Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2005 12:24:06 PM EDT
what national retail stores carry them?

what the big differenced between spring, gas, electric? im guessing spring is much weaker but are they still accurate for 30 yards?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:26:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Airsoft is not accurate.

At least not compared to a good M4 carbine with M193.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:26:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Wassamatter?

Bored?

efxguy
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Check with Armlite, I think there's are only good for about 30 yards.....
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:29:51 PM EDT
[#4]
We have an Airsoft/Gaming forum

There are dedicated boards for Airsoft.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:35:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:46:31 PM EDT
[#6]
its for a 10 year old.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:26:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
its for a 10 year old.

I bought one for around $40 from Shopko (a local department store) just to see what the hoopla was about.

It is powered by a rechargeable battery pack and came with a charger.  Shoots full auto.  At 20 feet it shoots a pattern not a group, but for a ten year old I would imagine it would be good enough.  It's actually kind of neat, and a better toy than what I had at 10 years old (plastic M16A1 that had the flywheel inside that you would spin when you pulled the trigger, made a clacking sound).
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:31:00 PM EDT
[#8]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airsoft

There's a huge amount of information there.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:06:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey all,

to answer cajun47 question
www.airsplat.com
www.airsoftalliance.com
airsoftatlanta.com
redwolfairsoft.com
airsoft128.com
lonestarairsoft.com
airsoftadvance.com
wgcshop.com
Tac1 homepage
airsoftextreme.com
www.airsoft-guns-expert.com
http://www.rockymountainsport.com/aigu.html
www.pyramidairsoft.com
http://www.xtremez.com/airsoft/?cmpid=OT13652
www.airsoftplayers.com
www.wgcshop.com
www.airsoftgi.com
www.evike.com
www.AirsoftAtlanta.com

some are actually guides and forum. and here are basic answers to your basic questions:
spring gun: normally called springer, doesn't go very far. max is about 40ft. unless you're talking about spring sniper weapons. which can go up to 500+fps
gas: propell by green gas, which is actually propane with silicone oil in it
electric: most common type of airsoft guns (AEG: automatic electric gun)
all airsoft gun works the same way, they are propelled by air being pushed by a piston. a stronger spring = better range. a bigger batter = higher rate of fire (rof)
a normal upgraded AEG cost about $500-$1000 (my gun cost more than the real thing)
and the ones your buy for $40 are POS. they are springer and they are toys. The higher end AEG have real steel parts that are interchangable to real steel.
if you like to learn more about airsoft or where you can play, please visit
www.airsoftretreat.com and
www.airsoftadvance.com which has many local players in the DFW area (dallas, tx)

Duc

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:28:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hey all,

a normal upgraded AEG cost about $500-$1000 (my gun cost more than the real thing)
and the ones your buy for $40 are POS.
Duc

WRONG

While a semi-only AR15 can be had for around $600, a real full auto or burst M16 (to duplicate your airsoft rifle which is full auto, right?) runs $10k plus, if you can find one.

And IMO the full size $40 Airsoft toy is as good as it needs to be for a 10 year old.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:44:32 PM EDT
[#11]
My single shot spring one hurts like hell.  Thats all Im looking for it to do
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:05:39 AM EDT
[#12]
http://img314.imageshack.us/img314/5540/airsoft64zz1xq.jpg

This must be the BEFORE pic....LOL  This is either a bad position for the barrel or the goggles, you be the judge.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:17:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey all,

and the ones your buy for $40 are POS.
Duc

WRONG

While a semi-only AR15 can be had for around $600, a real full auto or burst M16 (to duplicate your airsoft rifle which is full auto, right?) runs $10k plus, if you can find one.

And IMO the full size $40 Airsoft toy is as good as it needs to be for a 10 year old.

