Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2015 9:42:29 PM EDT
Just got my fire stick , all excited since I just cut the cord and got rid of my cable package. Only issue is the damn thing refuses to stay connected to my wifi. Setup was a bitch, then got it all updated, worked like a champ all day yesterday and now it's back to network issues. I've tried resetting and forgetting the ip, reset my router, disconnected and reconnected the fire stick and it still has connection issues. It will either say authentication error or connected with problems. Anyone have experience with this type of error? Googling brings up similar issues but no solutions.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:55:57 PM EDT
[#1]
How much power do you have going to it?  Does the problem persist when using the USB wall wart?

Is your wifi on 2.4 or 5 ghz?  If you have a wireless subwoofer, you might be KOing the firestick's connection if you are on 2.4 ghz.

Distance to your AP from the firestick?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:56:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:12:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Have tried it plugged into the hdmi extender and without, distance from dongle to router is >3'. The AC is plugged in so juice shouldn't be an issue. Wifi is 2.4 with a wpa-k encoding I believe. How would I go about changing the channel it's broadcasting? I attempted the forget this network and reset router at the same time to force it to a stronger connection but no luck.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:55:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Disregard, found a fix and its angering how dumb it is. I used a piece of painters tape and a 1.5' long piece of speaker wire taped to the stick. BOOM! Instant connection, very strong signal , not a hiccup at all. Thinking the fire tv stick suffers from too small of an antannae.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top