Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 9:49:02 AM EDT
This is going to sound real stupid but I can't get the new windows to open full screen when I right click and open a new window in Internet Explorer.  Always worked before but will not work since I reformatted the computer I surf the web with.  

Yeah, I know firefox is better and I have it on the computer but it doesn't seem to work with some of my financial websites and I just can't break old habits.

I right click to open a new window.  Used to be I could then drag the border of the window to full size and from then on all windows would open full size.  Doesn't work that way now though.  What am I missing here?  I know one of you guys will have the answer.

thanks,

Mak
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:58:10 AM EDT
[#1]
create a SHORTCUT for IE on the desktop(the original icon will not work).  right click on the icon go to properties.    where it says   RUN     then it says normal window.     click on the drop down arrow and select run maximized.    
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:36:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
create a SHORTCUT for IE on the desktop(the original icon will not work).  right click on the icon go to properties.    where it says   RUN     then it says normal window.     click on the drop down arrow and select run maximized.    

Thanks.  I went to do that but before I set it to run maximized all of the windows started opening full sized anyway?  Don't know what the deal was.  I did what you said anyway just to make sure it keeps opening that way.

It's got me confused now.

Mak

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:23:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.  I went to do that but before I set it to run maximized all of the windows started opening full sized anyway?  Don't know what the deal was.  I did what you said anyway just to make sure it keeps opening that way.

It's got me confused now.

Mak

IE was always weird like that.  Try maximizing all your windows before you close IE.  It seems to remember what size window existed before it closed, and use that setting next time you open a window.  It's very flaky though - I can get my IE to open in a long skinny window (for example) by closing it that way once, but it seems to take several times of closing it maximized to get it to "remember" to open maximized.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:38:49 AM EDT
[#4]
It's all running right now.  Odd.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top