AEG airsoft rifle can be shoot in semi or full auto.
for a TOY for a 10 yrs old kid, $40 rifle is ok, but not if you want to practice milsim scenarios, which is what i enjoy. most of my friends own tons of real steel and they do go to shooting range often, but you can't really shoot people with real steel.
and I'm not saying that it's worth more than ALL real steel gun. I'm sure there are $10k custom airsoft rifle also.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:56:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok I guess its time to come out of the closet I own a Air soft but I’m not an expert

I just picked up a DPMS Kitty Kat soft air AR15 carbine (spring model) for about $90.00. This toy rifle is fun as hell I use it every night when I’m watching TV I have a cardboard box with computer paper taped on front of it then I stick a self-adhesive target on the computer paper and kick back and blow the hell out of the paper targets all night long.  The BBs stay in the box. Instead of going all over the carpet and you can reuse the BBs the sights work just like a regular AR15. The weight and feel is really close to an AR15. I personally think that this little toy rifle is going to improve my shooting. I use to be a hard core air soft basher until my brother let me shoot his air soft pistol. The first thing I did when I picked up the Air Soft pistol was to shoot my self in the hand 4” away it felt like I broke my freaking hand after the pain settled down ½ hour latter  I set some targets up the full length of the basement and started to shoot I was Really Impressed. With the toy gun and had a lot of fun shooting targets. I do admit I did get a little out of line when I started trying out my AR15 parts on the toy rifle  like putting my Colt sight base on it and Installing an Elcan scope Neither work by the way since they were made to shoot 5.56mm in stead of 0.25g plastic bb. There are some adjustments on the DPMS Kitty Kat Rifle that will improve the accuracy I can shoot a dime at 15 feet in my living room which is not really impressive since a real AR15 can do that at 100 yards. I can’t wait for the day I get a mouse in my sights in my apartment because I’m going hunting.
After I get an Xbox 360 I’m going to drop about $350.00 on one of those Armalite M4 full auto air soft toys then that’s it no more air soft for me but I do admit the mini gun air soft does look kind cool.  

BTW you won’t see me putting Air Soft JBT Tactical gear on I personally think that’s gay as hell.

Damn it looks like its time to renew my ARFCOM gold membership    

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:19:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Why does everyone bash airsoft? It's no worse then paintball, and most of us that play aren't crazy geeks. You guys who bash LOOK for the craziest/dumbest people that can be found playing.

Srry for going OT
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:24:11 AM EDT
[#16]

you won’t see me putting Air Soft JBT Tactical gear on I personally think that’s gay as hell.

it'd look gay if you're sitting around shooting your rifle at a box but when you're doing training excercise in the wood, it doesn't look gay.
If I show you some pics airsoft vs. real military, you think you can pick out which's fake?
and they wear goggles b/c they shoot at each other. eyes are precious for us
and an upgraded AEG will break your skin at 4 inches away. i advise you not to do that for your sake.
and many many times people get their teeth shot out from 20+ ft away.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:46:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

BTW you won’t see me putting Air Soft JBT Tactical gear on I personally think that’s gay as hell.

Please don't tie airsoft in with the JBTs, in any way shape or form. AFAIK we've done nothing to deserve that, atleast I don't remember infringing on anyones rights or burning down houses with children inside...
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:48:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
If I show you some pics airsoft vs. real military, you think you can pick out which's fake?

Yes, I do.  The airsoft pics will have incorrect gear, fat people, people with bad grooming habits, or if none of that, they'll all be Asian.  Usually, even the really good Japanese ones wear gear that looks like it had just been dry-cleaned.

It's pretty damned obvious 99.9% of the time if you're familiar with the airsoft world.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:00:54 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Why does everyone bash airsoft? It's no worse then paintball, and most of us that play aren't crazy geeks. You guys who bash LOOK for the craziest/dumbest people that can be found playing.

Srry for going OT

I used to play airsoft in college.  About half of us were ROTC, all of us were pretty serious about going out in the woods, rain or shine, and getting nice and muddy and having a good time. (almost 4 years ago)

That was before the dark times.  Before the 14 year olds and losers. (started about 2.5-3 years ago)

Eventually, it got big enough in the area (Western NY) that we started getting lots of weirdoes and children showing up.  They kinda took over the whole thing, because some of the serious guys were accepting of them and some were not.  As a result, I (not wanting to deal with weirdoes and children) was forced to make a decision - I could either play airsoft by myself, or have to deal with the retards and their paintball "speedball" style of playing.  That was when the true milsim/wargaming stuff died there.  After all, you can't really do a proper combat simulation when most of the people there don't understand jack shit about the military, combat, firearms, or basically anything else for that matter.

