Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2017 10:31:33 AM EDT
My computer has suddenly decided it doesn't like PDFs. It will give me an error that the file isn't there or I don't have permission. Google has said FU to a good fix.... I started my computer this morning...opened a reloader manual shut it then tried again and it gave me the error. Same for opening acrobat reader directly. If I keep trying it may randomly open. If I get acrobat to open then I can open PDF files...

Anyone got a clue what the fix is?
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 10:55:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I tried installing a PDF reader on a Win10 machine, and it wouldn't allow me to set it as the default program, demanding that I use Edge instead.
Maybe you need to re-associate PDF's with Edge (although in my experience, Win10 does that for you - even if you don't want it to.

But I don't know much.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 11:03:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I tried installing a PDF reader on a Win10 machine, and it wouldn't allow me to set it as the default program, demanding that I use Edge instead.
Maybe you need to re-associate PDF's with Edge (although in my experience, Win10 does that for you - even if you don't want it to.

But I don't know much.
View Quote
Well it was working before....
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 11:05:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My computer has suddenly decided it doesn't like PDFs. It will give me an error that the file isn't there or I don't have permission. Google has said FU to a good fix.... I started my computer this morning...opened a reloader manual shut it then tried again and it gave me the error. Same for opening acrobat reader directly. If I keep trying it may randomly open. If I get acrobat to open then I can open PDF files...

Anyone got a clue what the fix is?
View Quote
Uninstall that shit and use Chrome to view those files.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 12:47:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I use Adobe to open PDF's, if you have Adobe reader or better, then go to start, settings, system, default apps. choose default app by file type, scroll down to PDF then left click and choose Adobe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top