Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2010 1:26:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Ummm no.  Great game for sure, and it will mean more as far as standings than most if not all other games this year as well as last but as far as most bitter rivalry...OSU/Michigan is much bigger than that will ever be.  The article said OSU/Michigan was last decade's rivalry....sure, whatever.  It has been a huge rivalry for a hell of a lot longer than a decade.

Everyone mocks Florida's gator chomp.  Not enough get to though...

I know I'll be watching that game, but it's not THE game.

I seriously look forward to O-H-I-O and a sea of scarlet dominating Ann Arbor again.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 3:50:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Who?
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 5:41:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 9:04:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I read that article.  It's just sports-writers trying to make it something that it's not.  Yes,  Florida is a major competitor in the SEC.  But not a "rivalry".  We don't play every year or have the history that we do with Tennessee or Auburn.  Florida will never be like "the third Saturday in Oct." or the "Iron Bowl" for Alabama.  We respect them as the other "big kids on the block" at the moment.  But 5,10,15 years from now, we're just 2 teams competing in the same conference on the other side.

Link Posted: 8/29/2010 12:13:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Florida's rivals are Florida State and Georgia.

Alabama's rivals are Auburn and Tenn.

THE rivalry is OSU vs Michigan(ten year war anyone?).

END OF STORY!
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:15:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Florida's rivals are Florida State and Georgia.
Alabama's rivals are Auburn and Tenn.

THE rivalry is OSU vs Michigan(ten year war anyone?) Army - Navy.

END OF STORY!

fixed for accuracy
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:05:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Hardly news...I've always tuned in whenever Bama plays UF.  Anyone remember the 1999 game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN7bo88G640
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top