So I quit and sold all of my shit.  I still wish I could find a good group like I had back in college that made it worthwhile.   Unfortunately, a lot of airsofters are only into airsoft because a) they don't like real guns b) they're prohibited due to age or felony conviction or c) they're poor, because even tho airsoft can be expensive, shooting is more so.  Very few airsofters are into it because it's one of the cheapest CQB simulations available to the public, and a fun way to learn very basic small-unit tactics.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:25:12 AM EDT
[#20]
It sucks that the airsoft forum is combined with pc games,I feel....violated.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:12:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Yes, I do. The airsoft pics will have incorrect gear, fat people, people with bad grooming habits, or if none of that, they'll all be Asian. Usually, even the really good Japanese ones wear gear that looks like it had just been dry-cleaned.

It's pretty damned obvious 99.9% of the time if you're familiar with the airsoft world.

that's a pretty sick sterotype. and i disagree with "99.9%" of everything you've said.
Maybe because you had bad experiences in your area or something. You said you played airsoft at one time, so I assumed you're fat, have bad hair, and Asian. you can't judge the entire sport based on that one picture above or from your 4 years experience.
around Forney, TX the only fat people I see are cops that play with us. There's about 4 asian in about 40 people that play there. and I'll leave the bad grooming part out.

So I quit and sold all of my shit. I still wish I could find a good group like I had back in college that made it worthwhile. Unfortunately, a lot of airsofters are only into airsoft because a) they don't like real guns b) they're prohibited due to age or felony conviction or c) they're poor, because even tho airsoft can be expensive, shooting is more so. Very few airsofters are into it because it's one of the cheapest CQB simulations available to the public, and a fun way to learn very basic small-unit tactics.

I had the honor to play at a private field from an airsoft dealer. it's pretty much an open invitation to whoever play, but people who get to play there are very mature. The only kid there is 13 and 16 (brother) and they are as mature as they come. I can say that they're more mature than some of the adults out there that jack around.
I'd like to refute this point

a lot of airsofters are only into airsoft

a) I believe that more than 80% of the "adults" who involved in airsoft is because they LIKE real guns. that means, they have their own armory at home. If you're only refering to kids playing in the backyard, then I totally agree with you that they don't know anything about combat/military.
Out of all the people that I play with, about 80% have been in the force or are in the reserve or even in active duty. Sure, I'm only refering to my own field but you are also refering to your own field. I've had the privilidges (sp) of playing with all of the people around TX in a statewide Operation and all of whom are very mature.
b) I don't know where you got this from...
c) airsoft is one of the most expensive sport out there. like i tell everyone who ask me how much it takes to get into airsoft, i always tell them get ready to dump out all your money because it will suck it all up. I'm not talking about a kiddie springer or fake tactical gears that cost $40.
I'm sure i've spent enough money on airsoft to buy several rifles. and comparing to paintball, airsoft cost next to nothing to play. the only biggest cost is the AEG; after that, a bag of 5000 BBs can last me up to 3-4 months. that's about $50 for 6 months to play. we have no field fee b/c it's a private field and we get in free :D

how do people train with real guns? other than shooting at targets? you can train with real guns w/ laser, but what do you refer to as "real CQB simulation"
and yes, it is a lot of fun to play airsoft! that's the .01% that i agree wiht you
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Yes, I do. The airsoft pics will have incorrect gear, fat people, people with bad grooming habits, or if none of that, they'll all be Asian. Usually, even the really good Japanese ones wear gear that looks like it had just been dry-cleaned.

that's a pretty sick sterotype. and i disagree with "99.9%" of everything you've said.
Maybe because you had bad experiences in your area or something. You said you played airsoft at one time, so I assumed you're fat, have bad hair, and Asian. you can't judge the entire sport based on that one picture above or from your 4 years experience.
around Forney, TX the only fat people I see are cops that play with us. There's about 4 asian in about 40 people that play there. and I'll leave the bad grooming part out.

