Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2005 5:58:53 AM EDT
This topic is not for me (partially, but to keep me from hearing the moaning) but for the woman of the house.  For me to keep my sanity I need some info on what to do to the setting or otherwise.  This morning she wanted to lookup target.com and see what's for sale.  She did see some things but there were alot of X's on the page.  I noticed this "privacy report-eye" thing at the bottom right of the page.  It told that cookies were being blocked.  Yes, I've looked around in the settings and the X's still aren't disappearing.  What do I need to do next to clearup the X's?  Afterwards it's Jack in the black and Coke.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:22:09 AM EDT
[#1]
You need to tell us of your setup first.   Do you have a firewall other than windows?   You can block cookies and web bugs at a firewall in addition to the IE settings in windows.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:12:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I using etrust EZ Firewall.  I digging into it's settings.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:43:12 PM EDT
[#3]
EZ Firewall has a privacy protection setting that blocks cookies.  It is basically a version of Zonealarm and it will disallow the setting of cookies.  Turn that function off or exit the firewall and it will allow you to get the cookie.  Same thing happened when I was using it and I couldn't log into this site.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top