Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 2:12:05 PM EDT
Hey guys I preorded black and got the BFG gun (M249 Saw) If you want IM me and I will give you the code to get it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:43:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Is that game only available on console or is there a PC version?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:35:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Is that game only available on console or is there a PC version?

No as of yet.  I bought it for the XBox it is the shit!  Fighting through a mine field in a refinery, taking on snipers in a grave yard, all around cool enviornments.  I did not load up the 249 yet I want to complete it at least once first.  Even on easy if you do not use cover you die quickly.  The enemies body armor is substantial too it will take several body hits to drop even the weakest enemies.  The helmets flying off after headshots are sweet too.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:26:54 PM EDT
[#3]
honestly, its not what was promised... the environments arnt as destructable as they were hyped. decent FPS. but honeslty, nothing more... im not disapointed with the purchase, but i do wish there was a MP Coop mode.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
honestly, its not what was promised... the environments arnt as destructable as they were hyped. decent FPS. but honeslty, nothing more... im not disapointed with the purchase, but i do wish there was a MP Coop mode.

Same here. The graphics are neat like when he reloads and weapons are pretty detailed but it seems repetative and kind of simple. Doesnt have multiplayer either which doesnt give it much value after you beat it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:38:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I have it for ps2 and I like it.  I've bought WAY worse games...that's for sure.
negatives:  
-NO online multiplayer (wtf?!)
-almost too simple of a game design
-no on-screen counter for # of grenades left  (did anyone else notice this?)
-I'll sit there and shoot head shot after headshot on a guy, and he just flinches...guns almost seem underpowered in that sense.  If I can put the dot on thier eyes and shoot single shots on the head, I expect them to drop after 1 or 2 shots, but they just keep taking it.  Anyone else notice this?
-no blood  

positives:
-very good sound, nice explosions, and even better if you run your audio through a stereo system
-graphics are nice
-gunfights get intense
-shotguns are awesome

I got the SAW for awhile on a level...so why is there the code for it?  Does it give you unlimited ammo w/ it?  Does it give you it all the time on all levels?  Thanks.  

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:27:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I love it.  My son and I play the heck out of it.  It's simple, which is what I like.  Shoot like crazy, reload, shoot some more.  Guns are awesome, silencers are the shit.  I've had a load of fun with this game.

Didn't expect fancy stuff, and I wasn't disappointed.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:51:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have it for ps2 and I like it.  I've bought WAY worse games...that's for sure.
negatives:  
-no on-screen counter for # of grenades left  (did anyone else notice this?)
-I'll sit there and shoot head shot after headshot on a guy, and he just flinches...guns almost seem underpowered in that sense.  If I can put the dot on thier eyes and shoot single shots on the head, I expect them to drop after 1 or 2 shots, but they just keep taking it.  Anyone else notice this?
-no blood  

positives:
-very good sound, nice explosions, and even better if you run your audio through a stereo system
-graphics are nice
-gunfights get intense
-shotguns are awesome

I got the SAW for awhile on a level...so why is there the code for it?  Does it give you unlimited ammo w/ it?  Does it give you it all the time on all levels?  Thanks.  

-spooky-

the xbox version has a grenade count indicator on the HUD below the ammo display in the upper right hand corner. its really small you practically have to squint to see it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:40:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
negatives:  
-no on-screen counter for # of grenades left  (did anyone else notice this?) haha nevermind
-no blood  

positives:
-graphics are nice
-gunfights get intense
-shotguns are awesome

hr

the xbox version has a grenade count indicator on the HUD below the ammo display in the upper right hand corner. its really small you practically have to squint to see it.

Yeah I actually noticed an indicator today.  It's tiny.  I probobly didnt notice it before because I was looking at it w/ zero grenades left.    
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:19:59 PM EDT
[#9]
For anyone who IM'd me and I forgot to IM the code to them I apoligize I had a death in the family and have been kinda occupied here is the code

H8Q8-2B6G-HTY4-G498
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:37:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Rented it on Xbox.  Fun game, but a lot of the same.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:42:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
For anyone who IM'd me and I forgot to IM the code to them I apoligize I had a death in the family and have been kinda occupied here is the code

H8Q8-2B6G-HTY4-G498

ok,
i am a little slow.  how do you type in the code when the HMI does not have any keys?

i liked the game.  hey, it's a game.  Simple, no jumping which is good and bad when you need to get out of a “hole”.  The environment needs to be more erodable.  not as advertised.  How many missions are there?  I am on the foundry #6?

Just started but have some comments
The shotgun guys are absurdly hard to kill.  I mean you can dump a full SMG mag into them and they get up?  WTF?  They should be freaking’ hamburger at that point.
The Walther  2000 is cool but it’s not the only sniper rifle on the planet!  How about a Dragunov or a 700?  
How about an M-60 or a M-14.  Something that will turn armor into Swiss cheese?

I wish you could start by picking your weapons.  
It’s to bad you can’t jump in an APC and drive it around the courtyard of the sanitarium.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#12]
B+

Def. very samey.  Not enough varied enemies and I hate games that respawn enemies out of the ass.  Other than that, the AI is really good(even though in some spots they put them by explosive barrels/crates)  Nice weapon system.  Excellent lighting, atmosphere and enviroments.  Shame I hear it's only 5 hours long. I think I'm a few hours in.  Good stuff.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:34:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

ok,
i am a little slow.  how do you type in the code when the HMI does not have any keys?

i liked the game.  hey, it's a game.  Simple, no jumping which is good and bad when you need to get out of a “hole”.  The environment needs to be more erodable.  not as advertised.  How many missions are there?  I am on the foundry #6?

Just started but have some comments
The shotgun guys are absurdly hard to kill.  I mean you can dump a full SMG mag into them and they get up?  WTF?  They should be freaking’ hamburger at that point.
The Walther  2000 is cool but it’s not the only sniper rifle on the planet!  How about a Dragunov or a 700?  
How about an M-60 or a M-14.  Something that will turn armor into Swiss cheese?

I wish you could start by picking your weapons.  
It’s to bad you can’t jump in an APC and drive it around the courtyard of the sanitarium.  

You have to enter it in your profile. Don't forget the - in the code either or it won't work. After you enter the code it will let you enter your name or whatever that shows you that you did it correctly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top