So I quit and sold all of my shit. I still wish I could find a good group like I had back in college that made it worthwhile. Unfortunately, a lot of airsofters are only into airsoft because a) they don't like real guns b) they're prohibited due to age or felony conviction or c) they're poor, because even tho airsoft can be expensive, shooting is more so. Very few airsofters are into it because it's one of the cheapest CQB simulations available to the public, and a fun way to learn very basic small-unit tactics.

I had the honor to play at a private field from an airsoft dealer. it's pretty much an open invitation to whoever play, but people who get to play there are very mature. The only kid there is 13 and 16 (brother) and they are as mature as they come. I can say that they're more mature than some of the adults out there that jack around.

a) I believe that more than 80% of the "adults" who involved in airsoft is because they LIKE real guns. that means, they have their own armory at home. If you're only refering to kids playing in the backyard, then I totally agree with you that they don't know anything about combat/military.
Out of all the people that I play with, about 80% have been in the force or are in the reserve or even in active duty. Sure, I'm only refering to my own field but you are also refering to your own field. I've had the privilidges (sp) of playing with all of the people around TX in a statewide Operation and all of whom are very mature.
c) airsoft is one of the most expensive sport out there. like i tell everyone who ask me how much it takes to get into airsoft, i always tell them get ready to dump out all your money because it will suck it all up. I'm not talking about a kiddie springer or fake tactical gears that cost $40.
I'm sure i've spent enough money on airsoft to buy several rifles. and comparing to paintball, airsoft cost next to nothing to play. the only biggest cost is the AEG; after that, a bag of 5000 BBs can last me up to 3-4 months. that's about $50 for 6 months to play. we have no field fee b/c it's a private field and we get in free :D

how do people train with real guns? other than shooting at targets? you can train with real guns w/ laser, but what do you refer to as "real CQB simulation"
and yes, it is a lot of fun to play airsoft! that's the .01% that i agree wiht you

Your attitude is pretty indicative of the average airsofter.

I've been to different airsoft events in NY, OH, and PA.  One of my good friends is a member of one of the most serious teams in the Northeast (GMR).  I've seen a fair number of airsofters from different areas, teams, and groups.  Everything I've posted is in line with my experience.  I have NEVER seen an airsoft photo (with the exception of the dry-cleaned Japanese teams) that didn't have at least one fat dude, one bearded dude with long hair, or one 13 year old.  Now it's fine, because at various times in my life, I've had a beard, been fat, and been 13 (never long hair tho) but most of the time the "real deal" doesn't look like that. Sorry.

Airsoft is not an expensive sport. I know, because I played it. I owned my share of equipment.  It wasn't worth shit in comparison to my real shooting equipment.  Collectors are a different story, but for required playing gear you can get away with an entire setup for much less than the price of a BM AR.

Really, the biggest disconnect between airsofters and me is that airsofters by and large do not think real guns are worth shit.  You have no idea how many times I've heard "why do I want a real gun?  I can't shoot my friends with it".  I've heard the same thing about body armor.  "Why do you own a real  Interceptor? I can get an airsoft version for less than $100".  That sort of bullshit.

I heard enough of that stuff eventually that I didn't want to have anything to do with it anymore.  I guess I outgrew it. *shrug*
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 2:10:55 PM EDT
[#23]

a) I believe that more than 80% of the "adults" who involved in airsoft is because they LIKE real guns.

The majority of airsofters I've known have not at all been supportive of the 2A.  The typical response to hearing that I own a firearm was "Why do you have a real gun?  You can't shoot anyone with it"  Now, granted, these were college students, but you aren't going to find many places in the US with non-student adult airsofters.

