Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2003 1:11:27 AM EDT
rebooted my machine becouse i installed a critical update from microsoft scandisk as I normaly do about once a month and boom im missing a sh*tload of files with about 17 gig og .chk files in some folder called found.00. What do I need to recover this stuff Ive never had this happen before.

oh yeah im running windows 2k with service pack 4.

already scanned my machine with Norton(updated it today) that found nothing in the way of Virii.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 5:55:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey cyrax777 !!!! When it comes to W2k I install sp2 & nothing more, installing all that stuff just seems to f@ck it up. That's just me though. Anyway put in your w2k disk & go to command prompt, type in    sfc/scannow    & hit enter. This will check all your protected files & fix them.

.......Paul
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks just finished said nothing wrong with my protected files. A friend of mine showed me a way to recover some of the files from the .chk's was able to recover some of my anime. oh well guess ill have to redownload the rest.
well Learned a Vauluable lesson back up early and often.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top