Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2006 5:21:39 PM EDT
A few weeks ago my screen shrunk a bit & I am not able to diagnose the cause w/ the various programs available i.e. sisofsand & online versions. Vertically it has shrunk just minimally, however the side to side is a bit more exaggerated w/ about ¾” on the left & a ¼” on the right. The mouse cursor stops abruptly at the new edges of the display, the gaps are also noticeable during boot up only they are reversed. I’m running a rage 128 pro agp (4x IIRC). Any hdwr tests or insight appreciated,  Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have another monitor to try, or can you take your monitor to work and try it on a different computer?  It sounds like a monitor problem to me, but don't go buying things until you know what to replace.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:33:38 AM EDT
[#2]
LCD monitor or  CRT? If LCD, see if you have an "AUTO" button on the front panel, push that, see if it fixes your problem.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:45:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replys guys, it's a crt & I don't have another one to test it out on (work construction).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top