Arfcommers tend to have certain sterotypes about airsofters, but airsofters have their own set of opinions about gun owners.  Some tool was on here a couple months ago trying to convince everyone how badass him and his buddies are because they train with airsoft and one of them knows a service member or some crap.  After a thorough smackdown, I wandered over to some airsofter forums to look for some comic relief.  I recall someone bitching that gun owners are a bunch of violence obsessed slack jawed rednecks, and that airsoft is a "more useful hobby" because gun owners own lethal weapons and don't do anything more than shoot paper with them , and that AR owners sit around in their house with their $3,000 M4geries and wait for someone to break in so they can shoot them.

Spouting stupid shit like that, no wonder airsofters are frowned upon around here.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:00:22 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your attitude is pretty indicative of the average airsofter.

I've been to different airsoft events in NY, OH, and PA.  One of my good friends is a member of one of the most serious teams in the Northeast (GMR).  I've seen a fair number of airsofters from different areas, teams, and groups.  Everything I've posted is in line with my experience.  I have NEVER seen an airsoft photo (with the exception of the dry-cleaned Japanese teams) that didn't have at least one fat dude, one bearded dude with long hair, or one 13 year old.  Now it's fine, because at various times in my life, I've had a beard, been fat, and been 13 (never long hair tho) but most of the time the "real deal" doesn't look like that. Sorry.

Airsoft is not an expensive sport. I know, because I played it. I owned my share of equipment.  It wasn't worth shit in comparison to my real shooting equipment.  Collectors are a different story, but for required playing gear you can get away with an entire setup for much less than the price of a BM AR.

Really, the biggest disconnect between airsofters and me is that airsofters by and large do not think real guns are worth shit.  You have no idea how many times I've heard "why do I want a real gun?  I can't shoot my friends with it".  I've heard the same thing about body armor.  "Why do you own a real  Interceptor? I can get an airsoft version for less than $100".  That sort of bullshit.

I heard enough of that stuff eventually that I didn't want to have anything to do with it anymore.  I guess I outgrew it. *shrug*

We aren't all like that though. I've seen my fair share of weirdos, and hell, i'm 14. But i play it as a game, not "tacticool" training like some people. I mean, if i want real tactical shooting i'll just compete in a 3 gun. But you're right. It does kinda suck when you get that 400 lb guy that goes OMFWTFZORS!!!!!111!!!! Airsoft BEH TEE ROXXXXXORZ CUZ CHEAPER THAN REEL AND I GUT TOE SHUTE POOPLES!1!@!$!!! I BE TATICAL!!!I COOD FIGHT WAR AND STUFz.

They do kinda ruin the experience.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:08:01 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

what the big differenced between spring, gas, electric? im guessing spring is much weaker but are they still accurate for 30 yards?

They're operating systems. AEG- Nice selectfire rifles. If you don't want it to die on you the next die or be able to shoot worth a damn, they will run you $200-$400. UTG guns are the exception to this rule. 200-600 fps, depending on brand/upgrades

Gas- Mostly semiatomatic/select fire/machine pistols. Some smg's to be found. Some run on C02, most run on compressed propane.(Why? because its cheaper than C02 canisters)100-400 fps range, depending on brand/model/upgrades. any where from $80-$400

Spring- Mostly cheap ass weak shooting guns. Some higher end bolt rifles and pump shot guns are spring though. Crappy ones in the low 100 fps range, cost les than $50 most of the time. Price for nice ones comparable to AEGs, as is the fps. Some of the rifles can be upgraded to more than 900 fps. For obvious reason, a gun modified to that power is not usually allowed in an official club game.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:17:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Airsoft could be fun as a game except for the typical player you run into.  Some people take their game a bit too serious, they forget they are playing and not the local SWAT team ona tactical drill.  I've seen some paintball scenario guys who suffer the same dilema also.  To the extremes, I have seen those players who insist they have a rank and expect respect be shown to their rank! LOL  They fully believe they are commanding a pseudo-military unit!  Posers and Losers :(  You also have the real steel gun whackos out there also, so those groups have no monopoly over retards.  A portion of the population are just retards, they unfortunately find their way into any form of recreation or interest we have.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:36:40 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They're operating systems. AEG- Nice selectfire rifles. If you don't want it to die on you the next die or be able to shoot worth a damn, they will run you $200-$400. UTG guns are the exception to this rule. 200-600 fps, depending on brand/upgrades

