Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2006 12:09:34 PM EDT
I have tried to burn several CDs with this program, and they all start midway through the first song when played. It is like the first half of the track is cut off, and the songs are off set from where they should be, so that the song will end in the middle of the actual track and the next one will start.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:37:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you "multitasking" or otherwise doing anything else while you are burning the CD?  This may be out-of-date, depending on your set-up, but I recall that some CD burning software is very picky about being the only thing running while you are burning a CD.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:37:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Does it only happen with that one song?

I've had some MP3z do strange stuff like that before. it was the mp3 file not the burning software.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:22:13 PM EDT
[#3]
OK, I was running firefox (a couple of browsers open) at the time. So that most certianly could be it.

Also, I am copying from a known good CD, so that is not the problem.

thanks for your input guys. I will give it another go, and report back.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:53:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I tried to burn the CD with no other programs running, and I was met with the same problem as before. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:20:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Have your tried contacting the Nero folks ??

send them an email..they are usually good about support.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:37:14 AM EDT
[#6]
what kind of drive do you have.

what operating system.  

how much memory??  

has it ever worked

do you have the cd to reinstall it

have you looked for an updated version..   versin 7 is out now
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:31:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
what kind of drive do you have.

what operating system.  windows XP

how much memory??  don't know

has it ever worked No

do you have the cd to reinstall it yes

have you looked for an updated version..   versin 7 is out now not yet

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:40:28 PM EDT
[#8]
try a demo version of 7

uninstall the old version restart the computer and install this version.    5 is NOT compatible with xp anyways

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 7:21:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
try a demo version of 7

uninstall the old version restart the computer and install this version.    5 is NOT compatible with xp anyways

Good to know thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top