Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2017 1:25:32 AM EDT
Went to Annual credit report.com ,but it would not complete the credit report transaction as it said I was using Safari in private browsing. I have IE 11 browser, but not Safari, and I was not using any type of in private browsing setting.

Would this indicate a virus or malware on my computer? Could Safari be "spoofed" on my computer to gain access to information? I scanned it with Malwarebytes and Microsoft security software but it came up clean on both of them.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Try html5test.com. It checks to see if your browser can run HTML but also tells what browser and OS you are running.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 6:24:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Post an actual link to the site you are looking at.

Sounds like it might be an excuse used by a spoof site.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 10:03:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Post an actual link to the site you are looking at.

Sounds like it might be an excuse used by a spoof site.
View Quote
annualcreditreport

When I got to the final step of getting a credit report is when it said I was using Safari in private browsing and it could not display the info, but as I said I have IE 11.

The original link to that site was provide  by my bank's web site in light of the recent data breach of Equifax.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top