Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2015 10:40:45 PM EDT
Who is ready for the MLB season to start?  I know I am.  Go Rangers!
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:19:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Yessir.. Go Cardinals!
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 8:06:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn Braves just traded the best closer in MLB...  Guess I'll stay drunk most of the year. Other than Freeman/Simmons/Teheran, this is a complete overhaul.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 9:57:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Well the Rockies are 1-0 so this is the highlight of the season.
The June implosion is right around the corner.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:02:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well the Rockies are 1-0 so this is the highlight of the season.
The June implosion is right around the corner.
View Quote

Rockies are killing it. I hope it lasts. But watching Nolan do his GG thing at 3rd base against SF last night was amazing.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:05:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Damn Braves just traded the best closer in MLB...  Guess I'll stay drunk most of the year. Other than Freeman/Simmons/Teheran, this is a complete overhaul.
View Quote

And it doesn't help that ole Erwin "Fuck It Let's Pitch" Santana got shit canned for what, eighty days?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 6:39:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Mets

10-3

I'm afraid of them waking up.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:19:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Lovin it so far, but hopefully Herrera's message to the league yesterday will be heeded.  Quit trying to hurt Royals players or we'll drill you at 100 mph.  

Go Royals!
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:56:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Now that the Blues have chocked away another playoff, bring on baseball.   Go Cards.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:39:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Astros are surprising me. Yankees offense is surprising, as well as their bull pen, not to mention their starting pitching is way better then I would have thought.

The D-backs are as bad as I expected. Their pitching is awful, just awful.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 5:11:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Go Rays!
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I didn't expect the Diamondbacks' starting pitching rotation to be this bad.. But it's good to see Chase Anderson throwing more two-seamers and finally increasing that horrendous GB% from last season. It's not much by league average, but there's definitely some tangible improvement. And losing Bradley doesn't help either. That dude was looking real good this season, sharper changeup and fastball command looked squared away for sure. De La Rosa's changeup is still whiffing NL hitters but ole boy is giving up a lot hits. He's not getting as many Ks with that electric fastball though. Something's wrong if his FIP projections are that high (4.12). Hellickson is down right trash this season; poor guy is on his way to giving up more hits in less games started than his last season at Tampa. He's getting hammered.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 10:53:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I didn't expect the Diamondbacks' starting pitching rotation to be this bad.. But it's good to see Chase Anderson throwing more two-seamers and finally increasing that horrendous GB% from last season. It's not much by league average, but there's definitely some tangible improvement. And losing Bradley doesn't help either. That dude was looking real good this season, sharper changeup and fastball command looked squared away for sure. De La Rosa's changeup is still whiffing NL hitters but ole boy is giving up a lot hits. He's not getting as many Ks with that electric fastball though. Something's wrong if his FIP projections are that high (4.12). Hellickson is down right trash this season; poor guy is on his way to giving up more hits in less games started than his last season at Tampa. He's getting hammered.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, another d-backs fan, nice.

Yeah, our pitching has been downright awful. I went to a game a few weeks ago and Collmentor was throwing trash. He's given up 52 hits (in 41 innings) already this season, and opposing batters are hitting .317 against him. Hellickson has lost it, 49 hits in 38 innings, opposing batters hitting .310 against him. With those two in the rotation, we have no shot a winning record, much less a wildcard.

They're saying Bradly is close to returning, I hope so, we need aanother stable pitcher. De La Rosa is good, but he can't pitch every game, we need a good 1-2 if we have any shot at .500 record.

I wish they'd spent some money and put a team around Goldie, I really feel he is an MVP quality player, but he needs help. Trumbo was a good addition, a stable player. And what's up with Tomas not hitting any homers yet? Still adjusting to the pitching maybe?

Edit: oh, and why Jake Lamb hasn't seen more playing time is beyond me. He's young, he's good, has OBP of 1.204. (Oh yeah, he has a hurt foot, I forgot about that)

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:34:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Go Red Sox!
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Go Red Sox!
View Quote

Hell yeah!!  Great first post sir!

GO SOX!
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 5:47:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm a Kansas City transplant living in NC.

Looking forward to the Royals' season.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 6:22:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Yessir.. Go Cardinals!
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/12/2016 1:12:28 AM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 4/2/2016 9:25:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 9:59:07 PM EDT
[#19]
...aaaaaand the Mariners are in last place in the AL West.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 6:12:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
...aaaaaand the Mariners are in last place in the AL West.
View Quote

The Angels will soon take their place.

I know the feels bro
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 1:56:03 PM EDT
[#21]
I can't believe the Mariners are actually decent this year. I'm still worried that they will find some way to drift to last place.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 1:31:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I can't believe the Mariners are actually decent this year. I'm still worried that they will find some way to drift to last place.
View Quote

If anybody was listening tonight, they just completed one of the biggest comeback wins in the history of baseball.

They were down 12-2 after the 5th.  By the 7th they were up 14-12.  Final score was 16-13.

Lookout Landing is going fucking wild.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top