Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/18/2006 11:02:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/18/2006 11:02:50 AM EDT by blueshockey]
Due to a continuous "timed out" on a trace route hop, I decided to move the server out of Dallas to Chicago, again, keeping it centralized for both coasts.

I'm getting flawless trace routes with this IP.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:15:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/18/2006 11:16:27 AM EDT by adair_usmc]
Thanks for the info.

I thought you werent allowed to have firearms in Chicago?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:42:19 AM EDT
Ok, I'll update my posts in other threads to reflect new IP.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:21:59 PM EDT
Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:32:23 PM EDT
sounds good thanks for the update
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:33:36 PM EDT
Welcome to the U.S.S.Chicago Nice to have the ping advantage in my back yard! See yas in game.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:31:21 PM EDT
I got on the server some tonight. My ping was high 30s to low 40s probably didn't see anything bigger than 43. If I remember right, my ping on the old server was middle/high 50s. I like the new location.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:48:32 PM EDT
Can we get the clan list on this new server. I tried to get on tonight and it said it was full. We used to have it set to kick for incoming clan members. Any ETA on getting that on the new server.

Miranthis
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:10:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Miranthis:
Can we get the clan list on this new server. I tried to get on tonight and it said it was full. We used to have it set to kick for incoming clan members. Any ETA on getting that on the new server.

Miranthis

sorry about that, IM casajump, cruze, GerberSchwintz, or rellik on xfire and we will bump a player for ya.

Thanks...
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:00:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/21/2006 10:01:15 PM EDT by Zuma]
I tried joining the server last night and after about 20 minutes of staring at the "Verifying Client Data" message I got booted back to the server list with a "server only allows games with unmodified content" message. It's a legit install, patched to Official 1.2 (pending the upcoming fixes for same) so what's the deal?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:52:33 PM EDT
Hey now, don't all answer at once!

Tell ya what: Any time you need a thread killed just let me know and I'll post a comment or a question and all activity will cease.

No, but seriously folks, what's the deal?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:24:26 PM EDT
^Couldn't tell ya if it's a legit install and everything. Try reinstalling the patch maybe?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:47:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Zuma:
Hey now, don't all answer at once!

Tell ya what: Any time you need a thread killed just let me know and I'll post a comment or a question and all activity will cease.

No, but seriously folks, what's the deal?

Is it just with BRD? Did you try more than once? Are any of your files altered? It may be a one time bug. I have gotten it before in the past and it was for no particular reason.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:06:11 PM EDT
No altered BF2 files whatsoever. To be fair, it did happen with one other server that same night, with the wait time for the client data verification three times longer than normal before geting the modified content error.

Now, it was also while I had a legitimate copy of Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie installed (a great looking, great sounding, hopelessly stupid game) which installs the drive-wrecking, system-crashing StarForce copy protection scheme and drivers and that may well have been part of the problem. I've since uninstalled the game and StarForce's evil drivers but haven't tried BRD again yet. I'll let you know (and thanks for the replies).

Boycott StarForce
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:10:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Zuma:
No altered BF2 files whatsoever. To be fair, it did happen with one other server that same night, with the wait time for the client data verification three times longer than normal before geting the modified content error.

Now, it was also while I had a legitimate copy of Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie installed (a great looking, great sounding, hopelessly stupid game) which installs the drive-wrecking, system-crashing StarForce copy protection scheme and drivers and that may well have been part of the problem. I've since uninstalled the game and StarForce's evil drivers but haven't tried BRD again yet. I'll let you know (and thanks for the replies).

Boycott StarForce

Starforce shouldn't have any effect on BF2.

-d
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:02:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dizza:

Starforce shouldn't have any effect on BF2.

-d

Maybe, maybe not, but BF2, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, F.E.A.R. and Counter-Strike: Source all began stuttering after the King Kong install and both my DVD-RW and HD performance have dropped quite noticeably and significantly.

The above-mentioned games have improved somewhat, but not entirely, since removal of all StarForce files, but whatever damage was done appears irreversable, particularly to the DVD-RW.

StarForce very specifically locked up my system several times, forcing physical memory dumps and requiring Windows file repairs on reboot. I'll NEVER buy another game with StarForce protection.
Top Top