Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2017 4:09:10 AM EDT
Long story short, during a shoot I was doing today the light conditions changed pretty rapidly and I ended up with a V shaped shadow on one of the the model's arms and a dividing line on the other..  Unfortunately, levels, dodging, etc don't seem to be getting evened out, so I'm looking for ideas on how to fix it.  I can remove the shadows if I make a black and white adjustment layer, BUT then the colors are off if I try to change the layer to luminosity or whatnot.

Generally I'd post a image of what I'm working with, but I'm not at liberty to post the whole image.  The two little blurbs are about all I can post.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 3:07:02 AM EDT
[#1]
So I've got the shadow mostly taken care of with multiple layers of frequency separated layers with fixes between them.

I've spent the last ~8 hours trying to color correct one of the portraits and had two 'I'm a retard' moments.  One, my computer had a hard crash the other day and lost a lot of data including my color calibration info and photoshop preferences.  (A new build is on my list of stuff to do as this thing is dying fast) and two was the big one.  I always forget that I'm slightly blue/yellow colorblind so it throws off my colors when I can't just trust photoshop to balance them itself.

So the portraits are going to be in either muted color (it was a 60's theme anyhow) or in B&W since there's no way I can get the colors perfect without messaging the guy a million times for tweaks.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:25:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:08:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Have you tried dodging it with a gradient mask applied to the area?
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:32:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you tried dodging it with a gradient mask applied to the area?
View Quote
Self taught so I didn't think of that. Ended up with several different frequency separated layers stacked and tweaked until I got the skin tone I was looking for.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top