Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2010 10:46:31 AM EDT

IS there any applications out there that will allow me to upload pictures and whatnot off my cell phone to my server via web brower? Maybe ones that will display them in a gallery format similar to 4images or something? It's goignt o be a few people using it and I'd rather it to HTTP based instead of FTP, but one that will display them in a gallery would be great.. I'm wouldn't be able to program something like that, did a google search, turned up nothing..

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:52:16 AM EDT
[#1]
You're not going to have an image gallery on your site without having code display it. Google "php image gallery" and you can find tons of pages that you'll just have to upload into your directory and the work is done for you.

Also, you could have an "upload.php" file or something similar that would let you browse to your file and upload it to your site. But you'd obviously want that all password protected.

Why not just create a private Flickr or imageshack account and only grant permissions to certain people? There's apps in the Android marketplace that integrate flawlessly with those sites, and all the work is done. That's what those sites are for.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:45:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

You're not going to have an image gallery on your site without having code display it. Google "php image gallery" and you can find tons of pages that you'll just have to upload into your directory and the work is done for you.

Also, you could have an "upload.php" file or something similar that would let you browse to your file and upload it to your site. But you'd obviously want that all password protected.

Why not just create a private Flickr or imageshack account and only grant permissions to certain people? There's apps in the Android marketplace that integrate flawlessly with those sites, and all the work is done. That's what those sites are for.

I couldn't any PHP web apps that will work with mobile phones like iphone and others.. I own my own server and didn't want to deal with rules picture storeage sites impose on you..
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:15:02 PM EDT
[#3]
The PHP apps would sit on your web server. You could browse to the php upload page hosted on your server using your smartphone (or any computer) and upload files using the webform... just another website, nothing to install on your phone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top