Gas- Mostly semiatomatic/select fire/machine pistols. Some smg's to be found. Some run on C02, most run on compressed propane.(Why? because its cheaper than C02 canisters)100-400 fps range, depending on brand/model/upgrades. any where from $80-$400

Spring- Mostly cheap ass weak shooting guns. Some higher end bolt rifles and pump shot guns are spring though. Crappy ones in the low 100 fps range, cost les than $50 most of the time. Price for nice ones comparable to AEGs, as is the fps. Some of the rifles can be upgraded to more than 900 fps. For obvious reason, a gun modified to that power is not usually allowed in an official club game.

Here's where I get to be an airsoft snob.

Best bet for a player is the Marui SR-16 or AK-47 electric replicas.  Bother are about the same size, weight, and both use a large-style battery for power, which is crucial for long battery life.  The SR-16 (more or less an M4 with a Knight's RAS replica and an A2 stock) has the benefit of having more parts available, while the AK-47 has the benefit of a stronger gearbox, allowing for longer life with higher-powered upgrade springs.  

Gas pistols are okay, but temperemental.  Ironically, they're much less reliable and very susceptible to changes in temperature. Too low or too high of temperature and you're out of luck.  As collectors and hobbyists they can be fun, because out of all of the common airsofts, Gas Blowback pistols are the most technicially accurate replicas.  Oftentimes, the controls are nearly identical to the pistol they replicate.  Western Arms are the more premium brand in these, they mostly make 1911-style replicas.

Anything else, I wouldn't bother with.

Well, at this point, I don't think I'd bother with any of it. But those are my cut-and-dry brand recommendations.  Nothing too fancy, if you go on any airsoft forum you'll likely find the same information.  Some people will contest the Western Arms airsofts because they cost sometimes twice as much as their competitors, but they're still only around $200, and it's worth it.

I will say this, tho - airsofts make good cat remotes.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:47:58 PM EDT
[#28]
I think one reason people don't like Western Arms is they use the same gas in all thier guns. Gree gas in a WA gun can crack the slide. Makes the gun look cheap. Even though somewhere in the manual it says to use HFC134a only.

Granted you have to weed through a LOT of japanese text to find it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:41:46 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's where I get to be an airsoft snob.

Best bet for a player is the Marui SR-16 or AK-47 electric replicas.  Bother are about the same size, weight, and both use a large-style battery for power, which is crucial for long battery life.  The SR-16 (more or less an M4 with a Knight's RAS replica and an A2 stock) has the benefit of having more parts available, while the AK-47 has the benefit of a stronger gearbox, allowing for longer life with higher-powered upgrade springs.  

Gas pistols are okay, but temperemental.  Ironically, they're much less reliable and very susceptible to changes in temperature. Too low or too high of temperature and you're out of luck.  As collectors and hobbyists they can be fun, because out of all of the common airsofts, Gas Blowback pistols are the most technicially accurate replicas.  Oftentimes, the controls are nearly identical to the pistol they replicate.  Western Arms are the more premium brand in these, they mostly make 1911-style replicas.

Anything else, I wouldn't bother with.

Well, at this point, I don't think I'd bother with any of it. But those are my cut-and-dry brand recommendations.  Nothing too fancy, if you go on any airsoft forum you'll likely find the same information.  Some people will contest the Western Arms airsofts because they cost sometimes twice as much as their competitors, but they're still only around $200, and it's worth it.

I will say this, tho - airsofts make good cat remotes.

UTG is good too. It's reverse engineered Marui guns, are exactly the same down to the base components. and $200 cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:48:17 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Airsoft is not accurate.

At least not compared to a good M4 carbine with M193.

