Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/15/2002 4:02:26 AM EDT
Ive used Blackwidow for years now, its slow and hard to use. Is there some thing better? Blackwidow is a Website downloader. Download the whole site for viewing later on a non-internet connected pc or PPC.
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 4:13:05 AM EDT
Uh, just curious but what does this do that [u]F[/u]ile Save As... Doesn't do?
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 4:50:10 AM EDT
Try "Make available off-line".
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 6:27:59 AM EDT
I think you can open stuff up in MS Frontpage XP and then save it to your local drive.
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 6:35:08 AM EDT
I used to use Anawave websnake 1.23 but I am not sure if they still make it. If you can't find it then email me and I will send you a time demo copy. This is pretty easy to use: type in the URL set the max download size and the number of levels to span and it downloads everything to a project folder. http://www.keyscreen.com/KeyScreen(s)7/websnake.htm See above for a review of the program.
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 8:28:17 AM EDT
The full version of Adobe Acrobat will download and convert a web site to a PDF file.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 5:13:16 PM EDT
MetaProducts Offline Explorer is a good one to use.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 12:31:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Skammy: Uh, just curious but what does this do that [u]F[/u]ile Save As... Doesn't do?
View Quote
"[u]F[/u]ile Save As" only saves 1 web page, not the whole site. USPC40 [img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img] [url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url] [img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=469[/img]
Top Top