Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 4:08:26 PM EDT
Today, me and 5 of our members played the BF2 mod, "Desert Conflict". The server we were in was basically full, for being a mod server but was a total blast! Right now, no vehicles have been added but getting it for Capture the flag is awesome and really worth it! It is made by the original group that made BF1942's "Desert Combat". Currently they are working on new vehicles (such as the A-10 Worthog and the AC-130 Spectre gunshp) and havent released them yet.. I recommend you download version 0.2 and patch 0.22. I havent had this much fun in a long time!

This is the main page
Desert Conflict

here are the pictures of the new vehicles they are working on!
Pictures

Nathan
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:46:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Flying an AC130 would be fun!!! I cant wait for the vehicles.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:48:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I played that mod for a bit... but got tired of it. When I played they had vehicles in game.

-d
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:07:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I played that mod for a bit... but got tired of it. When I played they had vehicles in game.

-d

What vehicles? I wasn't aware that they made a vehicle mod yet. I played it again and it still was just as fun.

Nathan
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:33:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Hopefully EA will add an official CTF mode.  Last I heard they were 'discussing it'
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:50:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hopefully EA will add an official CTF mode.  Last I heard they were 'discussing it'

Hmm. Well I hope so... Its taken them WAY too long. They need to add other modes of play too.

Nathan
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:00:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-d

What vehicles? I wasn't aware that they made a vehicle mod yet. I played it again and it still was just as fun.

Nathan

We were playing on Karkand and people had vehicles on there taking the flags. Can't remember what server it was, it was a few weeks ago.

-d
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:34:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Tell me more.  What do I need inorder to play this?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:42:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-d

Nathan

We were playing on Karkand and people had vehicles on there taking the flags. Can't remember what server it was, it was a few weeks ago.

-d

Oh I thought you meant the new vehicles that they are working on right now. Certain maps have transports, so far the one I have played that doesn't have transports is Sharqi. I still need to play the other maps.

Nathan
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:46:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Here is the main Download.

CTF Client

here is the patch that is required to play

CTF Patch 0.22

after you install and then patch, double click the DC CTF icon. then go into your filter and make sure that you have ranked and you are able to view all the map sizes. they also have a list of servers off of their forums. I'll be on X-Fire playing it, so after you get DC CTF, just join in with me.

Nathan
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:00:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I can vouch for Nathan, this mod is a WONDERFUL change to the bullshit you have to put up with on EA's ranked servers.   Yes, I know it isnt ranked but you would be surprised how much fun it is to play something other than conquest and not have to worry about arty and UAV (among other things).  Some of the maps like karkand provide each side with an APC but other than that it's pretty void of armor.

If any of you played the DC (GOD i loved it) mod from back in BF1942 this website should look familiar...these were the guys who stayed behind from Trauma Studios.  Anyways, right now they have only added a CTF version to the current maps and some interesting tweaks.  Once the new vehicle models and  maps come out this is gonna be AWESOME.

Make sure you uncheck "ranked" when looking for these servers...they usually get populated in the evening.

Good luck and hope to see some of you there!hug.gif
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:09:49 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I can vouch for Nathan, this mod is a WONDERFUL change to the bullshit you have to put up with on EA's ranked servers.   Yes, I know it isnt ranked but you would be surprised how much fun it is to play something other than conquest and not have to worry about arty and UAV (among other things).  Some of the maps like karkand provide each side with an APC but other than that it's pretty void of armor.

If any of you played the DC (GOD i loved it) mod from back in BF1942 this website should look familiar...these were the guys who stayed behind from Trauma Studios.  Anyways, right now they have only added a CTF version to the current maps and some interesting tweaks.  Once the new vehicle models and  maps come out this is gonna be AWESOME.

Make sure you uncheck "ranked" when looking for these servers...they usually get populated in the evening.

Good luck and hope to see some of you there!

About time you posted!      
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:12:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CTF Client

CTF Patch 0.22

after you install and then patch, double click the DC CTF icon. then go into your filter and make sure that you have ranked and you are able to view all the map sizes. they also have a list of servers off of their forums. I'll be on X-Fire playing it, so after you get DC CTF, just join in with me.

Nathan

This is what I got when I clicked on the link:

Invalid Key or in use or Missing File

Your download key for the requested file is invalid. Download keys are only valid for 48 hours. Once your download is complete, the key is no longer valid. Keys are also only valid for the original server.

Additionally this error may be caused because the file was not found on the server.

If you need help starting your download, please contact FileFront support.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:56:09 AM EDT
[#13]
gibby just create a free account with filefront and then you will be able to download it.

i've had one there for years.  i get patches and stuff there when needed
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:11:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Downloaded it last night, looks interesting and the FAV and MEC buggy are wicked fast (almost too fast to control in the turns) now. CTF was always a blast on Berlin in DC.

I'll have to find a server tonight. Does anyone have a list of them? I could only find one last night and it was empty.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:36:23 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CTF Client

CTF Patch 0.22

Nathan

This is what I got when I clicked on the link:

Invalid Key or in use or Missing File

Your download key for the requested file is invalid. Download keys are only valid for 48 hours. Once your download is complete, the key is no longer valid. Keys are also only valid for the original server.

Additionally this error may be caused because the file was not found on the server.

If you need help starting your download, please contact FileFront support.  

Then just go to www.filefront.com and do a search for Battlefield 2, then click Battlefield 2, then click mods. You will find "desert Conflict" in the list. Get the main version 0.2 and patch .22, don't get 0.1.

Nathan
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:38:03 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Downloaded it last night, looks interesting and the FAV and MEC buggy are wicked fast (almost too fast to control in the turns) now. CTF was always a blast on Berlin in DC.

I'll have to find a server tonight. Does anyone have a list of them? I could only find one last night and it was empty.

Kharn

Me and some of the guys will probally play CTF today (I definitely will). They have a list of DC:CTF servers off of the DC website forums.

Nathan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top