+1
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:25:48 PM EDT
[#32]
I resent the statement of being some on who enjoys airsoft as being a strerio typical fat slobish person. I play with a team called ACO, which is very big here in michigan, One of my teammates has a adventure company based around his love for air soft. I am also a real steel gun owner, and Im not one of those who think all real steel owners are any thing more than some one who enjoys the sport/hobbie of target shooting. I do the same. The main base of airsoft IS mostly children under the age of 18. But when we hold a even at the property my friend leases we hold more 18+ events than any thing else.  http://www.acoclub.com/  is his site for the company.

And heres a couple pics (hopefully they work) that prove Im not one of the idiot kids that play airsoft.

Notice the forum Im on...http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid199/pf2dd5c8d8e81022255bcfb5f030e7a3c/f09d5735.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid199/pfe914a69a5c8a5216d9bfac8c42c8ea1/f09d57b4.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid199/pe4f505eefd0393db67342c15011b79d7/f09d58a3.jpg
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:49:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Your dressed in tactical gear, on the pc....
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:00:27 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I resent the statement of being some on who enjoys airsoft as being a strerio typical fat slobish person. I play with a team called ACO, which is very big here in michigan, One of my teammates has a adventure company based around his love for air soft. I am also a real steel gun owner, and Im not one of those who think all real steel owners are any thing more than some one who enjoys the sport/hobbie of target shooting. I do the same. The main base of airsoft IS mostly children under the age of 18. But when we hold a even at the property my friend leases we hold more 18+ events than any thing else.  http://www.acoclub.com/  is his site for the company.

And heres a couple pics (hopefully they work) that prove Im not one of the idiot kids that play airsoft.

Notice the forum Im on...
www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid199/pf2dd5c8d8e81022255bcfb5f030e7a3c/f09d5735.jpg
www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid199/pfe914a69a5c8a5216d9bfac8c42c8ea1/f09d57b4.jpg
www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid199/pe4f505eefd0393db67342c15011b79d7/f09d58a3.jpg

What is it with airsofters wearing Woodland BDUs and Black gear?  Too much Stargate SG1?

You do realize that while Black looks tactical and all, it kinda fucks up your camouflage.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:48:22 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Notice the forum Im on...
www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid199/pf2dd5c8d8e81022255bcfb5f030e7a3c/f09d5735.jpg
www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid199/pfe914a69a5c8a5216d9bfac8c42c8ea1/f09d57b4.jpg
www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid199/pe4f505eefd0393db67342c15011b79d7/f09d58a3.jpg

What is it with airsofters wearing Woodland BDUs and Black gear?  Too much Stargate SG1?

You do realize that while Black looks tactical and all, it kinda fucks up your camouflage.

Seems that many people don't know that little jewel of info. I love seeing people on the opposite team from me show up in ALL black clothing. Might as well be hunter orange in a green forest.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:55:06 PM EDT
[#36]
The Pic of me on the PC was meant as a joke. And the P90 does have a SG1 5 pt. harness for it that keeps it close to the center of the body at the ready. I baught it from the guy who makes them for the movie.

And as far as being seen and being shot are two different things. :)

I do have cammo drop leg pouches and vests, Actually I normally run a OD green Black hawk strike chest rig and cammo drop leg stuff. I was just messing around at home. And Ive seen a few pics from friends from and in Iraqu that have black vests and drop leg stuff because its what they we're either issued or what they're family sent them. Cource in a CQB situation I dont think cammo will help all too much when busting down doors... But I was just messing with my gear because I have a big game comming up the 28th in Lowel Michigan and I have'nt put my gear on in so long. I noticed I need bigger woodland cammo BDU's. Too many times thru the wash i guess... Looks like a perfest time to pick up some CRY BDU's. They're exspencive but they are supposed to be a multi terrain cammo.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:36:14 PM EDT
[#37]
I bought this armalite not to long ago from a local shop!! its pretty sweet.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/mrgod247/airsoft/Picture002.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/mrgod247/airsoft/Picture004.jpg

it breaks your skin at 10 ft
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top