Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2006 7:59:18 PM EDT
I have a friend that is looking to setup 10-15 register systems and needs them to report via internet to their home office.  What she needs is for them to handle several users per location.

Is there any computer software or hardware setup that can do this?  She is trying to stay under 15K for the whole package and setup.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:30:21 AM EDT
[#1]
There are lots of packages that can do this, but she is probably looking at $2-3K per seat, being more realistic than $1k per.

There are a lot more questions to be asked and answered before a quote could be made.

But if this is long term and high volume business, do not try to do it on the cheap, you will just spend more in the long run.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:29:51 AM EDT
[#2]
You can build some pc's for about $300-500 each (no audio card, small hard drives, maybe 1 gig of ram, pci video card, etc), then buy the software for them. If the location has cable, go with a cable modem or dsl. I doubt you'd need a T1 for sending data like that once a night or something.

-d
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#3]
They are using dsl at all locations.  I have sugested the pc/software setup but not sure what is out there except the quickbooks and thats a little over kill for what they are doing.  Personaly I thing they could do what they want with a simple web form or somthing a little more complex.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:42:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in the revenue collection and control business, primarily for subways, parking, arenas and the like. I may be able to help you.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:42:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm in the revenue collection and control business, primarily for subways, parking, arenas and the like. I may be able to help you.

IM sent
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:43:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I have recomended this program to others in the past. The poeple that used it are very happy with it.

Free POS/Cash Register Software

Free
Runs under DOS
Runs fine on very old PC's

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:15:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
They are using dsl at all locations.  I have sugested the pc/software setup but not sure what is out there except the quickbooks and thats a little over kill for what they are doing.  Personaly I thing they could do what they want with a simple web form or somthing a little more complex.

There are lots of ways to get the data in one spot. The problem is getting the data to begin with. I did a google search for "windows pos" and a ton of places came up that offer Windows based POS systems that would fit the bill for what you are trying to do. Check them out.

-d
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top