Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:45:32 PM EDT
[#1]
kinda nice how the ranks worked out.  Sorting the clan we have a 1LT a 2LT and a few SMAJ.  there is still a crowd at E-5 to E-8, but I can live with that.

I'll be on later tonight to try out 1.2 for the first time (damn company travel).  

On the TS chatter, I was always amazed by the idle banter, etc.  I expected more "tactical" chatter when I first signed up, but TS is what it is and I was unrealistic to expect radio disicline.  I'm just happy ot have a place and some people to play with.  I had similar experiences to Cruze5, but I figure it is a small price to pay and try not to take it personally.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I officially don't like the new patch. I think I'm done with it. The only good thing is the better AA. The rest sucks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:54:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
kinda nice how the ranks worked out.  Sorting the clan we have a 1LT a 2LT and a few SMAJ.  there is still a crowd at E-5 to E-8, but I can live with that.

I'll be on later tonight to try out 1.2 for the first time (damn company travel).  

On the TS chatter, I was always amazed by the idle banter, etc.  I expected more "tactical" chatter when I first signed up, but TS is what it is and I was unrealistic to expect radio disicline.  I'm just happy ot have a place and some people to play with.  I had similar experiences to Cruze5, but I figure it is a small price to pay and try not to take it personally.

Thats why I just dont use VoIP at all, and just stick with text messages.  Well, that, and that I ruined my headset.  

I officially LOVE the new patch.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:58:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats why I just dont use VoIP at all, and just stick with text messages.  Well, that, and that I ruined my headset.  

Hardly anyone in the clan looks for messages since we are all on TS :)

-d
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:41:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hardly anyone in the clan looks for messages since we are all on TS :)

-d

Some of you guys talk back
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I actually prefer to type.

It gives me a chance to get kicked/banned for excessive cussing.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:18:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I actually prefer to type.

It gives me a chance to get kicked/banned for excessive cussing.

only on lame servers that employ that... =)

-d
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:18:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I used to play Microsoft's Allegiance.  It was a space combat game.

It was pretty balanced when first released with the original 3 factions.  New factions were introduced later with different abilities.  

The new factions were stronger than the originals so they started to adjust everything in the game.

It wasn't long before everyone got pissed and quit playing because everytime a new update came out, the game was thrown further out of whack.

It's looking like EA is on the similar path with BF2.    If they keep changing the way the game plays, everyone will stop playing.

I haven't played the BF2 patch yet but, from the way it is sounding air power is almost nullified.

Sure stopping the bunny hopping was a good thing.  It should have never been allowed to occur to begin with because of all of the other FPS games that have had problems with it.

Dialing up the accuracy of the AA is a good thing because AA was near completely useless before.  But they have obviously taken it too far.

Sounds like air power will have it's hands full just trying to nullify AA now.  

I bought into this game because of the air power!  If I wanted to just play a ground pounder game, I could have stayed with the Delta Force series games!!

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:32:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I like the new patch.

The impoved accuracy means you have to watch for enemy, not just run around willy nilly.

Everyone will complain about the patch as theur play style adjusts to the new patch.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:44:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
snip

I'd say on the whole the patch is a good one. Airplanes are still pretty formidable and I get bombed frequently. I like having some recourse instead of being bombed all the time.  Choppers on the other hand might have been made too weak. Lowering the missile count really limits them.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:18:57 PM EDT
[#11]
As a certified bomber whore, it is definately a lot harder now.  First target HAS to be the AA.  And if there is an enemy in the J-10 or JSF, forget about it, it's nearly impossible to not get shot down by them.
My biggest complaint is they castrated the Spec Ops class by making C4 nearly useless.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:26:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah EA has some more tweaking to do to this game.  Overall not happy with the patch unless I can find and AA vehicle to hide in most of the game.  Now AA is actually fun against choppers.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:11:51 AM EDT
[#13]
OK....here's a question. I just downloaded the new patch and haven't played Bf in about six months due to an injury.

I started playing tonight to get the feel for it again, and got two ranks after three kills(?) Did they restructure the rank system with the new patch?

I think I like the patch, but haven't played enough to make up my mind yet.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:15:35 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
OK....here's a question. I just downloaded the new patch and haven't played Bf in about six months due to an injury.

I started playing tonight to get the feel for it again, and got two ranks after three kills(?) Did they restructure the rank system with the new patch?

I think I like the patch, but haven't played enough to make up my mind yet.

They restructured the ranks with a previous patch, and it gave you the ranks as soon as the account server was updated.  Thats why you got new ranks with each kill.

They added new ranks and adjusted the requirements for some of the higher ranks, but I think the ranks you are referring to were part of a previous patch.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:19:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks....I got alot of catching up to do.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:28:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Anyone else getting anti-tank rocket launchers firing duds?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:49:41 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I played one match on an EA public server earlier, and shot down 4 helicopters and a jet.  The new AA is a godsend.

