Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2006 7:10:09 PM EDT
Hi folks,

I have been using catalog.com for years to host and register 3 websites.  They have been steadily raising their prices and just announced that they are joining forces with webhero (begs webwhore joke) and another small price increase for hosting and registering.  I have had zero problems with catalog.com and great performance on the websites, all low traffic.  I don't have or want the hardware to host myself.

Just thought I would see who people recommend and do not recommend.  Any experiences to share?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:21:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been using 1&1 for over 4yrs, everything is great. The only problem I've ever had with them is the 100mb SQL database limit.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:45:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I use 1and1, really can’t beat their price and support.
Thinking about trying out their exchange hosting for a side-business.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:03:38 PM EDT
[#3]
123ehost.com

check it out, I've had great service, only one outage in 6 years... great customer support, they keep adding features and space and have not raised prices.

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:07:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I've used 1and1.com for two domains... wasn't that impressed with them. Had a lot of problems on my domains and their reply time wasn't that quick. Ended up moving them over to hostrocket.com where I had my other domain. Been with them for 2 years now and so far they are the best host I've had in the last 10 years.  (I do still have 2 free accounts with 1and1.com though, some promotion they ran 2 years ago)

-d
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:42:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I checked all these and they are really pretty much the same for price. All have their mix of a little more of this and a little less of that.  Maybe Catalog.com will still give us a break since we have the three domains and have been in forever?  But from the looks they sold out to webhore, er hero.

Thanks for the input, looks like some of the others offer cheaper solutions for no frills hosting.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:57:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I use midphase.com for my hosting needs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top