Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2017 9:52:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 11:22:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Does my LR CC subscription entitle me to a standalone download?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 3:36:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
https://photorumors.com/2017/09/18/adobe-lightroom-7-rumors/

How does this effect Lightroom CC?
View Quote

There will be the normal upgrade from LR CC 2015 to LR CC 2017, free upgrade for subscribers.
The old LR 6 catalog format will be migrated to the new LR 7 catalog format.
If Adobe follows their previous pattern, the LR 6 and LR 7 installs will be side-by-side.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 3:40:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does my LR CC subscription entitle me to a standalone download?
View Quote
Subscription and stand-alone are just licensing differences. The software is exactly the same for LR 6.x and LR 2015.x .

The same will probably hold true for LR 7 and LR 2017.

That said, if you want to have both versions of the licensing, it works best to use two separate email addresses for the licensing.
Both license types allow for installs on two computers (work and home, desktop and laptop). However, the two different licenses are two separate purchases.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 11:03:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Subscription and stand-alone are just licensing differences. The software is exactly the same for LR 6.x and LR 2015.x .

The same will probably hold true for LR 7 and LR 2017.

That said, if you want to have both versions of the licensing, it works best to use two separate email addresses for the licensing.
Both license types allow for installs on two computers (work and home, desktop and laptop). However, the two different licenses are two separate purchases.
View Quote
Gotcha.  I guess my real question is, what does the CC subscription get me that the stand-alone doesn't?

Consider that specifically do NOT use all the "Cloud"/mobile crap, because I don't want my software hogging all my bandwidth continuously syncing and uploading/downloading.  Every software manufacturer out there seems to think we're all running 100gbit fiber connections and my 1.5 mbit connection simply can't handle it.

The big thing I'm thinking is that I get PS and LR for $120/year, continuous upgrades, and when I get new computers I can just activate/deactivate per machine.

Standalone LR by itself is $150.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 12:40:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Gotcha.  I guess my real question is, what does the CC subscription get me that the stand-alone doesn't?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

CC gets you PS and LR with all the latest features and upgrades. The standalone versions do not get new features except at major version upgrades (that you pay for).  Adobe claims this is due to accounting rules.

A brief explanation here:
https://laurashoe.com/2016/01/27/adobe-releases-lightroom-6-4-and-cc-2015-4-with-boundary-warp-feature/
they get new features only at the beginning of the product’s life. (Apparently under Sarbanes Oxley, Adobe couldn’t release new features mid-cycle (past the financial quarter in which the product is released) even if they wanted to.)
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Adobe claims this is due to accounting rules.
View Quote
An explanation directly from Adobe on how this is affected by Sarbanes-Oxley.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1223742
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top