Unless you are IN a jet, in which case you are completely fudged.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:53:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yep.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:44:37 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I noticed that last night.  EA is aware of the problem and is going to fix it according to this link: www.ea.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?src=communityupdate_021606
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:49:48 AM EDT
[#20]
fix it when.   in the next patch in 3 months
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:32:06 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm diggin the new patch.  Since I set up my joystick/throttle combo I can now fly pretty decent.  

I think this patch has made it a bit more balanced with the air power.  No longer can you have the other team with good pilots totally raping a team.

Now you have to advance with cover in order to not get picked off.  You have to take out the mobile AA guns with your ground pounders or dive bomb attacks from planes. Or you can try to fly NOE in your chopper.  I was able to do that yesterday while playing and avoid lockons and missile attacks by keeping right on the deck in a Cobra.

2 Thumbs up for me :D

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:07:32 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
fix it when.   in the next patch in 3 10 months

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:17:54 AM EDT
[#23]
several observations on the new patch.

1)   It plays like a different game.  That is both good and bad.  despite the other's reports I can't seem to get AA to lock up and they turn like AT rockets.  The AA veh. mounted Ma Deuce is doing a good job on Air assets and ground targets as well.  I like the GL as it seems more like the real ones I've used.  The Aiming reticle on the GL could be more useful.

2) the old game ran at 50fps+ for me on just about any server and there was no lag, etc.  Now, no matter what sever, I am at 25 - 35 fps and there is serious lag, jumpness, and jitteryness.  Nothing changed but the patch.  I even tried it with Xfire and TS OFF and it still had problems.  

3)  Not that I was any good before, but I am getting mowed down right and left no matter what kit i play.  I can exchange fire point blank with another guy, both using the same weapon (usually the FN2000 or SCAR-L) and i get lit up and they never seem to fall.  Guys are one shot killing me with a Beretta at 100 meters.  I can fire all day - fast, slow, auto,single fire, standing , prone, whatever - and I can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn.

4)  The SCAN needs to be modified.  Even JSTARs can't read inside buildings.  People in the open should be visible to a scan/UAV but inside buildings should be harder to read.

my 2 cents ......
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:43:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Did they lower the effectiveness of the Blackhawk mini guns? It seemed like I couldn't kill anyone  with the mini gun after the patch?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:05:09 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Did they lower the effectiveness of the Blackhawk mini guns? It seemed like I couldn't kill anyone  with the mini gun after the patch?

The mounted machine guns don't seem to be as accurate as they were before.

For instance: On the oil fields last night, I was using a humvee mounted M2 against a chopper, and couldn't make more than a couple of hits.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:58:46 AM EDT
[#26]
For those of us who would  like to keep our commo down to just useful information, you can always mute the players who can't stop yacking. Works pretty good.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:56:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
For those of us who would  like to keep our commo down to just useful information, you can always mute the players who can't stop yacking. Works pretty good.

yup
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:14:15 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
People are getting way out of hand on TS. 90% of the talking is cursing and bitching about something... joking around with someone and calling them a name in a joking tone will be fine.. but anymore all out calling people names will earn you a kick.. and if it continues... a timeout ban for you.

-d

This needs to be said again.  I've already started kicking at least one person for constantly bitching about not getting vehicles and getting abusive in TS.  This kind of childish behavior isn't going to be tolerated.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:55:13 PM EDT
[#29]
someone tell me about the new sniper rifle while my patch dl's, I'm still pissed about the M95
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:23:22 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
someone tell me about the new sniper rifle while my patch dl's, I'm still pissed about the M95

its the best sniper rifle in the game.   i haven't unlocked it yet, but from what people are saying.   its great.

your not a Soilwork fan are you.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:27:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Actually after their last album I'm not! that thing was horrible. Older stuff is still A+ though

Thanks for the info on the rifle though! 66% complete bleh, EA is slow tonight.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:30:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Anyone having this issue:  Last night I was playing on BRD and Gibby and I were facing off.  I shot a burst form the scar-l at close range directly into gibs head/chest.  I saw him fall to the ground backwards in a death fall   I tok a few steps toward him and fell myself.  I thought that we killed each other, but despite the fact I could see his body on the ground the ticker only said Gibby killed me.  I've never had this happen before.  When I went to spawn, sure enough Gibby was not dead/greyed out but I was.  No one else was around and we were out in the open on Sharqi.

