BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2017 11:20:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 11:23:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 1:16:07 AM EDT
[#2]
A con is they had info that said bluetooth was included and then they said it wasn't. One big problem that I've had with the xbox one is the lack of a wireless chat headset like the 360 did. I was hoping the bluetooth could be used for this as I don't want stereo headphones, I just need it for the chat function.

Anyway I ordered one to replace the xbox in the front room. Looking forward for the fast system for things like menus. It is just a faster xbox but pretty much otherwise the same.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 1:32:38 AM EDT
[#3]
i grabbed a preorder, don't really have too much time to get on right now but i think it looks like it will be worth it.  considering how often cell phone release cycles and how little you gain with each new gen and how expensive they are, I welcome being able to go from 1080 to 4k after 3 years for 500 dollars.

i would have no problem doing the same thing a couple years down the road if they make simalar leaps in performance and stay away from gimmicks like biometric controllers and what not.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 3:34:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I wouldnt.

After my shitbobone started having issues with disc read errors and a few other bullshit issues I got fed up with it and smashed it against the concrete because it wasnt worth paying to have fixed.

I wouldnt trust Microsoft to make something that wasnt one long EULA pile of shit as they try to redefine social media as part of an entertainment center rather than just fucking playing games.

The shit they tried to pull with the always online bullshit, which goes back to my disc read errors just trying to play games I owned and were "installed" on the stupid fucking, where the game system tells me to please insert the disc to play the game when the disc is already inserted, Xbone is the kind of shit they dont deserve to be rewarded for.   Why fucking "install" a goddamn game(taking dozens of gigs) if it isnt going to play off the hard drive anyhow.

PS4 has been a better system than the Xbone that keeps trying to give itself a user interface overhaul every 6 goddamn months so you can never find anything.

Want an Xbone?   Buy the cheaper 250 dollar one and say to hell with 4k given their stupid device will probably crap out within a year or two anyhow.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 7:34:23 PM EDT
[#5]
The xbox one s is a 4k player, so to me it isn't worth the investment if it's mainly for kids playing minecraft.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 8:24:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 9:08:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Ordered on day one. 
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 6:48:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The xbox one s is a 4k player, so to me it isn't worth the investment if it's mainly for kids playing minecraft.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
LOL...same here.  I'll still probably pick one up though...eventually.

Quoted:
Can't...stop...looking...at...your...avatar...    
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 4:35:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That’s a good point. I’d hope to find some games I and possibly my wife could play, but as a fallback position $500 for a 4K minecraft might not be the best choice.

It will probably come down to whether I can think of a better toy for Christmas (for me). I like to get at least one fun present each year. If I can’t think of a better one, the X will probably be it.
View Quote
In the case of the X I find it a really tough sell personally. I have a ps4, xbone, and a pretty nice PC. I play the PC mostly but I see the attraction of the consoles so I generally consider myself unbiased. If somebody is looking into a PC I think that is usually the best bet. If a console person wants a new console a new console is going to be the right answer, I'm not one to pull the PC master race crap when it's unsolicited. That said I think if you have that kind of cash to spend on a console I'd personally go PS4 Pro. The UI is better on Sony's end for the time being and while I personally don't care for VR at this stage the PSVR is actually a pretty decent set for the cash. The PS4 Pro would be the best experience for VR unless microsoft has something coming soon. Microsoft has been dumping some time and money into VR so I would expect them to release a nice set when they're ready but for the upcoming holiday season I think PSVR and a PS4 Pro would be the best bang for your buck.

I don't follow the console wars like I used to admittedly, but personally higher frame rates and HDR have been more of a "holy shit" visual experience than just 4k by itself. The PS4 Pro is the more attractive entrance point in that regard.

However, in your case since you already have an xbox one I do think it would still be worth looking into the X if there are games you want to play with the family because you can have people playing on both Xboxes in that case, or since you're talking minecraft you could have two family members on the Xboxes and somebody playing on a PC as well (assuming you have a laptop/desktop that runs minecraft which I assume most people likely do).
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 8:10:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Having done just that I agree.    The One is PITA for parent's because you can't just throw the disc in and let them play, it has to be loaded to the box.   You also can't just load it to the box and then play either, even its loaded you have to put the disc into.   Then there are games that you can't play without an Xbox Live account.   Also I still haven't figured out how get the older versions of Rockband to work one the One.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 8:37:10 AM EDT
[#12]
I pre-ordered one even though I already have a Xbox One, PS4 Pro, and PC with a GTX1080. I have a 4K TV and a Dolby Atmos setup, the Xbox One X is really the first thing that will take close to full advantage of it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 7:16:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Having done just that I agree.    The One is PITA for parent's because you can't just throw the disc in and let them play, it has to be loaded to the box.   You also can't just load it to the box and then play either, even its loaded you have to put the disc into.   Then there are games that you can't play without an Xbox Live account.   Also I still haven't figured out how get the older versions of Rockband to work one the One.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Having done just that I agree.    The One is PITA for parent's because you can't just throw the disc in and let them play, it has to be loaded to the box.   You also can't just load it to the box and then play either, even its loaded you have to put the disc into.   Then there are games that you can't play without an Xbox Live account.   Also I still haven't figured out how get the older versions of Rockband to work one the One.
Yup, as much as I've grown to hate sony (as a former sony fanboy), Microsoft has a really clunky interface. They're changing it soon but I think the general consensus is that it's moving into the realm of too simple if that makes sense.

Quoted:
I pre-ordered one even though I already have a Xbox One, PS4 Pro, and PC with a GTX1080. I have a 4K TV and a Dolby Atmos setup, the Xbox One X is really the first thing that will take close to full advantage of it.
It's a nice all in one setup. For OP I don't know if minecraft really justifies it though. Something I just thought of though is that xbox allows minecraft crossplay between pc, xbox, and the switch. Same for rocket league. PS4 doesn't but will allow rocket league PC/PS4 crossplay. If the kids have friends on the switch/PC then the xbox is the better buy.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 8:37:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Having done just that I agree.    The One is PITA for parent's because you can't just throw the disc in and let them play, it has to be loaded to the box.   You also can't just load it to the box and then play either, even its loaded you have to put the disc into.   Then there are games that you can't play without an Xbox Live account.   Also I still haven't figured out how get the older versions of Rockband to work one the One.
View Quote
Sony is the same way.

For what it is worth Microsoft originally was going to have it where the disks had serials on them and you would only need it once and it would add the game to your account. People lost their shit over it so they went back to the old way before launch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top