Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2006 6:27:24 PM EDT
After reading some of the threads on here about losing HD's due to failures, I am in the market for a large capacity HD.  Which mfr is the best and which retailer/web dealer has the best deals?

Thanks fellas

bdog60
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#1]
a external harddrive is just as likely to fail as the internal drive on your home pc.  

actually i see some die more in external bays more often than your pc.  I've seen the actual external "bay" go bad.   take the drive out of the bay and the data is still there.

i personally don't use them....unless you need mass store age

a DVD-RW drive is your best bet.  along with nero 7, which has a automatic backup program, works flawlessly, as long as you leave the dvd in the drive  

if i were to get a backup drive though it would be seagate
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:23:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I use two... one 40 gig drive that I use to take to clients homes or businesses... I have all of my software on there. It is a FireLite drive by SmartDisk... it will do firewire too. The other one I have is a 250 gig Western Digital drive... both have worked perfectly on any machine that I've used them on.

-d
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top