Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2017 7:32:03 PM EDT
A good friend gave me this and an Studio umbrella flash setup.  

I was surprised that everything works well except the auto winder due to a dead battery.  

All instructions and paperwork including warranty cards too.  Kind of neat to read up.  

I don't know if it is worth much,  but it is fun to tinker with.  I put some film in it to tinker.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 8:28:40 PM EDT
[#1]
YAY!

Installed some new batteries into the auto winder and it works!
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:09:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Great camera to learn the fundamentals on. And it will do a lot of things easier than a new one.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:16:45 PM EDT
[#3]
That was my first camera. I had both of those lenses and also a 35mm roar wide angle shots.

In fact, I still have it all but I’ve moved past it to some great digital equipment!
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:32:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That was my first camera. I had both of those lenses and also a 35mm roar wide angle shots.

In fact, I still have it all but I’ve moved past it to some great digital equipment!
View Quote
I have plenty of digital equipment.  But,  I still like to play with some old stuff once in a while.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:36:19 PM EDT
[#5]
the AE1 is a outstanding camera. I was given two of them from a co-worker. Both were recently refurbed within the last two years. 
I also have a AE1 Program, the next model up. you got good lenses with that camera, I've been looking for a FD 135mm for a while.  I have a FL135mm and that is a great lens also.

I use "The Darkroom" for my color film developing. I do B&W myself and scan the negs. 
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 8:00:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Well.
It was given to me....

Played with it a bit and decided to give it to the wife of a guy at work.  She is in a class to learn how to use film SLR cameras.  She needs an older full manual SLR.  I caught wind of it from her husband and brought it to work today and gave it away to him for her.  

Hopefully it will serve her well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top