Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2017 8:02:41 AM EDT
I was just told the entire technical staff needs to be ITIL certified.  Can anyone recommend a book on ITIL/study guide/test prep software?  Amazon has a million but I see some were published as far back as 2011 or 2013.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 8/30/2017 5:49:19 PM EDT
[#1]
What level of ITIL certification?
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 5:55:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What level of ITIL certification?
View Quote

I guess the basic one?  They are having everyone here - even people that are essentially schedulers and secretaires - take it the test.  Although they sent everyone to a boot camp before I arrived, so I'm sure that's how some passed.  But I'm on my own.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 6:19:08 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're talking about ITIL Foundation, which is the entry level ITIL certification, the bulk of my organization did this. They hired an ITIL trainer to do a two day class (7 hours per) and he pretty much force fed all the concepts to us, and he administered the exam the following day.

It's not that difficult. The concepts are pretty straightforward. He gave us a few materials to work off of and study in the evenings.  If your colleagues have materials from the boot camp, you should just get those because the trainer will be giving you the condensed material that will most likely be covered on the exam.

ITIL was last updated in 2011, so any materials published on that year and after should be fine.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:02:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, foundations does sound familiar.  I'll see if they have anything they are willing to share. I was just hired and no one has been openly helpful.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:24:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Studying now for the cert after a 5 day class.  !fun

Below is the study guide recommended by some team mates who already certed

Amazon Product
  • Used Book in Good Condition

Link Posted: 8/31/2017 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Studying now for the cert after a 5 day class.  !fun

Below is the study guide recommended by some team mates who already certed

www.amazon.com/dp/1119942756
View Quote
Cool, I'll check that out. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 7:30:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top