, but the sound and awe that you realized when Kahn came out after a few years there was unbelievable.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I am in the same boat and can not stand Pepe. I hope he will leave Bayern soon.

Link Posted: 9/8/2015 4:54:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same. His tactics are a 1 trick pony; if someone can break his possession game philosophy and not let his team get into a rhythm as well as play for counters, he's all out of ideas as to what to do.

I've seen a few rumors over the last few months that he already has, or is going to sign with Manchester City after this season. I hope he does for multiple reasons and I also think Klopp would be very interesting as Bayern's manager.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 7:44:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Same. His tactics are a 1 trick pony; if someone can break his possession game philosophy and not let his team get into a rhythm as well as play for counters, he's all out of ideas as to what to do.

I've seen a few rumors over the last few months that he already has, or is going to sign with Manchester City after this season. I hope he does for multiple reasons and I also think Klopp would be very interesting as Bayern's manager.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Klopp would be interesting.

Link Posted: 9/10/2015 10:47:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He wasn't fired, he left even though he had a contract going through 2018. I'm not sure how that all works with quitting but I bet there is a clause that says you have to wait X amount of time before coaching for someone else or something like that.

That seems to be what the random year off 'sabbatical' is. Put this together with constant rumors of Guardiola (who is NOT well liked by Bayern fans for multiple reasons) having signed or having some sort of commitment to sign for Manchester City next year and it all seems like Klopp goes to Bayern.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top