Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2017 11:14:49 AM EDT
Looks like in order to keep LR, PS and bridge, itll now be $15/month.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/18/16494080/lightroom-cc-adobe-update-release-price-photography

That's the way I'm reading it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 1:03:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm confused about the "new" plans and pricing.  I've had a CC subscription since May 2016, joining when they had a Flickr discount.  For $8.75/month, I was getting LR, PS and the Portfolio website.  I started using the Portfolio option about 6 months ago.  Also in May 2017, my monthly plan cost increased to $10.99, which is a price I could never find on their website.  Maybe they changed the pricing after I "renewed" my annual plan.  If I want/expect grandfathering of plan features, I should accept that my cost may not be exactly the same as the "latest" published rate.....

Now it looks like the $9.99/mo Photography plan doesn't include the Portfolio option, that requires a "single app" plan that costs a minimum of $20/mo?  Am I reading that correctly?  But my "one year" subscription runs through May 2018, so I'm assuming I get to keep Portfolio at my current cost until then?  At which time, I'll have to decide what to do.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 1:20:08 PM EDT
[#3]
The $10 plan stays the same (for now) but adds Lightroom CC (the cloud app) and 20GB of cloud storage. The $15 price you're seeing is if you want 1TB of storage.

Photography plan
Includes the all-new Lightroom CC, 20GB of cloud storage, Lightroom Classic CC, and Photoshop CC.
US$9.99/mo. LINK
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 2:21:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The $10 plan stays the same (for now) but adds Lightroom CC (the cloud app) and 20GB of cloud storage. The $15 price you're seeing is if you want 1TB of storage.

Photography plan
Includes the all-new Lightroom CC, 20GB of cloud storage, Lightroom Classic CC, and Photoshop CC.
US$9.99/mo. LINK
View Quote
Aight.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 5:30:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Also in case you didn't know there will be 2 versions of Lightroom. Cc and classic cc. Cc will be almost entirely cloud based. Classic will be a new version of what we have now. Cc will not have all the capabilities that classic will have. My brother is at the Adobe conference. He said that cc will be geared towards the people that are on the go and need workflow on multiple platforms and have easy access to posting on social media. Classic at least to start is geared towards the pro/ Pro-Am.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:48:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I took some pics tonight. Downloaded the raw files to my phone and then moved them to lightroom mobile. They now showup in lightroom cc on my desktop. The cloud system is going to work well for me.

Once the photos are in an album they show up in lightroom classic too. You dont do like photoshop and "open in". They are automatically placed in both programs and any edits automatically transfer. The folders dont seem to transfer though. You get all the pics but it only shows albums.

I am curious about their 1tb storage limit. It will work well for me but that limit obviously wouldnt work for a pro. I am hoping they add more storage as they build the system.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 9:54:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't need to edit across multiple platforms on the go.  I don't need any of their cloud storage.

I particularly can't use all these fancy cloud apps with my lame-ass 1.5 mbit connection;  I'd gobble all my bandwidth syncing to the cloud.

I'll stick with my $10 plan.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:08:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:15:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't need to edit across multiple platforms on the go.  I don't need any of their cloud storage.

I particularly can't use all these fancy cloud apps with my lame-ass 1.5 mbit connection;  I'd gobble all my bandwidth syncing to the cloud.

View Quote
I'm going to stick with that so I have the full versions but I'm excited about 20gb and the cloud Lightroom to be able to edit some stuff on the couch and keep everything else on my desktop. It was a mess trying to before. Or I wasn't doing it right.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:17:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm going to stick with that so I have the full versions but I'm excited about 20gb and the cloud Lightroom to be able to edit some stuff on the couch and keep everything else on my desktop. It was a mess trying to before. Or I wasn't doing it right.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not setup a shared folder across your network?

Unless you're talking about editing on your phone, on the couch.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:21:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I was going to do that but I couldn't get the sharing permissions working correctly and then I forgot about it. If I don't like the new cloud program I'll probably revisit it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:46:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Pushing me harder and harder to Capture One
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top