Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:50:08 AM EDT
[#1]
i love this thread...

bear in mind that most officers in SWAT teams are incapable of keeping their pants up long enough to have an active engagement.

ya'll know...the cops...who always seem to be chatting it up with the 18-25 y/o cuties..

2 killers for a policeman..

bad diets...
loose women...
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:50:40 AM EDT
[#2]
As an expert on the topic, with an extensive background of watching about five episodes of Dallas SWAT, I can tell you that the Marines would win easily.  Why?  Intelligence.  No, not that cops are dumb, but they do seem to think that every weapon is an "AK-47."  This would make it impossible for the SWAT commander to accurately appraise the situation.  The light machine gun nest on the first floor?  AK-47.  The mortal team in the alley?  AK-47.  The sniper on the roof?  AK-47.  You get the picture.  There is no way the SWAT commander would be able to come up with a cohesive battle plan under such conditions.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:51:42 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not if they fought underwater.

Nu-Uh!

Superman would use his heat vision and evaporate all the water, boilling Aquaman alive.

End of story.

BC

Aquaman kicked Superman's ass in Smallville underwater.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:51:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They'd join forces and eliminate the liberals!

Don't we wish!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:53:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
As an expert on the topic, with an extensive background of watching about five episodes of Dallas SWAT, I can tell you that the Marines would win easily.  Why?  Intelligence.  No, not that cops are dumb, but they do seem to think that every weapon is an "AK-47."  This would make it impossible for the SWAT commander to accurately appraise the situation.  The light machine gun nest on the first floor?  AK-47.  The mortal team in the alley?  AK-47.  The sniper on the roof?  AK-47.  You get the picture.  There is no way the SWAT commander would be able to come up with a cohesive battle plan under such conditions.

I have to admit, those guys on Dallas SWAT are tools.  No doubt about that.  But.....a lot of the prior .mil guys on my team don't know an AK from an SKS or an M1 from a '03.....

BC
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:53:29 AM EDT
[#6]
The real question here is:

If the Marines and SWAT worked together, could they take down Chuck Norris?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:53:40 AM EDT
[#7]
the thing that was skewed about that show was that is put a bunch of prior military guys against a current SWAT guys, of course the level of proficency is going to decrease after being inactive for a number of years

it would of been cool if they would do it again like the Ranger or SWAT challange on espn2. I would love to see a fresh Force Recon team/A team/Ranger/Marine/Army Grunt squad go up against SWAT, I bet the Military would eat their lunch
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:55:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Pfft.  Chuck Norris licks the sweat off of Chesty Puller's ballsack.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I recently was very fortunate to work with and shoot with some former FAST Marines. I would not want to scew with them.

There is no way even a major metropolitan SWAT team beats a similiar team of Marines. No way, no how.

Agreed.  Only thing a SWAT team would be able to hang with the Marines on would be building entry.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:56:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I can't belive you hijacked my thread with Chuck Norris.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:59:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd just get on the loud speaker and yell: "You LEO Types want to forget about kicking the shit out of each other and go grab some beers?"

No rounds fired, many rounds purchased.  

And for the record, 3rd BTN 5th Marines would beat them like a red headed step child.  No offense to you LEO types.  

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:59:46 AM EDT
[#12]
how come the marines don't get to use there billy badasses.  recon or something.  swat is the hardcore where the grunt is just your daily issue soldier.  So first its swat vs grunt.  next will be patrol street cop versus recon team?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:02:35 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
i love this thread...

bear in mind that most officers in SWAT teams are incapable of keeping their pants up long enough to have an active engagement.

ya'll know...the cops...who always seem to be chatting it up with the 18-25 y/o cuties..

2 killers for a policeman..

bad diets...
loose women...

Please.  And the Marines wouldnt?  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:05:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'd just get on the loud speaker and yell: "You LEO Types want to forget about kicking the shit out of each other and go grab some beers?"

And for the record, 3rd BTN 5th Marines would beat them like a red headed step child.  No offense to you LEO types.  

LEO's would drink a bunch of Jarheads under the table.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:06:13 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Also, what MOS of Marines?

I doubt Marine supply guys are going to be able to take on a SWAT team.  Now if it were Force Recon, .

I was a Pouge Marine. In the 80's I was stationed in Dallas Texas. One of the reservists was Dallas Tactical (Pre Swat name). We were invited to the Tactical Training areas to be opfor. We took sandbags and barb wire to harden the target house. The entry team from the police hit the tanglefoot upon entry. We (Pouges all) fired from the bunker we built in the house and killed every one of them.

Been There Done That. I was a Supply Operations Management Marine Sergeant. The rest of the team were Truck mechanics, and Comm Guys. Pouge Marines need to know the basic infantry stuff to progress in rank.

Cops got rules,  Marines got tactics.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:06:58 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Perhaps.  They could certainly out-eat the Marines at a krispy kreme.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:08:10 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I doubt Marine supply guys are going to be able to take on a SWAT team.  Now if it were Force Recon, .

I was a Pouge Marine. In the 80's I was stationed in Dallas Texas. One of the reservists was Dallas Tactical (Pre Swat name). We were invited to the Tactical Training areas to be opfor. We took sandbags and barb wire to harden the target house. The entry team from the police hit the tanglefoot upon entry. We (Pouges all) fired from the bunker we built in the house and killed every one of them.

Been There Done That. I was a Supply Operations Management Marine Sergeant. The rest of the team were Truck mechanics, and Comm Guys. Pouge Marines need to know the basic infantry stuff to progress in rank.

