Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2017 12:20:11 PM EDT
im doing SSL the easy way, letting cloudflare handle it all and also getting the DDOS and caching benefits.  hosting done by godaddy, their economy linux 12/year hosting.  so my inside server IP is hidden from the world.  and godaddy is givine me free email for the domain.

my problem is that MX; it seems there is no way around exposing your inside IP address if you want your hosting provider to handle your mail?  id imagine there is some clever workaround here, but i cant figure it out.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 12:21:34 PM EDT
[#1]
MX records should almost always go to an external address. 
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 12:31:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Simplest way is to use a third party to host your mail, like Google apps for business. You still get a [email protected] and the MX records point to their servers. Of course there are other optionstoo if you don't want to use google, but it's the most common.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 3:33:38 PM EDT
[#3]
right ok got it, found zoho is free to do this, setting up SPF and DKIM now
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top