Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2005 1:02:19 PM EDT
Is it just me or is this game hard as a motherf*ck^r?
I've played most of the other WWII's and this one is kicking my ass. I had to play in easiest mode.
The more realistic use of the site on weapons is tough.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 1:25:24 PM EDT
[#1]
My friend said he and his son didn't like it because it was so hard.  He said it was too complicated.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 1:30:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I hated the sights.

So far, the America's Army sights have the most realistic movement. The Brothers in Arms sights just move wildly about; you never know if you are going to hit something or not.

Av.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 2:02:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I liked the game but it was hard it took me around 4 days to beat around 2-3 hrs a day.

I hated the sights too.
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 11:42:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Yea the wobble/sight movement gets annoying.  If you try to flank them more, you get so close to them when you fire, that the wobble isnt a big deal.  Will rent it to at least check it out.  
The simple fact that the enemy can react and counter-flank your position and maneuvers is AWESOME.  The PS2 demo for this got interesting when they started reacting to my movements.   My complaint isnt so much the sights...it was that your team likes to wander alot from where you ORDER them to go...

I played the first one solo pretty much.  My team would die fast, because they wouldnt take cover fast enough, ect.  So I just would pick them all off one by one.  The longer you stand still, the wobble will go away, and THEN it feels cool to pick them off.  Headshots were shown with a nice bloody mist...

YMMV, but I think it has serious potential...just being held back by teammate AI flaws, ect.      
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 1:24:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought the enemy and team AI blew.

If you flank the enemy they run away to a new position. They never attacked or tried to out flank me.

Killing the Nazi's with grenades makes a nice mess. Blown off legs and arms are always cool in a video game.

I have the PC version, and I got a red mist with every hit on a bad guy. They also left blood splatter on the walls or objects behind them when shot.

Av.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:22:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I just started playing it this weekend, and I suck at it. I'm stuck on the second chapter. My team is composed of Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder, and apparently they're both parapalegics. My rifle must be an Airsoft, as I can be within 5 yds and blast head shots, and the super-Nazis are unaffected until I empty my mag.

Guess I'll have to drop from "normal" to "kindergarten" and give it another run.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:56:39 AM EDT
[#7]

I can't survive the demo version map no matter what I do, and I have it set at the easiest setting. I will not be buy this POS no matter how good the jeep drive was. The .50 cal that never runs out of ammo was pretty cool though.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:37:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought "Road to Hill 30" this last weekend for $20.  I wrapped it up and put it under the tree for myself.

I'll let ya know how it goes after Christmas.   Hopefully then I can pick up "Earned in Blood" for a similar price at that point, too.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:21:40 AM EDT
[#9]
my God it is hard. It took me thee days to get throught the training and another week 1 week just to get through the first chapter. This one is going to take me a while
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:01:30 PM EDT
[#10]
i have it for the pc, i think it took about 8 hours start to finish. didnt find it too hard even though my men didnt always use cover like they should have, other than that it was fun. it is pretty cool leaving a fire team to cover while flanking and nading those mg bastards. if only my friends could get that shit down on cs and dod.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:06:35 PM EDT
[#11]
It's 100 times better than American's Army...

AA has the worst Team AI and awful controls...

I cannot believe that the Army would sign on to this piece of shit...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:17:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Earned in Blood is alot harder then the first.  After awhile though you can flank the enemy into a trap by guessing where they move to next.

I think they may have made the guns less accurate then in Road to Hill 30.  Also they (game rags) made it seem like more of the environment would be destructible.  trees, buildings, low walls, etc.  I want to destroy cover with a panzerfaust.  I was expecting tank blasts to destroy a building like in the xbox demo.  boo.

A decent game, but still missing quite a bit. I wanted to go prone in some places, and pick up enemy hand grenades.

I did more damage with the Mauser then any other firearms in the game.  Sometimes even dropping the M1 Garand for it.  The BAR was too gimped IMHO.  Never fired one in real life, but i'd imagine that when calmed down i should be able to hit something 50yards away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top