1980's vs. today

That's like talking about 1980s Delta Force and trying to compare it todays.  It's light years ahead of where it was 20years ago.
Same thing with major metro SWAT teams.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:08:16 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not this Jarhead Bama.  "I'm the only one profeshional enuff in dis room to drink a Sam Adams 40"
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:08:30 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pfft.  Chuck Norris licks the sweat off of Chesty Puller's ballsack.

On that we agree.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:08:53 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mmmmm....donuts.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:09:46 AM EDT
[#21]
I hope the guys with the small penis syndrome dont come in here and ruin this entertaining thread.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:09:56 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not this Jarhead Bama.  "I'm the only one profeshional enuff in dis room to drink a Sam Adams 40"

Next time I'm in MA we can test the theory.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:10:39 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mmmmm....donuts.

I fucking hate donuts.  ESPECIALLY Krispy Kremes.    Deep-Fried Lard covered in Sugar.

BC
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:12:07 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Next time I'm in MA we can test the theory.

I would be delighted to have the chance.   IM me when you are and I'll get the first round.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:12:23 AM EDT
[#25]
I'll be damned. Made it all the way to page three without turning into a cop bashing thread.

Miracles do happen.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:12:48 AM EDT
[#26]
To be blunt, the Marines, easy.
They are fighters and are used to fighting against other heavily armed enemies.

SWAT uses speed and intimidation (dynamic entry, etc) to shock people into not fighting back.
When people do shoot back, it normally goes to shit.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:13:42 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I'll be damned. Made it all the way to page three without turning into a cop bashing thread.

Miracles do happen.

School hasn't gotten out yet.

BC
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:17:20 AM EDT
[#28]
This thread rules.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:19:06 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Miracles do happen.

School hasn't gotten out yet.

BC

+1

Lets hope the tone has already been set as "An amusing read" for this thread.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:19:10 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1980's vs. today

That's like talking about 1980s Delta Force and trying to compare it todays.  It's light years ahead of where it was 20years ago.

They still bunch up at the door. Claymores still work. Scout team across the way as the Swat guys bunch up hit the detonator. Game over. Marines 1 Swat 0

Pouges provide their own security in the sandbox. They patrol their AO with out the grunts. Cops spend years learning to control the violence. Marines spend years leaning to unleash it. (Even us Pouges)

This is not a slam on cops just my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:22:49 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I hope the guys with the small penis syndrome dont come in here and ruin this entertaining thread.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:24:04 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Miracles do happen.

Yeah, but we've got people talking about licking ballsacks, though.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:26:27 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1980's vs. today

They still bunch up at the door. Claymores still work. Scout team across the way as the Swat guys bunch up hit the detonator. Game over. Marines 1 Swat 0

Pouges provide their own security in the sandbox. They patrol their AO with out the grunts. Cops spend years learning to control the violence. Marines spend years leaning to unleash it. (Even us Pouges)

This is not a slam on cops just my opinion.

LOL. This thread really is a good read. Best thread in quite a while.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:26:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Marines would Win hands Down!  The SWAT Team would not be able to identify the Target with the new High tech MARPAT Camo the MArines wear!hock.gif
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:27:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Another thing I learned while working with Marines is they can fall asleep at the drop of a hat.

Get in the truck before we are out of the driveway all the Marines are asleep. The LEO's were eyes wide open. I worked on this trait and could almost go to sleep as fast as them but not quite.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:29:15 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
how come the marines don't get to use there billy badasses.  recon or something.  swat is the hardcore where the grunt is just your daily issue soldier.  So first its swat vs grunt.  next will be patrol street cop versus recon team?

Because a normal Marine infantry platoon would easily wipe out any SWAT team.
Cover and concealment.
MOUT
Suppresive fire
Light MGs
More aggressive
Better trained for out and out comabt.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:33:12 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Another thing I learned while working with Marines is they can fall asleep at the drop of a hat.

Heheheh. You ain't kidding. Same goes for Army, too.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:37:13 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Get in the truck before we are out of the driveway all the Marines are asleep. The LEO's were eyes wide open. I worked on this trait and could almost go to sleep as fast as them but not quite.

I have fallen asleep literally while walking a post.  I was dreaming I had fallen off of a cliff, then I hit the grass and woke up.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:38:31 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Holy shit, I'd make a FANTASTIC Marine! I've got that down pat!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:39:07 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

They'd make you wear men's pants.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:40:32 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:40:55 AM EDT
[#42]
I wonder how a force like the Rangers would do against SWAT?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:43:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Police capture, Marines kill
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:43:51 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Who would win in a street battle and why?

Even numbers, no Artillery, Tanks, or Air Support for either side.

Quite possibly the most noob question ever posed on the site.

You may as well ask who would win in the NFL, the Yankees or the Pistons.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:45:13 AM EDT
[#45]
no kidding on the sleeping thing, I cant tell you how often I have dozed off while on a 10-15 mile hump.  I swear, there were times when I was out cold walking with ruck, and a crew served weapon
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:45:28 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Who would win in a street battle and why?

Even numbers, no Artillery, Tanks, or Air Support for either side.

Quite possibly the most noob question ever posed on the site.

You may as well ask who would win in the NFL, the Yankees or the Pistons.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I wonder how a force like the Rangers would do against SWAT?

Against SWAT at what???

MOUT? Room clearing? Artillery spotting??? Playing grabass in the showers???

What???
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:46:16 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I never could.  It takes me a lot of effort to go to sleep.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:49:32 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate you fuckers, I really do.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:52:20 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate you fuckers, I really do.

SM it was gold, I had to give him the chuckle.  
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top