Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 7:18:58 PM EDT
I have some programs I want to install but they require that I run XP with SP2. Problem is I bought this laptop used and have no original CD. So I went toMicrosoft update and it says my license is NFG. Im guessing the seller reformatted and installed a illegal key which wont let me upgrade to SP2.

Are there any SP2 update packs available elsewhere? Or at least a wy to work around my problem? I dont want to lose all my programs by reinstalling a legit XP on my laptop.

What can I do?

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:28:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Look for a exe file called WPA_Kill.exe.

Install Service Pack 2, direct download from here -

www.softwarepatch.com/windows/winxpsp2relcaddownload.html

Run this program.

It will disable Windows Proctuct Activation, and not ask you to register the copy after 30 days.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:47:57 PM EDT
[#2]
tageroo
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:26:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Run this program.

It will disable Windows Proctuct Activation, and not ask you to register the copy after 30 days.

Thanks, Ill check it out.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:09:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Run this program.

I ruv oooh.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:26:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Run this program.

I ruv oooh.

If anyone has a problem finding the wpa_kill file, I will e-mail it to ya, just send me a PM.

You gotta make sure to disable all virus scanning and any spyware utilities you have running when downloading the wpa_kill file - it is detected as a "hacktool" and gets deleted out of the zip file.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#6]
lmao

all the more reason to use it    

edit.  

i've used a program called rockxp  to change the product key.    of course you will have get a new legit key
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top