Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2017 10:59:39 AM EDT
Does anyone know where/how I can find a copy of Illustrator for free?

The projects I'm using it for don't justify the cost of creative suite.

I don't need the latest version either.  Anything CS2 or better is fine.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 12:54:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Does anyone know where/how I can find a copy of Illustrator for free?

The projects I'm using it for don't justify the cost of creative suite.

I don't need the latest version either.  Anything CS2 or better is fine.
View Quote
No links, but Adobe shut down the authentication servers for CS2, with a little digging you can find the keys they also released.

There is also Inkscape, which is a vector graphics editor comparable to illustrator, it is free and open-source.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 7:45:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.

I'm still going to keep my eyes open for illustrator, but I'll check out inkscape.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 9:18:39 PM EDT
[#3]
How long do you need it?  I think they run a free trial that is 30 days.  Or maybe it's just 15?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:56:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 10:47:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My Premiere Pro CC trial was 7 days (as a LR+PS subscriber already) not sure if there's different tiers of trials or whatever.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
How long do you need it?  I think they run a free trial that is 30 days.  Or maybe it's just 15?
My Premiere Pro CC trial was 7 days (as a LR+PS subscriber already) not sure if there's different tiers of trials or whatever.
Mine was 30 days free, but that was for the entire CC suite, and a couple of years ago.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 12:24:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I need it longer than 30 days.

Due to the nature of the projects I'm doing, it would be A LOT easier using vectors.  I *could* do it in PS, but AI wpuld make it a lot easier and look a lot better.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 12:43:00 PM EDT
[#8]
So my old Illustrator 88 disk wouldn't do it for you?

Link Posted: 10/15/2017 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#10]
CS2 is free. It's what we used professionally back in the day to do fine work. Get that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top