Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2006 5:29:04 PM EDT
I saw these on WGC Shop.

I'm not an Airsofter and don't know dick about the guns but I thought this was kinda cool since some of the guns I see in anime movies are pretty bad-ass.

My questions to anyone in the know:
1.) Are there any other sites that sell other "anime-style" Airsoft guns?
2.) Can you identify the guns to the anime movie they are inspired by?

Source
Poseidon GONG

Source
Poseidon SEBURO MN-23

Source
Source 2 (with more pictures)
Poseidon CQB Weapon Type-0 Raisen
(I really like this one because it's based on an AR lower... so it could actually be made if someone wanted to take the initiative).

Source
RAGING BULL MAXICUSTOM

Source
Vash's gun rom Trigun

Source
SEBURO C-X from Appleseed

more from Poseidon
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:41:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:21:23 AM EDT
[#2]
One thing I learned is that the Chinese and Japanese come from a warlike past. The Chinese have 2000+ years of warfare experience, so war isn't something new to the people.

Their influence runs deep in the japanese/chinese airsoft and manga/anime/movies. I think there is more gunplay and blood in the typical Asian action movie compared to the "violent" films we have in the US.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:34:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
One thing I learned is that the Chinese and Japanese come from a warlike past. The Chinese have 2000+ years of warfare experience, so war isn't something new to the people.

Their influence runs deep in the japanese/chinese airsoft and manga/anime/movies. I think there is more gunplay and blood in the typical Asian action movie compared to the "violent" films we have in the US.

Uh... ok.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:04:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh... ok.

translation is that they really really like weapons.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:11:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Whihc is surprising since AFAIK they don't manufacture a lot of firearms... I'd love to see some of these anime weapons made into real ones. They're frickn cool as hell looking.

I've been thinking about how hard it would be to make the one that is based on an AR... of course I haven't the access to anything that could be used to make that a reality... so it'll go about as far as imagining.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:23:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Whihc is surprising since AFAIK they don't manufacture a lot of firearms... I'd love to see some of these anime weapons made into real ones. They're frickn cool as hell looking.

I've been thinking about how hard it would be to make the one that is based on an AR... of course I haven't the access to anything that could be used to make that a reality... so it'll go about as far as imagining.

Most of the AR based anime guns are made so a Marui electric airsoft gun can be put inside.
Since Marui guns are very good replicas of the real thing, I would guess that a real AR could be put inside the anime kit with minimal customising.
I think that the biggest problem would be to keep the heat from firing the AR melting melting the kit.

I am living in Japan now so I could buy the kits if they are still sold and send them if somebody wants me to.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:17:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Most of the AR based anime guns are made so a Marui electric airsoft gun can be put inside.
Since Marui guns are very good replicas of the real thing, I would guess that a real AR could be put inside the anime kit with minimal customising.
I think that the biggest problem would be to keep the heat from firing the AR melting melting the kit.

I am living in Japan now so I could buy the kits if they are still sold and send them if somebody wants me to.

I was looking at some of the pictures of the assembly of them, though, and they look like they are all in symmetric left and right pieces and usually have some sort of accomodation for the electrical components underneath.

Check here to see what I mean...
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:27:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was looking at some of the pictures of the assembly of them, though, and they look like they are all in symmetric left and right pieces and usually have some sort of accomodation for the electrical components underneath.

Check here to see what I mean...

Well, yes you are right.
I would leave the real gun as it is, do no/very few modifications on it.
Then assemble the kit around it.
I think that would minimze the trouble/amount of work that has to be done.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:32:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well, yes you are right.
I would leave the real gun as it is, do no/very few modifications on it.
Then assemble the kit around it.
I think that would minimze the trouble/amount of work that has to be done.

In that case, yes, I can see how heat might become an issue sinc they no doubt don't build these things with that in mind.

I might take a whack at Photoshopping something to convey how cool I think it would look for that forward grip to be built into a handguard system. For some reason I like that thumbhole concept for foregrips.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:35:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Well you can buy Vash's gun for real. It's a Mateba auto revolver.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:33:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Well you can buy Vash's gun for real. It's a Mateba auto revolver.

The Mateba is one of two firearms that Vash's gun is based on. The other is the Webley revolver. Also, for the longest time Mateba's were available only in .357 Magnum and .44 Magnum, whereas Vash's gun was chambered for .45LC. Recently, however, Mateba has released revolvers chamber for .454 Casull.

A six-shot revolver chambered for .454 Casull (most are five shot) with reduced recoil, higher than average accuracy, and it's single-action every time you pull the trigger? Heck yes!

Too bad they cost an average of $1,2000. Sometimes you can find the more common .357 and .44 revolvers on gunbroker for between $800 and $1,000 if you're lucky.

ETA: http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=42888486

Excellent price for a Mateba, but there's a couple things wrong:

1) That is hardly the only carbine version to enter the US. You can order direct from the company if you're an FFL.

2) The stock and fore-end with the lengthier barrel are removable? Wouldn't that make it an SBR or AOW? It's not exempt like the Mauser c96 for example, I don't think.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top