I am also having a real problem killing Hummvees with the AT rocket.  I hit two in the same round with an at rocket but only sent it to the "fire damage" not a kill.  Hits were dead center on front grill and once on middle of the pass. side.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:18:46 PM EDT
[#33]
I've noticed a huge increase in the number of times an opponent and I kill each other with small arms, but nothing quite like you described. I've also noticed that the Anti tank rockets fire duds a lot now.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#34]
when you guys get 'duds' do you still get an impact explosion or jsut failure to detonate at all?  Maybe I am gettin duds.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:27:53 PM EDT
[#35]
I've noticed I still suck......
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:30:26 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Sorry I teamkilled you the other day.  I didnt see you join my squad, and you scared the hell outta me when I saw you pop out of nowhere.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:55:23 PM EDT
[#37]
At first I thought the new Anti Air was great, now that i have played levels that depend heavily on helicopters to get to the flags(Wake, Iron Gator) I am begining to feel that it has to much power.
I also noticed how much I am being killed by the PKM.

One part of me wishes EA would fix all of this the other just wishes the would stop trying because they are only going to make it worse.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:00:43 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
At first I thought the new Anti Air was great, now that i have played levels that depend heavily on helicopters to get to the flags(Wake, Iron Gator) I am begining to feel that it has to much power.
I also noticed how much I am being killed by the PKM.

One part of me wishes EA would fix all of this the other just wishes the would stop trying because they are only going to make it worse.

I think they are making it better.  I love seeing the choppers fall from the sky.  Yeah, I have been killed by the PKM a lot, but my G36C-O-Death is just as deadly against those guys with the PKM's.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:28:41 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

you pnwed me a few times!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:31:26 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
when you guys get 'duds' do you still get an impact explosion or jsut failure to detonate at all?  Maybe I am gettin duds.

It just doesn't detonate I guess. You can see the rocket fire and see the trail of smoke, but it just disappears before it gets to the target.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:49:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Community Update - 2/22/06

Good day soldiers, We want to let you know that we have been making great progress on patch 1.21 and are happy to share with you some of the issues that are being addressed. The patch will be tested in a limited beta starting the end of this week. We're working around the clock to minimize your wait on the release of 1.21 but at the same time want to make sure that the patch is thoroughly tested before it goes out officially.

Below is a list of the current confirmed fixes

* Crash bug when using Hummer with TOW in the Special Forces expansion pack has been fixed
   * Screen capture is now working
   * Performance issues with certain ATI cards has been addressed
   * Server browser can now filter by map name
   * Claymores - the number that can be dropped at any one time has been reduced to 2

Once again thank you for your patience and see you all on the Battlefield!

The team at DICE and E
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:58:07 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Good day soldiers, We want to let you know that we have been making great progress on patch 1.21 and are happy to share with you some of the issues that are being addressed. The patch will be tested in a limited beta starting the end of this week. We're working around the clock to minimize your wait on the release of 1.21 but at the same time want to make sure that the patch is thoroughly tested before it goes out officially.

* Crash bug when using Hummer with TOW in the Special Forces expansion pack has been fixed
   * Claymores - the number that can be dropped at any one time has been reduced to 2

The team at DICE and E

Awesome! They're fixing stuff that I dont have problems with.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:54:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:12:27 AM EDT
[#44]
SOB.   I have been having all kinds of issues with bf2 since i replaced my hd and the newest patch came out.  

hopefully this will resolve, that problem.  

me and gerber, darkwolfe were on the BRD disease last night.    i was AT.   i would fire one directly at an object(you could see the explosion).    it would reload and i would fire again...........in the same spot..... no explosion.

EA is a bunch of Frickin idiots.     it really makes you wonder about the people who makes these games.    

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:10:04 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The team at DICE and E

Awesome! They're fixing stuff that I dont have problems with.

Oh, but you will once the patch hits.

EA dogma, "CHALLENGE EVERYTHING".     By that they mean the stability of your computer to play their POS games.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:50:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Best bugged AA video yet....

www.secretsofbattlefield.com/Insaneaa.wmv
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:21:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:47:07 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
GREAT VIDEO!

That was cool. I gotta try that some time.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:09:49 PM EDT
[#49]
This patch may have already installed the new Euro Forces weapons. You just need Euro Forces to access them.

But, suposedly... there is a mod you can download and you can try them now i single player mode. Any one brave enough to try this mod? I just don't want to screw up my BF2 online gaming just yet.

I may make a copy of my BF2 directory and try it out...

Mod file links is:

rapidshare.de/files/13309511/Unlock_EuFor_Weapon_Test_Mod.exe.html

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:53:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Hey guys, that mod I listed in my previous post works! It took me a second to figure out how to make it work.

1) Downlaod and install mod
2) Open/ Run BF2
3) Go to the COMMUNITY tab and click the CUSTOM GAMES tab
4) click the weaponstest mod and ACTIVATE it.
5) it will restart BF2
6) Start a SINGLE player game, and you'll have all the TIER 2 (Special Forces weapons) on the MEC side and you'll have all the Euro Forces wepons on the USMC side.

Screenshots I took of weapons.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top